Lost signal with HDR pic?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tim
lvl.1

United States

Have been routinely taking the multi bracket pics. For the first tiime tried HDR picture. Every time after pressing the shutter button, red lost signal warning for ~5 seconds. Initially happened while at 1000 feet distance. After immediately jetting home, same lost signal after HDR pic shutter while directly overhead. Same Lost signal after HDR pic shutter while sitting on the ground 5 feet away.

Anyone observe this? Something to do with the processing of the HDR image?

P3A with iPad Air (1st gen)

2015-6-5
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

have you got hardware decoding enabled in the Pilot App?

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-7
Use props
tim
lvl.1

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-8 05:14
have you got hardware decoding enabled in the Pilot App?

Tested again. Hardware decoding NOT enabled, same lost signal. Hardware decoding enabled, same lost signal.

I also tested with my iPhone 6. Same lost signal during HDR picture. Not unexpected assuming issue is in the P3.

I obviously can live without taking HDR pics. But is this a symptom of another issue with my P3?

Anyone else take a HDR pic and see if you lose signal while its processing the image?
2015-6-7
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I'm pretty sure all the P3s do this (lose video a short while after taking HDR photo).  Not really a problem, for me.  You really cannot get any good photos with HDR AND while moving.  To get good HDR, you need to hold the craft stationary.  When doing this, you just need to wait a few seconds for the HDR process and then video feed returns.
2015-6-7
Use props
tim
lvl.1

United States

mswall@mac.com Posted at 2015-6-8 13:23
I'm pretty sure all the P3s do this (lose video a short while after taking HDR photo).  Not really a ...

Can someone try a HDR picture to verify this is with more than my P3 next time flying? Just want to confirm its seen in someone else's P3  to make sure not a issue with only my P3A.

Thanks.
2015-6-8
Use props
Pilot4Delta
lvl.1

United States

tim@the-bakery. Posted at 2015-6-8 19:20
Can someone try a HDR picture to verify this is with more than my P3 next time flying? Just want t ...

Mine does the same
2015-6-8
Use props
rune.landa.gjer
lvl.1

Norway

Same symptoms apear when taking pictures with long shutter time. loss of signal then it returns.
2015-6-8
Use props
viktor_kzn
lvl.1

Russia

tim@the-bakery. Posted at 2015-6-8 19:20
Can someone try a HDR picture to verify this is with more than my P3 next time flying? Just want t ...

I have the very same problev with my P3A. No difference hardware decoding is on or off. iPhone 6 using. When the bird is near the signal recovers back. But when it's a little far the signal never come back. For me the only sol is just dont use brecketing and HDR.
2015-8-3
Use props
heybutch1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 526946 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone know if the new Firmware has fixed this one?

This issue has been causing major issues for me since my P3 arrived last week. Had 'no signal' when i was 120m up 1km away totally out of sight.

Will be a while before I trust HDR again.
2015-8-4
Use props
steve.petry.rit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is not a problem
Same symptoms appear when taking pictures with HRD / long shutter time. loss of VIDEO signal then it returns.

2015-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules