Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to Exit Begiiner Mode
67788 23 2015-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rich_even
lvl.1

United States

I made the mistake of allowing my PS Pro to start in Begiiner Mode - I have two Phantom 2 V2's already. Don't need beginners mode.

I've done searches for MC and Beginners Mode. No helpful links have come up.

How do I exit Beginners Mode. It says I can in the MC. I'm looking at the app and I don't see an MC settings area.

Many thanks in advance

Richard

2015-6-5
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.3

United States

Yeah, you can turn it off in the app. There's a slider you just tap and move to the left.

Okay, in the ANDROID version, with the app launched.

Go to CAMERA page, then click MODE (top left just along from HOME icon) and that takes you to MC settings. You should see a slider for beginner mode.
2015-6-5
Use props
rich_even
lvl.1

United States

lightpanther Posted at 2015-6-6 07:12
Yeah, you can turn it off in the app. There's a slider you just tap and move to the left.

Okay, in  ...

Understood its in the app. Where in the App?
Seems every icon I click on is for other functions. Wish I had a tablet but I'm using my phone

Which icon is the MC?

Thanks
2015-6-5
Use props
rich_even
lvl.1

United States

Of course after typing that I tapped on P-Opti Upper Left hand corner next to the Home button. That did it

Thanks
2015-6-5
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

rich_even@yahoo Posted at 2015-6-6 07:17
Understood its in the app. Where in the App?
Seems every icon I click on is for other functions.  ...

Have you read *any* of the manual?

The "General Settings" icon is the icon in the upper right hand corner of the main screen in the Pilot app. Touch that and you'll see "Beginner Mode" on the menu that opens.

It's possible you may have to be connected to see it - don't remember for sure.

There are a number of settings/options that are only available if you're connected with the Pilot app *and* the Remote Controller and Phantom are on.
2015-6-5
Use props
markalanb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21480 ft
United States

ok, Ive done all this and know where MX page is and still I operate in Beginners mode. Is there something beyond this??

2015-6-7
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

"Beginner Mode" is for New Pilots that can not do the simple things, like.... you guessed it 'switch "Beginner Mode" off'. My advice is leave it in "Beginner Mode" until you are more familiar with it and have read the manual.
2015-6-8
Use props
rich_even
lvl.1

United States

markalanb@hotma Posted at 2015-6-7 20:38
ok, Ive done all this and know where MX page is and still I operate in Beginners mode. Is there some ...

Mark,

I'll spare you the Holier than thou snotty remarks.

Upper left corner of the app. Next to the Home button. Click there. you will get the options to turn off Beginner Mode
2015-6-8
Use props
GAGUY
New
United States

FYI... it will keep returning to beginner mode if you don't have ALL you equipment turned on too. In other words you can't just turn it off with your phone on and controller on. Your craft needs to be on too.
2017-5-23
Use props
paulhummerman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114915 ft
United States

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2015-6-8 11:34
"Beginner Mode" is for New Pilots that can not do the simple things, like.... you guessed it 'switch "Beginner Mode" off'. My advice is leave it in "Beginner Mode" until you are more familiar with it and have read the manual.

THERE'S NOTHING IN the manual about Beginner Mode
2017-7-8
Use props
Broskii
New
Flight distance : 135735 ft
United States

Who's got a screenshot on this? I've looked everywhere and still can't find it for the Inspire 2.
2017-7-10
Use props
bubsnews
lvl.2
United States

This is just unbelievable!  Manual, I have P4, does not mention beginners mode at all.

My problem is, I can turn beginners mode off, but my P4 still is in beginners mode, even when it is turned off.  Nothing I can do, just keeps stating I've reached maximum altitude, 100 meters, and to turn off beginners mode in advanced settings.  Every time, I check and it is indeed turned off, slider to the left.

What the hell...
2017-7-12
Use props
Martinbussen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272930 ft

Sweden

Same problem... Cant go abowe ~100 Gert du to:
Maximum Altitude Reached: Adjust altitude in MC Settings if requireds
2017-7-15
Use props
Art - N4PJ
lvl.4
United States

For whoever said there's nothing in the manual about beginner mode...

I have the P3P manual v1.6 - check out page 36.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2017-7-15
Use props
fansb694d87d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 587054 ft
Canada

Bought my phantom 3 standard a year and a half ago,over 200 flights no issues,other than some stress cracks.Did a firmware update last week and i think ive had at least one flight no problem but went out last night and my maximum height and distance was 30 meters,not in beginners mode ,havent had a chance to check it out thoroughly but any suggestions would be appreciated
2017-7-19
Use props
Art - N4PJ
lvl.4
United States

sinbad_uk@ntlwo Posted at 2015-6-8 11:34

Manuals? We doan need no stinkin' manuals! LOL

There are many who think it's "millenials" who insist on unboxing and immediately taking to the skys - damn the manual, full speed ahead.

But, before drones came on the scene, I was hip-deep in flight simulation and it was exactly the same way back in the 90s. It was common to see "...it's easier to come here and ask for help than it is to do research."

There's a lot of good help here and there are a couple of other excellent sites, but, by-and-large, reading the directions continues to imitate a lost art!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2017-7-19
Use props
Art - N4PJ
lvl.4
United States

fansb694d87d Posted at 2017-7-19 00:46
Bought my phantom 3 standard a year and a half ago,over 200 flights no issues,other than some stress cracks.Did a firmware update last week and i think ive had at least one flight no problem but went out last night and my maximum height and distance was 30 meters,not in beginners mode ,havent had a chance to check it out thoroughly but any suggestions would be appreciated

There have been comments from many users following a firmware update about settings being reset - either to default or, worse yet, something you absolutely never expected!

After a firmware update, fire everything up in the correct sequence, then wade through the menus, checking that your max altitude, RTH altitude, etc. are set where *you* want them to be. Maybe go somewhere like a big field with few or no trees and hover gently (and close!) while you wade through the menus.

While this hasn't happened to me personally, I've seen lots of comments here from people I trust.

Good luck.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2017-7-19
Use props
GlennFitz
New
Flight distance : 276906 ft
Ireland

Hey Art

I seem to be having the exact same issue as you - my max height is 30m and 45 m distance. it is not in training mode - It will also not let me change the RTH values - keeps defaulting to 30m.
How could DJI let these releases out ? Very poor bug management - Im in Cork Ireland
2017-7-28
Use props
theyang
lvl.1
United States

I too got the error of max altitude of 30m.  Wtf. I'm on the latest firmware too. IDK. Might have to return the spark
2017-9-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You guys who are having problems with minimum distant flights, might want to reinstall your app.
Once you delete it, clear your internet cache and cookies, before rebooting your device and then reinstall the app.

It might be a corrupt file or glitch in the app, but you should be ok, once you get a clean download. Fingers crossed...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-7
Use props
fansbb0dd384
New
Flight distance : 5541 ft

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-7 20:10
You guys who are having problems with minimum distant flights, might want to reinstall your app.
Once you delete it, clear your internet cache and cookies, before rebooting your device and then reinstall the app.

I have done that at lest 5 times IT DOE'S NOT WORK
2018-3-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

fansbb0dd384 Posted at 2018-3-25 13:17
I have done that at lest 5 times IT DOE'S NOT WORK

Make sure you delete the Internet cache and cookies then reboot your device, before reinstalling apps.

If that doesn't work, try a different device. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-3-25
Use props
djiuser_wa6Lp8ic36OE
New

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-7 20:10

Hi Dude "RedHotFox" id like to keep in contact with you as ive just bought the DJI Mavic Air and would appreciate some advice in the near future, i hope you are agreeable with this and i am on skype anc Viba though my email address is allenmt66@gmail.com 0r mobile +447760504854 i noticed there are hidden features in the controller and other different things not cover in the "manual" if you can call it that. Anyhow i hope to receive a reply and hope youre in the best of health and in good spirits.
Yours Sincerely
Mark Allen
2018-9-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

djiuser_wa6Lp8ic36OE Posted at 2018-9-4 06:36
Hi Dude "RedHotFox" id like to keep in contact with you as ive just bought the DJI Mavic Air and would appreciate some advice in the near future, i hope you are agreeable with this and i am on skype anc Viba though my email address is allenmt66@gmail.com 0r mobile +447760504854 i noticed there are hidden features in the controller and other different things not cover in the "manual" if you can call it that. Anyhow i hope to receive a reply and hope youre in the best of health and in good spirits.
Yours Sincerely
Mark Allen

We are always here to help you, so fear not. Just post your requests and questions and someone with supreme knowledge and expert experience will be along to help.

The forum is marvelous for that. ;-)
Please remove your email address, as you may get Spammed.
Not ‘Spam Eggs Sausage and Spam’... haha crazy “MPFC”

I am a fox, at least wise like one. Chuckles

RedHotPoker

2018-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules