Android usb-c connection options
7885 8 2019-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

Hey, i used to go with iPhone with the drone, now switched to android.. when I plug in the remote I'm prompt 3 options, transfer data, transfer photos, charge only or cancel..or something like this don't quit remember the options. Anyways I choose transfer data and it's comes back every second or so. Like the option don't work. So I hit cancel. Still everything works but I'm just wondering what you guys do and how your android device works
2019-2-7
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, with the latest Android versions, developer options must be enabled to expose the default usb transfer option settings. (The GO/GO4 app also requires that dev options be turned on so that usb debugging can be enabled.) Once enabled, Dev Options is at the bottom of your mobile device settings menu. Page down the dev options settings and you can set the default usb transfer setting (depending on your mobile device this shooooooould no longer prompt you)... See this thead if you need to know how to enable Dev Options..

Screenshot_20190207-143148_Settings.jpg

2019-2-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Captain Daroga is correct about this. And this may depend as well on what mobile device you are using. Best regards!
2019-2-7
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

Daroga Posted at 2-7 11:39
Unfortunately, with the latest Android versions, developer options must be enabled to expose the default usb transfer option settings. (The GO/GO4 app also requires that dev options be turned on so that usb debugging can be enabled.) Once enabled, Dev Options is at the bottom of your mobile device settings menu. Page down the dev options settings and you can set the default usb transfer setting (depending on your mobile device this shooooooould no longer prompt you)... See this thead if you need to know how to enable Dev Options..

[Image]

Alright thanks for the info I will try this out, you chose transfer media?
2019-2-7
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicoricosancho Posted at 2-7 14:31
Alright thanks for the info I will try this out, you chose transfer media?

Don't know that it really matters to the GO4 app since it has usb debugging enabled and can probably do what it wants, but MTP works for me - allows GO4 to read/write video/photos to device....
2019-2-7
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

Daroga Posted at 2-7 19:57
Don't know that it really matters to the GO4 app since it has usb debugging enabled and can probably do what it wants, but MTP works for me - allows GO4 to read/write video/photos to device....

Just tried to put developping mode , then set to transfer media, but still promps me every time to choose an option, have you got to turn off developping mode for it to work? Or is there another option to turn on?
2019-2-7
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicoricosancho Posted at 2-7 20:50
Just tried to put developping mode , then set to transfer media, but still promps me every time to choose an option, have you got to turn off developping mode for it to work? Or is there another option to turn on?

Unlike Apple, who controls everything iPad/iPhone/iEverything, Android device behaviors depend greatly on OS version; vendor implementations; and some security and notification settings. The above works for my Samsung Note8 on Android 8.0.0 (not rooted) with either Dev Options on and off. What mobile device and OS version are you using?
2019-2-8
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

Daroga Posted at 2-8 06:56
Unlike Apple, who controls everything iPad/iPhone/iEverything, Android device behaviors depend greatly on OS version; vendor implementations; and some security and notification settings. The above works for my Samsung Note8 on Android 8.0.0 (not rooted) with either Dev Options on and off. What mobile device and OS version are you using?

Oh right ok I'm on Android 9 and Huawei p20pro
2019-2-8
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicoricosancho Posted at 2-8 07:48
Oh right ok I'm on Android 9 and Huawei p20pro

You might check with any Huawei forums and see if they have suggestions.....
2019-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules