1395 16 2019-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyTheGreek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 551831 ft
Greece

Hi to all co-pilots,

I have good news, but also very bad news.
I am planning to travel to maldives at the next month, but the hotel answered to me that drones are not allowed,
has anyone has expirience from maldives???
Should i risk it?
or leave my spark at greece?
Thanks in advance!

2019-2-7
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

i would not risk it.
enjoy your holiday!
2019-2-7
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

Look here for Maldive's drone rules.

I'd say, forget it, leave it at home this time. Its too bad since there are some very nice aerial shot to take....

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wouldn't chance it.
2019-2-7
Use props
manolism
Second Officer
Flight distance : 53035 ft
Greece

DON'T RISK IT!!!!
On December 2018 i was to Marocco for holidays but i didn't know that drones prohibited, the result was to lose my spark....police took it....i contact with the Hellenic embassy at Marocco but unfortunatly my litle spark left at Marroco, so my friend go to Maldives without your spark.
2019-2-7
Use props
TonyTheGreek
lvl.4
Greece

i am ready to cry!!!1
ahhahahah
yes i will leave my dog and my spark together! here at greece!
2019-2-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation in regards to this query. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

TonyTheGreek Posted at 2-7 07:47
i am ready to cry!!!1
ahhahahah
yes i will leave my dog and my spark together! here at greece!

Didn't know dogs are also banned in Maldives.... every day learning something new.
2019-2-7
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-7 11:34
Didn't know dogs are also banned in Maldives.... every day learning something new.

Oh, it's really hard issue to take pets to abroad. It demands all kind of vaccination, passpartisation and other stuff. If one count, it's simply buy a new dog at final destination rather then bring a firmer one.
2019-2-7
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Good thing you asked first would be bad if you come back without it.
2019-2-7
Use props
TonyTheGreek
lvl.4
Greece

eYeSkYeYe Posted at 2-7 11:34

they are not banned , but there are so many paperwork to do to take it, and also its a 11 hours trip from greece! its a too big trip for a puppy. i am lucky my cousin has one also so she can keep mine or the days i am away!
2019-2-7
Use props
TonyTheGreek
lvl.4
Greece

darkfull1 Posted at 2-7 17:15
Good thing you asked first would be bad if you come back without it.

yes for my luck i asked! thank you all!!!!
2019-2-7
Use props
TonyTheGreek
lvl.4
Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 2-7 10:21
Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. We're hoping that you could get the best recommendation in regards to this query. Thank you for continued support.

and i am sorry! we are supossed bought our drones to take some videos and photos from the places we visit, but the law has other opinion about this.
Thanks god there is always gopro which is not banned, as the time we speak, but also can't fly!!!!
2019-2-7
Use props
manolism
Second Officer
Flight distance : 53035 ft
Greece

TonyTheGreek Posted at 2-7 23:12
we are supossed bought our drones to take some videos and photos from the places we visit, but the law has other opinion about this.

I agree with you!! For the same reason i bought my spark, for taking photos and videos from places i go, otherwise drones are useless. Laws are made from people but in some countries they think that everyone who has drone is a spy....like james bond.........you must be stupid at all to think like that....all over the atmosphere are exist thousand of satellites....you don't use drones to spy military facilities etc.....so you can only laugh when you hear something like that as an excuse because they want to take your drone....it doesn't matter.....i will buy another drone!! It's not easy to buy second drone because the amount of money is big but i don't want some idiot to force me not to do my hobby because with his little mind he think that everyone how owns drones want the disaster of his country.....
2019-2-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TonyTheGreek Posted at 2-7 23:12
and i am sorry! we are supossed bought our drones to take some videos and photos from the places we visit, but the law has other opinion about this.
Thanks god there is always gopro which is not banned, as the time we speak, but also can't fly!!!!

Hi, thanks for the update. We're sorry to know that you hadn't a chance to use the drone while you were on vacation. Hope that you could use your drones for taking amazing photos and videos on your next vacation. You may please always have a safe. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-10
Use props
TonyTheGreek
lvl.4
Greece

DJI Tony Posted at 2-10 09:38
Hi, thanks for the update. We're sorry to know that you hadn't a chance to use the drone while you were on vacation. Hope that you could use your drones for taking amazing photos and videos on your next vacation. You may please always have a safe. Thank you for continued support.

its a pitty to have to read in every country the drone laws, but in the other hand, its the amount of money you need to buy an other drone if police take it from you and all the trouble you have to get in in a foreign country, which is difficult to talk to local people and understand everything. The idea when you going for vacation is to relax, enjoy the sea and take some photos to have memmories printed on a paper.
As manolism sead we are not spys, but the police dont know us, so the are thinking that we maybe are.
Have safe hours of fly and keep smiling!
Love from Greece!
2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

TonyTheGreek Posted at 2-11 01:21
its a pitty to have to read in every country the drone laws, but in the other hand, its the amount of money you need to buy an other drone if police take it from you and all the trouble you have to get in in a foreign country, which is difficult to talk to local people and understand everything. The idea when you going for vacation is to relax, enjoy the sea and take some photos to have memmories printed on a paper.
As manolism sead we are not spys, but the police dont know us, so the are thinking that we maybe are.
Have safe hours of fly and keep smiling!

Hi, we're sorry to know that. We would recommend abiding by those local policies when in terms of flying the drones to have a peaceful flight. Thank you for sharing your concerns here.
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules