Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi Disconnect Camera Angle
1431 12 2019-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bluehook
First Officer
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

I'm still pretty new to Litchi -- what's the trick to get the camera angle to look at my POI once disconnected from the RC?

The camera just keeps looking at the horizon instead what I set it to  look?   I realize that it's holding the last angle when it disconnected  from the RC but I thought someone had a fix for this?

2019-2-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know if you encounter a problem with this application. Hope that you could get the best recommendation in regards to this third-party application. May you please always have a safe flight. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-7
Use props
Bluehook
First Officer
United States

2019-2-7
Use props
Bluehook
First Officer
United States

Can anyone help?

2019-2-12
Use props
MavSpa_user
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

did you have set the settings correct? and when tap poi on your map the right height of the subject?
settings/aircraft/gimbal mode YAW
gimbal extension+30 on
there is a help in the app, under general settings
good luck
2019-2-12
Use props
Bluehook
First Officer
United States

MavSpa_user Posted at 2-12 07:28
did you have set the settings correct? and when tap poi on your map the right height of the subject?
settings/aircraft/gimbal mode YAW
gimbal extension+30 on

Thank you, sir!  POI height is always 3 feet.  I have even tried to make it a negative in attempt to get the camera to angle down more, but it didn't work.

I made those YAW and Gimbal Extension adjustments and will attempt tomorrow.  Weather here is no good today.

I sure hope this works.  Much appreciated,

2019-2-12
Use props
Edward Smith's Replacement
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837444 ft
United States

From what I understand the gimbal angle only works as long as you have signal with the drone once you lose signal the gimble pitch will no longer work till you regain signal.
2019-2-12
Use props
MavSpa_user
Captain
Netherlands

gimbal still works, but if you fly outside range and you had set gimbal mode to manual(disabled) you cannot adjust gimbal.

2019-2-12
Use props
Bluehook
First Officer
United States

MavSpa_user Posted at 2-12 23:05
gimbal still works, but if you fly outside range and you had set gimbal mode to manual(disabled) you cannot adjust gimbal.

https://youtu.be/sZm1H_i9n0Y

I'm not sure that you're understanding this discussion.

And while that video is awesome, it has nothing to do with this topic.  But I appreciate your input regardless.  

Thanks.

2019-2-14
Use props
MavSpa_user
Captain
Netherlands

Well I have no problems with it, we are talking about waypoints here to fly outside RC range? my camera stays on focus even outside range of RC, the video shows that Litchi fly his mission without RC control and that it underways focus on poi's.
There is no trick to adjust angle without RC connection.
2019-2-15
Use props
Bluehook
First Officer
United States

MavSpa_user Posted at 2-15 03:36
Well I have no problems with it, we are talking about waypoints here to fly outside RC range? my camera stays on focus even outside range of RC, the video shows that Litchi fly his mission without RC control and that it underways focus on poi's.
There is no trick to adjust angle without RC connection.

Your video does indeed show changes in the up/down camera angle during a Litchi mission -- however, it doesn't appear that the users RC ever lost contact with the drone.  As a matter of fact, it's apparent that it did NOT lose contact because Litchi gets it's camera angle info from the RC.

I have learned this recently because I have asked the experts.  There is no way around it.

Thanks tho for your input.

2019-2-15
Use props
MavSpa_user
Captain
Netherlands

Nope camera angle is uploaded to the bird inside the mission. No RC needed!!!
2019-2-15
Use props
Bluehook
First Officer
United States

MavSpa_user Posted at 2-15 07:41
Nope camera angle is uploaded to the bird inside the mission. No RC needed!!!

From what I have learned through my arduous questioning of the resident experts, that statement is categorically NOT the case.  My experience with Litchi confirms that as well.

Can you link me to verification for your claim?  And what I can do to have my drone carryout the pre-programmed camera angles while disconnected from the RC during a Litchi mission?

Thanks!
2019-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules