Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Man he's going off
2019-2-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this video in DJI Forum. If you need any help, please feel free to reach us. We're glad to help. Thank you.
2019-2-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 2-6 15:29
Man he's going off

ya i love this guy he fights with facts
2019-2-6
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2-6 15:33
ya i love this guy he fights with facts

Yes he does. This is one advocate we need.
2019-2-6
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing!
2019-2-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jacksonnai Posted at 2-7 03:02
Thanks for sharing!

no problem, he's an awesome drone community advocate.
2019-2-7
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-6 15:30
Hi, thanks for sharing this video in DJI Forum. If you need any help, please feel free to reach us. We're glad to help. Thank you.

WHAT? Come on Natalie.
2019-2-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

I guess more research needs to be done on risks and damage done to airplanes by drones.
However, one worrying fact is that there is an upward trend of pilot errors and mistakes.
Problem lies within the global trend of "pay to fly", especially in civil aviation. Let me explain.

Historically, pilots were chosen from a bigger pool of candidates that is nowadays severely limited
due to the fact that a lot of candidates are ruled out but not being able or willing to pay huge amounts
of money needed today to become a pilot. It is less so with military but wages for military pilots are
not exactly motivational, tho....
Anyways, military pilots are still generally far more skillful and that's why civil companies are always
actively trying to get those onboard.

So, instead of choosing candidates on mental and physical criteria, money started to play a significant role,
thus decrease in pilot quality and consequently increase in pilot induced incidents despite the fact modern
airplanes have so much more automation and so much better design and materials used than just 20 years ago.

And than this xJet challenged somebody who's job is to promote even more of "pay to fly" policy and expected the guy will accept the challenge?
2019-2-7
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-7 03:38
I guess more research needs to be done on risks and damage done to airplanes by drones.
However, one worrying fact is that there is an upward trend of pilot errors and mistakes.
Problem lies within the global trend of "pay to fly", especially in civil aviation. Let me explain.

he made a good point.. in canada (i think?) was an alleged drone strike on a wing of a plane and it barely did any damage and apparently that was at over 250 kts. basically a dent and scuffs. not what the demonizing media showed with a phantom embedding itself into a wing.   so yes more studies need to be made, but they need to be done scientifically and accurately and proven...   not launching a phantom out of an aircanning at an affixed point on a non moving wing with no airflow over it to deflect..also realistic speeds and scenarios, the study of embedding phantom into a wing was launched it at 500+ MPH into a wing wasn't moving air across it.., planes are not doing 500+mph until cruising alt multiple miles up in the sky (agl) .. not a couple thousand feet (agl).  and when they are moving at 500 mph there is alot of air deflection, enough buffer that phantom going 45mph forward (its own top speed) wouldn't be able to hit wing doing 500 mph.. be enough air mass and buffer that phantom will get thrown up and over or down and under..

and xjet was picking on this guy for a lot of reasons but ya, the guy was saying only a matter of time before drone kills a plane full of people but cant answer why or back it up with facts and runs with his tail between his legs when called out...... that politician is a corrupt nut case it sounds like form his rants..
2019-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules