Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_lwtcC4QY3riZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62976 ft
United States

WHAT A JOKE!!!!
I don't even know what to say I'm so mad>>>>>
Was flying my spark over the weekend and the battery popped off in mid flight.
So, I contact DJI and get Ken the tech support guy.
I uploaded my flight log and he tells me I crashed in sport mode, It's not a malfunction.
ARE YOU FOR REAL!!!!!
I watched my Spark liftoff and about 20ft up the battery popped off and the thing smashed onto the concrete.
I'm not looking to get somthing for free jackass. I just want DJI to work with me.
This is a know issue if the battery is not on all the way.
I WOULD OWN IT IF I CRASHED!!!!!!!
BUT I DIDN'T DJI SHOULD OWN IT BUT THEY WON'T
THIS ISN'T OVER YET!!!!!
NOT BY A LONG SHOT!!!!
2019-2-6
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Kind of late to be lamenting on a forum where if you'd done any research before flying you would have seen numerous others who have had the same issue and been told to buy a $5.99 battery clip.
2019-2-6
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

You admitted the battery may not have been clicked in correctly.  Your comments are silly  & admits liability on your part.  What do you expect - the man in the moon to plug it in correctly? You own this problem based on your own admission.    ARE YOU FOR REAL! You should have said it was locked in - but now you admit otherwise & complain?   Be careful what you say, never admit errors. Once you admit an error, you have no chance to defend your position. Please be wiser in the future.
2019-2-6
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

I have to agree with the others this ones on you
2019-2-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that buddy
2019-2-7
Use props
ArnoSpark
lvl.4
Kenya

Well there is a lot of debates here, the battery should never fell down on its own indeed, however since i heard of the stories of battery fell off, i start counter checking that i placed the battery in the right way, i never felt the need to use those battery holders tho i have some rubber band that works as a holder, used it once but really never used it again. I make sure battery is secure before i take off.
So sorry mate for that hope your case will be sorted out well and soon.
2019-2-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
Second Officer

Croatia

ArnoSpark Posted at 2-7 04:33
Well there is a lot of debates here, the battery should never fell down on its own indeed, however since i heard of the stories of battery fell off, i start counter checking that i placed the battery in the right way, i never felt the need to use those battery holders tho i have some rubber band that works as a holder, used it once but really never used it again. I make sure battery is secure before i take off.
So sorry mate for that hope your case will be sorted out well and soon.

You are a wise guy, Sir! Pretty much the only real check that absolutely needs to be done with Spark.
Clip design is somewhat flawed but if one can't pull it out when checking preflight, chances are very low it will come out by itself midflight.
2019-2-7
Use props
djiuser_lwtcC4QY3riZ
lvl.1
United States

Did you read the post...
The battery clicked in place. Both tabs were locked.
I did a vertical takeoff in sport mode .
How is that an improperly installed battery.
Always one of those guys.
2019-2-7
Use props
djiuser_lwtcC4QY3riZ
lvl.1
United States

Very bad engineering....
2019-2-7
Use props
djiuser_lwtcC4QY3riZ
lvl.1
United States

Anyway you sugar coat it should not have happened.
2019-2-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-7 04:37
You are a wise guy, Sir! Pretty much the only real check that absolutely needs to be done with Spark.
Clip design is somewhat flawed but if one can't pull it out when checking preflight, chances are very low it will come out by itself midflight.

very low, probably.
I have the theory, that "pregnant" batteries are the once, popping out!
Since I have some of these (not flying them any longer), but still used them for stationary stuff, I did rub my SN and the wifi password off the sticker. Also I took notice, that the one time a batt got in heavily. (permanent pregnant, I'd say, not just after delivering power)
So sport may be part of this, heavy wind, quick movements, all of that is rising the amps in the batt, heating them up.
I got myself some battery retainers, now, 2 for about 4 US was a nobrainer.
2019-2-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there. Sorry to read about the frustrations and we do apologize for this. I was able to pull up your case using your Forum account. I will call the attention of the team to ask for a re-evaluation and you should receive an email for the results within 2-3 business days. Appreciate your patience. Thank you.
2019-2-7
Use props
Lysak2003
Second Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

If to be honest, it really hard to understend how can battery fall out from its lodgement. It sometimes be quite complicated to remove battery with bare hands  when the weather is frosty.
2019-2-7
Use props
ArnoSpark
lvl.4
Kenya

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-7 04:37
You are a wise guy, Sir! Pretty much the only real check that absolutely needs to be done with Spark.
Clip design is somewhat flawed but if one can't pull it out when checking preflight, chances are very low it will come out by itself midflight.

I Am a scared guy   my initial use of the spark was very ok i just place the battery the way it should go and take off, after coming across the fell off battery in mid flight i got scared and started checking before taking off, however i still dont understand how can a battery fell out by its own, however i heard that the new spark batteries got a long latch to make it hook more secure into the body, never seen them so far since i still have my 4 batteries which i got  from day 1.
2019-2-7
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Ill try to make a video for preventing such a mishap about battery falling out in mid air !
2019-2-8
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

S.J Posted at 2-8 03:48
Ill try to make a video for preventing such a mishap about battery falling out in mid air !

That would be very helpful.
2019-2-8
Use props
ssylca44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

The battery attachment is a poor design, I wouldn't fly the spark without a battery clamp!
2019-2-8
Use props
B10K PlaysGames
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8084846 ft
United States

Every single flight that i do with the spark, i check to make sure the battery is secured in place and the latches aren't bad. (i tug on it lol)
2019-4-3
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

I have read way too many of theses stories so when my spark was about 2 months old, I put a battery clip on just for peace of mine
2019-4-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are older model batteries that the clip that hooks onto the drone is slightly too small that when it starts to wear away from use it has the potential of coming off the drone in quick flight.  They've revised it I think.  There was a post.  It's supposed to fill the entire pushed in plastic area.  I got into DJI droning late March and had a 11/18 mfg drone.  I also bought the portable kit with 2 batteries from DJI so I pretty much have the Latest revisions.  It's bad for all the people who don't keep up to date w/ what they have and don't even know they are imminent need of an "update".  People usually find out about them on the news or in the forums that something bad happened like this post.
2019-4-4
Use props
fansfdd34672
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49652 ft
United States

My spark battery detached from the drone mid flight. TG no one was hurt or any RVs at the park were damaged either. The battery is broken now and the drone appears ok but scuffed up. I am really careful with it and was shocked to see this fault failure. Is this common? What fixed can DJI recommend? I am not going to fly this drone again knowing this may fail again. Please advise.
2019-4-11
Use props
fansfdd34672
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49652 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-7 12:00
Hi there. Sorry to read about the frustrations and we do apologize for this. I was able to pull up your case using your Forum account. I will call the attention of the team to ask for a re-evaluation and you should receive an email for the results within 2-3 business days. Appreciate your patience. Thank you.

My spark battery detached from the drone mid flight. TG no one was hurt or any RVs at the park were damaged either. The battery is broken now and the drone appears ok but scuffed up. I am really careful with it and was shocked to see this fault failure. Is this common? What fixed can DJI recommend? I am not going to fly this drone again knowing this may fail again. Please advise.
2019-4-11
Use props
Droffarc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I have over 30 hours flying 3 different sparks and NEVER have I had a battery fall out/off or detach itself.
In fact I must use a little muscle to undo the latches to get the battery off when changing - and I have 6 batteries.

I can only think that either there was a batch that was a little faulty in the latch area or they were not attached properly.
When attaching a battery I always give it a tug down and backwards to check that it is snug.
2019-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules