1720 18 2019-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Hi,

I was able to fly my SPARK again at night for a 3KM round distance using the DJI GO mission Android app even with my front obstacle sensor and downward sensor being defective for the last four months !
Note that my data loss link ( RC -SPark disconnection ) was showing a timing of 176 secs. ( that is almost 3 minutes !) .  SPARK return back to base precisely without any issues.

Weblink
https://app.airdata.com/share/tqvqxn

2019-2-6
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Nice - well done.
2019-2-6
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

You are a very brave person
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience with your DJI Spark. Should you have further question, please feel free to contact us. Thank you.
2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

DJI GO has missions for Spark?
2019-2-6
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-6 09:11
DJI GO has missions for Spark?

Nope, the third party application is DJI mission app from google store.  It uses DJI GO4 Mod app to run the way point mission.
2019-2-6
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

thank you all for your feedback.
2019-2-6
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

S.J Posted at 2-6 09:33
Nope, the third party application is DJI mission app from google store.  It uses DJI GO4 Mod app to run the way point mission.

Ah, will need to check it out. Tried red waypoints or something like that but not impressed.
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

S.J Posted at 2-6 09:34
thank you all for your feedback.

You are most welcome. Enjoy and always have a safe flight!
2019-2-6
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Nice mission SJ. I must try Airdata one day.
2019-2-6
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Looks like the mission worked even when disconnect from the remote. I'm surprised that Spark can do this. Well done & thanks for sharing.
2019-2-6
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Sparkz71 Posted at 2-6 22:13
Looks like the mission worked even when disconnect from the remote. I'm surprised that Spark can do this. Well done & thanks for sharing.

Yep. This is second such mission done with the DJI GO mission app.  But you must understand here that DJI GO4 mod V4.1.15 version was used.
2019-2-6
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

S.J Posted at 2-6 22:27
Yep. This is second such mission done with the DJI GO mission app.  But you must understand here that DJI GO4 mod V4.1.15 version was used.

I understand that you are not using the default DJI app.
Considering Litchi, RedWayPoint & other modified apps are available with DJI SDK available - they should all comply with DJI. Even though DJI may suggest otherwise & prefer their own app. Otherwise DJI would not release the SDK?  Simple.
Thanks for testing & sharing as they seem more reliable than the current version of DJI Go 4.
As usual, those smart enough to improve the software have done a wonderful job, beyond DJI, yet within the laws provided.
Maybe DJI don't approve only to up-sell their products, even though they have the same or similar capacity between Spark Mavic etc?   It's all about the $, not the customer.
Again, thanks for sharing & proving Spark can do more than intended.
I'll try 3rd party software now that my Spark's 12 month warranty  expired yesterday.

2019-2-6
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Kuwait

Sparkz71 Posted at 2-6 23:16
I understand that you are not using the default DJI app.
Considering Litchi, RedWayPoint & other modified apps are available with DJI SDK available - they should all comply with DJI. Even though DJI may suggest otherwise & prefer their own app. Otherwise DJI would not release the SDK?  Simple.
Thanks for testing & sharing as they seem more reliable than the current version of DJI Go 4.

This waypoint  app DJI Go mission is a unique app where its missions get automatically saved inside  the DJI GO4 Mod app folder.   This DJI GO4 Mod app is actually a v4.1.15 version except it has many  features including way points planning  taken from Mavic Pro interface . They are just  integrated into the original DJI GO4 app to use with SPARK.

The other reliable and tested waypoint app that i know about is DJI harmony which is an independent app exclusively to handle DJI drones including SPARK. You do not need to run DJI Go4 app in the background to start the mission.  
Note:
Back in Nov 2018 , I had conducted a test beyond 3.5 KM flight runs using the mission app, I found that the aircraft  disconnected for a long period of 3.2 - 3.5 minutes and by then the RC failed to bind with SPARK.( No green signal until RTH landing position)   However SPARK completes the mission and lands at the home point precisely. Therefore while doing long distance missions , always use the last waypoint as your home point for a double safe return )  In this case, i got a good  video done through the SPARK SD card but the flight logs failed to register   proper data which is stored in the mobile. So I couldn't upload to Airdata.
2019-2-6
Use props
ArnoSpark
Second Officer
Kenya

Very suicidal mission indeed  and glad that its back sound and safe
2019-2-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Very nice, great job!