Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What's wrong with DJI?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CheckYourSix
lvl.3

United States

I recently posted a question on the Phantom 3 board asking whether or not DJI owners would purchase again from DJI knowing the lack of support. Based on the responses I thought I'd give DJI another fair shot at my business. To try harder to consider purchasing the Phantom 3 again, but WOW. It seems like every thread has somoene complaining about something. Fly aways, response time for returns, lack of parts, product delays, gimbal issues, image quality, firmware updates, app issues, GPS issues, the list goes on and on and on. I'm pretty much sold on NOT getting a Phantom 3.

If DJi ever reads these forums, do yourself a favor and listen to your customers. They have spent hard earned money on their crafts. DJI support is no where to be found on these forums. I feel sorry for anyone who has had a problem. You're basically on your own. And before any of you suggest chatting or calling them, don't even bother. It's a waste of time. I know, I tried.

If I'm wrong - feel free to chime in. I'm not kidding that on virtually every post, someone is complaining about this company. I've never seen a company get away with this lack of support before. Glad I didn't pull the plug. Sorry DJI but unless you start to care more about your customer base, I'll take my money elsewhere.
2015-6-5
Use props
jimcloud74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I have had stellar luck with the product. Of course you will get all the negative! People that are happy comment once at best. It is cutting edge. I haven't had any issues. I fly, film, photograph flawlessly. I recommend the product. If you are safe and can follow instructions, I think you too could own an awesome quadcopter that will give you hours of enjoyment. That's my take.
2015-6-5
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.3

United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-6-6 09:37
I have had stellar luck with the product. Of course you will get all the negative! People that are h ...

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply but I've been to many forums, software, hardware you name it. But I've never seen so many unhappy customers in my life. I'm glad you haven't had any problem but you have to admit, you couldn't swing a dead cat around here without someone complaining about their lack of support. I'm just baffled at how they get away with it. I've also been on many forums where users are constantly sharing their great experiences. So I don't agree that if you're a happy customer, you usually only post once. In my experience it's usually the opposite. DJI doesn't know the meaning of damage control.

I'm 100% serious when I say that I WAS really excited to get a Phantom 3. But with so many users complaining, I can't take the chance of being one of the lucky few like yourself. Thanks for the reply nonetheless.
2015-6-5
Use props
FlyGirl
lvl.4

United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-6-6 09:37
I have had stellar luck with the product. Of course you will get all the negative! People that are h ...

Jim,

We've already figured somewhere about 50%  
Is it half empty? In your case it's half full. GOOD 4 YOU!!

But, you call it cutting edge -
those of us that are of the 'half empty' category will call it  BETA TESTING.

BBB
2015-6-5
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

Errr...  Um... You can complain all you want.  But consider you are getting a $20,000 drone for $1,300.  I can put up with a lot of  "lack of support" for such an amazing product that is 5 years ahead of any other competition.

90% of the complaints are from people who have never owned a drone before and never read the manual.  No a drone is NOT idiot proof.  It's NOT supposed to be idiot proof.  if you don't have time to read a manual or learn how to fly a quad copter you should probably NOT own a drone.

I have ZERO complaints about my Phantom 3 except I wish it had a latency indicator for the video feed.  (The lightbridge video feed that is 10,000% better than any other product on the market right now.)
2015-6-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hey, well, please come back and let us know, what you found in a better setup & situation, and also how well the quad and app or radio work together.
I'm sure many would buy those too. The Phantom has so many rich features, and the forums support the DJI products  more than DJI SEEEMS to.
I think part of the appeal is all the adjustability and varied functionality that can be programmed using the Pilot app. As well the ability to learn how to operate it well.
Have it fly and perform the way you set it up, for your style and comfortability settings.

RedHotPoker
2015-6-5
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.3

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-6-6 09:49
Errr...  Um... You can complain all you want.  But consider you are getting a $20,000 drone for $1,3 ...

Hi Fulgerite -

Thanks for your response but come on "a $20,000" drone for $1,300" that is an exaggeration to the extreme. If I could recommend something to you that would not only help you but also help your fellow DJI enthusiasts...

Raise hell and help your fellow DJI pilots to change the way DJI conducts business. You could easily be one of the many pilots who have years of experience flying drones and be out of luck simply because of nothing you did - a fly away for example. You really need to jump to some of the other forums and read about the problems your fellow (well seasoned) DJI pilots are having. To say most problems are based on people not reading instructions or not following rules is not the case. Not even close. Sure you'll have those who don't read, but go check out the forums yourself. Let me know if you need me to post some links to them for you.

Regardless of which, making a statement that equates to "hey you got a $20k drone for $1.3k why should expect support" is kind of a joke. I don't mean to be disrespectful but I'm sure you wouldn't be singing that tune if you just dropped $2.8k on an Inspire and can get no one from DJI to answer your question or have to wait 3 months for you to get your rig back.

I urge you to help your fellow pilots and ask DJI to change their business practices. If those you who haven't had a problem (like yourself) told DJI to ship up or you'll ship out, not only would you be helping the majority of folks on these forums, but you'll be earning some Karma points to boot.

Remember - there is strength in numbers when you do the talking with your wallet. Help your follow pilots out and back them in agreeing that DJI needs to change the way they do business. Again, I feel fortunate not to have bought one.

The phrase "Sorry for your loss" seems to be a VERY common phrase around here. Do the right thing and help your fellow pilots out be demaning better support. Who knows maybe someday you'll be the one wondering what went wrong.

2015-6-5
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

I could post links two pages long of other Quad drones that have fewer features and cost over $9,000.

For example:
http://www.draganfly.com/uav-helicopter/draganflyer-x4p/   $9,000.  (Not 4K camera.)

https://aeryon.com/aeryon-skyranger  $75,000.  (Not 4K camera)

https://aeryon.com/aeryon-scout   $100,000  (Not 4K camera)

http://www.cybertechuav.com.au/-Overview,85-.html   $20,000.  (Not 4K camera)

I could go on and on and on...

And they all probably have just as many bugs as DJI.

DJI's business practice is to get you the drone with as many features as possible at a price you can afford.  If you want all the hand holding and customer support I suggest you go buy an Aeyron Skyranger for $75,000.  (Except it's camera is only 720P.)

2015-6-5
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-6 09:55
Hey, well, please come back and let us know, what you found in a better setup & situation, and also  ...

Hi RedHotPoker,

We don't know yet, but it seems like 3RD's Solo is going to be a better solution especially if their support matches their drone. We'll all have to just wait and see.

I'm happy you have not had any problems. I really mean that. And by the way, my gripe is not towards any of you. My gripe is with DJI and I'm not even a customer. I just feel sorry for all those who have had problems with no resolution. Thanks for your post.
2015-6-5
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

3RD's Solo uses a GoPro.  GoPro has a fisheye lens.  You loose about 50% of the resolution of that image when you have to "de-fish" it in post production.  GoPro does not let you set manual exposure from the ground.  So it's impossible to correct exposure after takeoff.  How is that "better"?
2015-6-5
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

I will say this...
I haven't received my p3 pro yet so don't know if I will like it or not. But I have owned a LOT of "drones" from $1000 cheapies to my big rig with the 5D DSLR set-up with over $10,000 invested. EVERYTHING HAS ISSUES! It is man made, it flies and relies on radio signals or some other form of broadcast. So there will be fly-aways. There will be user errors and customer service complaints. I see all of these same complaints and have seen some of disasters first hand with some of the highest end aerial equipment out there.
The military grade drones which cost $20000 to $50000 per hour to fly have issues. There have been over 400 of those reported to have crashed, lost transmission communication, flew away, etc in the last 10 years. If you don't like these issues and they are too much for you to handle, maybe it's time to consider finding a new hobby. Because you will never escape this in the UAV world, no matter what you buy or what company you choose.
If you don't believe me, follow a Facebook group dedicated to the ownership of every single rig you can think of.
DJI, so far, has come out on top.
How long do you think Google or Apple took to develop their app stores and run them successfully? DJI is onto something really huge here. Just wait.
2015-6-5
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.3

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-6-6 10:59
I could post links two pages long of other Quad drones that have fewer features and cost over $9,000 ...

Thanks for the links Fulgerite - but I think you're missing the big picture. It doesn't matter if you spend $1k or 100k - if you rig flys away and never to be seen again, due to no action on your part, are you saying that's just part of the risk of flying these machines? That doesn't fly (no pun intended).

Again, if you had a problem, you would want the decency to at least get an explanation. Something other than just silence. DJI doesn't even respond to emails. Someone suggested that they are doing so much business that they are scrambling to just keep up. That right there spells no lack of planning. It's only a matter of time where I think it will come back and bite DJI in the rear. Again, no disrespect to you. My gripe is not with you. It's with DJI for allowing this "to get out of control" (what's up with me and all these puns?) Good luck and I hope you continue to fly safe and never need their support.

2015-6-5
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

CheckYourSix...  As I said... If you want excellent customer support do not buy from a Chinese "budget" manufacturer.  Buy from a European or US manufacturer who understands the level of customer support you are expecting.  DJI does not have time nor motivation to provide customer support.  They are too busy shipping millions of affordable Phantom drones to people who are eagerly buying all the stock they can manufacture.
2015-6-5
Use props
Fulgerite
First Officer

United States

Multi Million Dollar drones crash too:

http://www.nbs.ug/details.php?option=acat&a=968
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ ... crashed-decade.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf ... more-drones-in-u-s/
http://www.independent.co.uk/new ... order-10115124.html
http://www.theguardian.com/world ... -seychelles-airport
2015-6-5
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.4

United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-6-6 11:33
Multi Million Dollar drones crash too:

http://www.nbs.ug/details.php?option=acat&a=968

It's not a $20,000 drone for $1300. My guess is that it's a $900 drone for $1300. This is not knocking it. As in publishing, when they are (or were) printing millions of copies, the price for each unit becomes relatively trivial. Because DJI's unit production volume is HUGE (millions), they can absorb down the cost of each drone. But rest assured that they are making a net profit on each Phantom sold.
2015-6-5
Use props
apocnz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Really, your paying $999 (or $1299) for a $2200-2500 product.  Obviously DJI have done this to undercut any competition.

Unfortunately, DJI being a Chinese company, doesn't have the same culture of customer service orientation as many western countries might do.
That being said and considered, their actually doing a great job. Anyone here brought from Walkera and experienced their product quality and customer service?

If you know full well what the deal is when it comes to things like customer service, marketing and product release practices and you still buy a companies product
(just because you want the latest gadget out) then you have to accept it as part and parcel.

Would they make more money and further increase their brand value with improved customer service? Sure.. and I'm confident they will in the future (I'm pretty sure they have in the last 2-3 years).

For now I just give them a thumbs up for revolutionizing the drone tech in 2-3 years, I can't imagine what they'll be coming up with in another 3
2015-6-5
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.4

United States

apocnz@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-6 12:11
Really, your paying $999 (or $1299) for a $2200-2500 product.  Obviously DJI have done this to under ...

"Really, your paying $999 (or $1299) for a $2200-2500 product.  Obviously DJI have done this to undercut any competition."

Lol. It's doing it to make a profit, which is what all companies do.
2015-6-5
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

Give it time. Samsung, Canon, Hitachi, Kubota, etc are all foreign manufacturers who made it to the top of the industry in their respective fields. I don't even have my phantom yet and expect a long wait before my order ships. Just hope it's not more than a month.
My point is, they are at the top of an extremely new industry if you think about where most of our engineering and R&D have been focused in the world. Cars, cellphones, IT, etc. Now drones have come to a very flooded technology market. Every company has these same problems. Buy a blade. Horizon Hobby' customer service is awesome. Their 350 quads suck. You'll get it replaced if it flies away or breaks due to no fault of your own... or even if it is your fault. But it will be replaced with another piece of crap. Buy an Align. You'll never get it right. Buy a walkera. Enough said. Haha. How about an AD1? American made with awesome engineering. Twice as much as the phantom and you still have to buy the radio and camera. They fly away. A lot. Bad. Tarot has the same tuning issues. They ALL have issues. It's a new industry and everybody is scrambling to make a solid leap for the lead, catch their bearings with a solid hold on the market so they can get just enough breathing room to really regroup from the huge and instant demand. Any one of you who don't see it that way, let's say that for some reason your entire city wanted a handful of the grass in your yard and would pay you $200 per handful. You'd sell the hell out of it. And just replant the grass. Well the demand gets bigger and bigger as your supply quickly dwindles and you are doing everything to just try to keep up with replanting and watering. Now you have huge demand and now people start complaining that their grass is not what they expected it to be or wanted. But your grass is running out. Oh you also have to make pots for people's grass and mail grass and store grass and so on. Eventually you'll get into the flow and you'll develop a system. Give it time. If you don't like it this isn't the hobby for you. I am far from a noob. But give it time
2015-6-5
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.4

United States

Rsheehan79 Posted at 2015-6-6 12:39
Give it time. Samsung, Canon, Hitachi, Kubota, etc are all foreign manufacturers who made it to the  ...

I agree with some of that Rsheehan, but at the same time I don't think that their management has anticipated or handled the scaling well, and now they are desperately trying to catch up.
2015-6-5
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I've had good luck with dji products too for the most part..  But a company can fall just as fast as they grew..  If the owners of dji are smart they will do what they have too..  Right now dji has no competition and that's the biggest issue.. Once they get some though dji may see they have a unrecoverable problem on their hands. Especially with companies like 3dr giving fly away warranties..  I've seen dji try to get better about things over the years though and I notice they are trying to improve their support..  Products are coming with 24-7 tech support now , their user manuals are improving but I think they still have a limit on how much help they have...   Once I figured out what each setting and feature is and does I haven't really had any issues.. No fly always, crashes, or serious malfunctions..  My h3-3d gimble is dropping my go pro once and awhile but I think it's because the motors can't handle the Air Force from the props on my F550 or its set to hibernate to easily..  And to avoid sending my gimble in I just had to download and install a team viewer program on my computer and connect my gimble and give dji tech remote access to my laptop and they did everything they had to go remotely and telling me what I needed to physically do since they didn't have the gimble and we accomplished doing in my house what I would have needed to send it in for..  So that made me happy..

I've got a few hundred flights on my flame wheels, F450 and F550 both with naza-m v2 and the E300 propulsion system with no issues..  Never even broke a prop..  I had some lightbridge issues but those were do to a crappy manual not explaining what the difference was between the flap panel and wire antennas for the air module part of lightbridge ...  Personally I can't believe the kinds of issues people in this forum are having because I've had good luck with everything dji I've purchased..

Customers are like women,they will stick around and deal with the bull crap until something better comes atom and then they are lost and can't be gotten back..  Hopefully someone had dji realizes this and starts taking care of everyone better...  

I'm done rambling now, lol. My only real complaint with dji so far is the lack of a good owners manual...  I like to read the manuals for things I own soil now everything thre is to know about my investments....  And dji manuals explain the basics but not each setting or feature in detail and some things aren't  even explained at all..  Like holding the shutter button in camera mode in the pilot app to access HDR and color settings, Burt shots mode and stuff..  That is one example.....
2015-6-5
Use props
flyingduck88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

LOL! I think some of you guys need to google communism……Might help give ya better understanding of what you’re dealing with?
2015-6-5
Use props
Daninho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Errr...  Um... You can complain all you want.  But consider you are getting a $20,000 drone for $1,3 ...

many of the Phantom3 ownders have gimbal issues AKA jello effect in their videos. this has nothing to do with reading the manual or not. I bought the Phantom1 in 2013 and the Phantom2 in 2014, now the Phantom3.

I can only guess that 40% have the jello effect during flight which is not caused because of vibrations its even visible without starting the motors, its a gimbal defect if you so will. The only luck for DJi is that many ppl probably dont care because they wana use it a toy and not for filming or they have tiny computer screens or TVs, in this case you wont see the problem good enough.
2015-6-6
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

CheckYourSix Posted at 2015-6-6 09:42
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply but I've been to many forums, software, hardware you name it. But I'v ...

CHECKYOURSIX wrote: "But I've never seen so many unhappy customers in my life"

That could easily be modified to "But I've never seen so many customers in my life."

The P3P is my first Phantom product. From what I've gleaned here and in other forums/venues, DJI is not necessarily notorious for their customer service attitude/policies, but I get the impression this is not particularly new to a lot of previous Phantom owners.

Regardless of company policy, attitude, etc., the sales of the P3 are very likely incredibly unprecedented - are you old enough to remember when the Mustang first appeared? I think, along with whatever other, normal, problems DJI had, they have been overwhelmed with the demand for the Phantom 3. I would say that whoever did their product forecasting (somebody in the marketing department?) dropped the ball.

I'm trying my best to be patient. I figure if things don't settle down within about three more months, then I'll probably sell mine and back-step somewhat toward another product. I think the market is really going to heat up.
2015-6-6
Use props
P3PO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

I will go on the record here, I Have No Complaints. I am on my 3rd DJI Bird and all have been flawless and flown by the book. Quality is top shelf compared to other wannabes. Been in the RC hobby for over 35 years and have flown and drove just about everything that has a remote and I am having a blast with these Quads.

DJI PV2+, Flamewheel F550, P3P
2015-6-6
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

I wonder what would cause jello when the quad isn't running. Is your gimbal vibrating? LIke as if the D gain is set too high or the gimbal is unbalanced? Is there a way to adjust PIDs in the gimbal on these?
2015-6-6
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

These threads are funny!
Many people have already given you the answer......that for every person who even joins or posts at a forum, there are many thousand who do not.

People who post at forums often do so because they have problems!

Now, the second part of that equation is whether the particular problems are factory defects or customer defects. I've been watching multirotor forums for a number of years and would say that the majority are customer defects. Not to say that the Phantoms are or were perfect, but a lot of people seem to have patience or anger issues and when something goes wrong, they always assume it is DJI  (or any vendors') fault.

I've bought 4 Phantoms and they all work.......had one for 18 months.

And so the usual advice applies. Buy one or don't buy one. Please don't clog up the whole interweb regarding the importance of, or inaccurate polling of, whether or not you are "going to give DJI another chance".  We don't care and they don't care.

I thought these were customer forums so we could help each other? Silly me.

And so to the OP who asked us all to chime in......yeah, it seems maybe you are not ready for this hobby because there is no product, service or forum that is going to satisfy you.

That's fairly simple. Again, buy or don't buy but when you post these silly threads, first think this way "what if everyone posted like I did?". That's called the Golden Rule. It would be one thing if there were no other posts ever like yours and it was a new idea. But it's not. Most all of us have seen dozens of them and they are clogging up the good posts.
2015-6-6
Use props
Rsheehan79
lvl.1

United States

lightpanther Posted at 2015-6-6 12:47
I agree with some of that Rsheehan, but at the same time I don't think that their management has an ...

Oh I fully agree. The whole drone world took everybody by storm. DJIS developers are coming out with new technology that increases the demand even more. And they are scrambling to keep up. I am guessing there are some elements in the company deemed not critical at the moment such as customer service. Right now they are trying to keep up with R+D and demand and energy is focused just on trying to keep things moving. Resources and manpower are concentrated on just that. In time, things will slow down and they will start beefing up different aspects of their company. I guarantee it. They have already added live tech support. That used to be completely unheard of
2015-6-6
Use props
jameswlong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 668100 ft
United States

To be fair to DJI they do seem to be scrambling to keep up with the demand. I personally find that pinging them through twitter tends to get you a response quicker than by email etc.

I am neither an apologist for DJI nor do i think they are shysters and rip off merchants. They provide a pretty damn good product that has some flaws (like any new product) and a pretty bad customer service experience on the whole IF you need to contact them

Also, working with chinese manufacturers all day every day @Fulgerite i can honestly say you are dead wrong. There are many 'budget' manufacturers out there from china and surrounding areas who churn out volumes of things just like dji do with the phantom and still provide better customer service and that's for a $50 module or gadget not a $1k drone....Its a corporate culture thing and corporate culture can be changed and to be honest if DJI want the great long term future they deserve it need to build on the positive steps they have made such as live support. Because getting a customer is more 'expensive' [time / effort etc not just money] than retaining an existing one.

Fly safe
2015-6-6
Use props
Oliver
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Phantoms are complex machines. There is a lot that can go wrong, so of course you will see people complaining of all sorts of issues. As such, I'm honestly surprised there are as few threads as there are. Personally, mine has been almost flawless. I fly conservatively and safely, but I think the vast majority of people who crash it on the first time and blame the product might actually be blaming the wrong thing. That might be an unfair judgement, as I'm sure there are a few unlucky ones who fly safe and have it fly away on their first flight, but that is a tiny tiny minority, if it exists at all.

I trained for hours on cheap quadcopters before even considering buying a Phantom. When I was seriously considering buying one, I trained in simulators, researched the laws in detail, recommendations, YouTube videos, all sorts. It's not just an investment of money, but of time too. If you neglect to invest time in learning and patience, then you can expect frustrations and problems. That also applies to dealing with DJI. We know DJI support is shoddy, so buy from a dealer. That's the key thing. The rest is patience
2015-6-6
Use props
lightpanther
lvl.4

United States

Rsheehan79 Posted at 2015-6-6 23:13
Oh I fully agree. The whole drone world took everybody by storm. DJIS developers are coming out wi ...

That's exactly right.

But it's a risky time, because another company with market smarts could rush into the gaps and perform better in ways that lead to brand switching. At the moment, the reason DJI are doing so well is because they simply stole a march on the actual product idea (drone + ready to fly + decent camera). However, that early advantage (or more) could rapidly be reabsorbed by competitors, especially big names entering the market.
2015-6-6
Use props
gregg1r
First Officer

United States

lightpanther Posted at 2015-6-7 02:29
That's exactly right.

But it's a risky time, because another company with market smarts could rush ...

Yep.
A lot of companies are doing R&D on multi-engine flying contraptions. They understand the turn-key operation. Most of the new to the game folks are doing crowd sourcing fund raising.

Within the next 6 months there will be serious challengers to the DJI dominance to the business. I remember when Honda was a rust bucket piece of junk. Now they dominate the market with features and quality.

3D Robotics is due out within the next month or so, Folks running the operation there worked at DJI and are watching with baited breath to take market share. We'll see how well they perform, but provided they don't have teething problems, there will be serious challenge.

We live in a instant gratification world. We want it NOW. Provided you give prospective customers realistic delivery dates and then meet them with a trouble free product, word travels fast. Promise the world and don't perform, your name will be drug thru the mud.

The old fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me applied here.

DJI claims delivery 5-7 day dates for orders placed with them. Who wants to place a small bet that those dates aren't being met?
2015-6-10
Use props
mswall
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

You've all missed the elephant in the room:  it's not IF but WHEN.....   You all know, that the drone thing is growing exponentially worldwide.  It's only a matter of time til someone, somewhere loses their life in a drone-related incident.  NOT talking about freeking nitro-stunt copter crap.  I'm talking about a Phantom or other landing on a road or hitting a car or motorcyclist.  Don't get me wrong, I love the P3 and want to continue flying/filming all I can.  But it's coming....
2015-6-10
Use props
hahn1974
lvl.1
Flight distance : 662779 ft
United States

I would agree.. This is no toy and should not be for the first time drone pilot.. Reading directions, watching howto's and thinking before shoving firmware down its throat without doing the necessary research is BAD IDEA. Well, most of us know that.  I have had some issues with firmware updating but this is a normal thing when you deal with high end electronics..When it is halfassed and rushed into the air IT WILL FLY AWAY OR CRASH!  I take a whole day when updating software/Firmware just because of the lack of support.. Look, we will always have haters but you MUST consider what Fulgerite posted:  Patience is a Must when maintaining your Phantom.  I would buy another any day. It is a good platform  
2016-3-21
Use props
Mike_fnq
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-3-21
Use props
jimcloud74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

My P3 is still flying strong. I haven't been on in a while. Sorry guys. Oh, and looks like 3DR was a joke. Funny!
2016-7-7
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1557398 ft

Oliver Posted at 2015-6-7 00:25
Phantoms are complex machines. There is a lot that can go wrong, so of course you will see people co ...

You are on point. Besides, who you gonna call? All the reasonably priced drones are made in China. Their service sucks though there have been some good stories from DJI. My experiences with other drone manufacturers has made the complaints about DJI relatively mild. How about releasing new firmware, having hundreds of posts of serious problems and crashes, pulling the firmware a week later and telling everyone that it was their fault, there was nothing wrong with the firmware but offering no explanation for pulling it.

I have had other drones and did a lot of research before going to the Phantom. I hoped for better service, but I could not hope for a better drone. I just prayed after ordering it that I did not get a lemon. So far, so good. Every other manufacturer has no better and mostly a worse controller with less feel. My iPad is a far better screen size and resolution wise for FPV. No other manufacturer uses Lightbridge and cannot give you the distance. They all use 5.8 ghz for video and it can't compare.

If I have a problem with service I am sure I will be on this forum cursing DJI's name and hoping Ken will intervene.

Based on my experiences with drones and the problems that can pop up, I will be glad if I get 6 months or better and I have a budget for replacement. Hopefully, it will last a lot longer if it is well made and I don't do anything crazy.
2016-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules