1212 8 2019-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

I did'nt really need to purchase these but at the price ... well, I did anyway

As I am planning to use the drone for some applications where I could potentially fly in close proximity to objects they could come in handy one day ... .

I have no comparison to other, similar guards such as the ones from DJI but in pictures these look somehow sturdier without the middle hinge of the DJI item.

The good; They really are sturdy and I have no doubt they would survive an impact of considerable force. Not just that but the rings still have a little flex to potentially absorb a little of the bump rather than transmitting it fully to the craft ... not bad. - Fit is rock solid and the little plastic hinges seem reasonably made. No complaint there after 3 uses.

The (not so) good; It takes a while to put them on and whilst not hard, can be a little challenging. There are no rubber protectors fitted (though there is a small 4cm strip of rubber tape enclosed without any instructions on where to attach it). Fit is solid, too solid? - It takes a bit of effort to attach them and although I never worried about the crafts LED's or arms, I was careful to not apply force to the arm itself. -  There are also some small white 'stress marks' on a couple of plastic bits. I had a close look/play and I don't think it will get either worse or has implications if future use but I will keep an eye on it and report back if anything changes.
Use in very strong winds is affected by the guards to some small extend. That is unfortunately unavoidable and it is probably wiser not to fly in those conditions in any case.

They are also a bit cumbersome to constantly take with you. I can just pack them in the foldable section of my Polar Pro case but its easier to just sling them along in the bag they come in. The guards weigh very little.
The guards will protect the props from damage from solid objects front/back and sides. They also offer protection from below, when descending but the props are exposed above when ascending. I don't think that's unusual and I can't imagine that other, similar products differ in that respect. - The guards also offer little protection from thin tree branches.

Is it worth spending more? - I don't know, perhaps if you use them all the time but for occasional use, I would recommend these.

I am not affiliated with any products I write about but have removed the link. If you need information please email me. Thanks

20190207_125110_32075118337_o.jpg 20190207_125103_46102578255_o.jpg 20190207_124349_40051860363_o.jpg 20190207_124337_33141051488_o.jpg

2019-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, we really appreciate you for sharing your review and useful accessories for the Aircraft. Cheers!
2019-2-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Seems like a safe addition, although I never bothered adding them on my MP
2019-2-7
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Potentially useful for commercial users working in confined spaces and/or people.

I also flew briefly yesterday in very strong winds. At one stage the drone drifted close to an outbuilding. Should have had these on
2019-2-8
Use props
poetoe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3181066 ft
Switzerland

I purchased the DJI ones.  I agree they also are not that easy to put on but I have to admit that the drone looks kind of cool with them on.  i just did 1 flight with them on and what i noticed is that the M2 immediately recognizes that it has prop guards on, a respective message pops up in the DJI GO4 app, but what i also noticed is that it reduces the maximum speed, even in P mode it does not reach the max. speed, it looks like the speed is reduced, even in Sports mode the same lower speed is applied.

anyone with same experience?
2019-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Whats your "remove before use" red strip?  I need something like that to remind me to take the gimbal cover off too.
2019-2-8
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi DAFlys

I did post a while ago that I cut a strip of bright fabric and attached it to the cover for the reason you stated.

Someone then replied that you can buy these no fly straps off eBay which is where this one came from.

I am not affiliated with any products I write about but have removed the link. If you need information please email me. Thanks

Its easy to forget to take the thing off before powering up ...

2019-2-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

*DM* Posted at 2-8 05:38
Hi DAFlys

I did post a while ago that I cut a strip of bright fabric and attached it to the cover for the reason you stated.

How did you attach it to the cover?
2019-2-8
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 2-8 05:51
How did you attach it to the cover?

Just some electrical tape. Cheers
2019-2-8
Use props