1022 28 2019-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_5GFSiTOMmcIM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

Hello,

1st time poster last night around 1830 AEST time my UAV shutdown and fell from the sky and is now lost.

The facts i know so far:

1. It was daytime
2. I was flying at the time 201 Meters ASL
3. Sports mode was enabled
4. I was on my second battery for the evening.
5. Here is my flight log https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/OHXJLB55KTQ9K0PV5QEN/

What the hell happen..

2019-2-7
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Seems like your Spark died suddenly with no warnings. Perhaps it ran into something (no obstacle avoidance in Sports mode),  or the battery fell out.
Hopefully one of the forums experts can shine more light on your problem.  
2019-2-7
Use props
djiuser_5GFSiTOMmcIM
lvl.4
Australia

nothing to fky into at 200 meters
2019-2-7
Use props
lynnmor
lvl.2
United States

Since it should be nearby, is it indeed "lost" or did you mean it is broken?
2019-2-7
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

Sorry for your loss. I'd have a closer look to the trees nearby, it could just hang out there...
It really looks like the battery fell out.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-8
Use props
Adriano Araujo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 731565 ft
Brazil

Loose battery??
2019-2-8
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Did you see the drone when it fell? Bird strike? Battery popping off? Have you recovered it?
2019-2-8
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

this seems to be a closed case with the battery falling off. There can be no other explanation.
Is it possible that DJI provide warranty if the battery is found ?
2019-2-8
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

i ll try to make a short video here for preventing a battery fall out again.
2019-2-8
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

I have look at the log , you went from 0 altitude to 543 ft in less than 60 sec thats a hard climb, then just before the end of your flight you where full forward on both stick , in sport mode its full speed and a hard climb , then you came to an abrupt stop, my guess is g force of you abrupt stop popped out you battery. my guess is you can find your drone near the two smaller building shown on the map
2019-2-8
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

How carefully did you look here? Even if it's battery rejecting, drone can't fly any farther.
Screenshot_20190208-141006.jpg
2019-2-8
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Barbados

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-8 04:16
How carefully did you look here? Even if it's battery rejecting, drone can't fly any farther.

it could even have landed on the roof and slid to where the guttering is
2019-2-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dropped here.....(well, just my guess)
cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Spark. Since this unfortunate event happened. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for us to help you further with this matter. Thank you.

2019-2-8
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

At that height, with that speed, it could have traveled further then you think, just like you throw a stone...look past the two smaller buildings
2019-2-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Joller79 DK Posted at 2-8 08:04
At that height, with that speed, it could have traveled further then you think, just like you throw a stone...look past the two smaller buildings

did 8.8 m/s, if batt dropped out Spark gets the aerodynamics like a brick....don`t think it will keep its fwd speed for long.

If this SPARK and/or battery is found i hope that the OP will tell where it was found.

cheers
JJB
2019-2-8
Use props
Proteous
lvl.4
Barbados

im eager to see the outcome off this case
2019-2-8
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

UPDATE:

The issue happen within the 14 days of purchase: I took the whole kit (fly more) less the drone back to place of purchase and I was issued a full refund. I really wasn't interested in using my Refresh for a issue like this.

very happy with the place i got it from - So happy i brought a DJI Mavic 2 PRO from them.

The drone I assume is stuck in one of the many trees (30 meters + in our yard).. Even if we found it - it would not be safe to attempt to get down.

Overall review of the SPARK.
The DJI Spark is a AMAZING Drone - that has some real bang for buck. Its great for inside use and playing around.. It has awesome range outside in the country and never had a issue with it using with 2km range.

However - because the battery can randomly fall out (pretty sure that what happen) I can not recommend such a good drone.

I hope with the SPARK 2 - they move the battery to the roof like they do with the Mavic 2
2019-2-12
Use props
Jstclair360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11394 ft
United States

Renames Posted at 2-12 18:38
UPDATE:

The issue happen within the 14 days of purchase: I took the whole kit (fly more) less the drone back to place of purchase and I was issued a full refund. I really wasn't interested in using my Refresh for a issue like this.

How did you return it with out the actual drone? I thought about doing the same thing because mine flew away.
2019-2-12
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

Jstclair360 Posted at 2-12 19:19
How did you return it with out the actual drone? I thought about doing the same thing because mine flew away.

I was just honest

Showed them the flight log. How it’s just turned off

Australia have some pretty tight laws for retailers for goods that fail with in 14 days.
2019-2-13
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Renames Posted at 2-13 02:42
I was just honest

Showed them the flight log. How it’s just turned off

your so lucky dude. mine was a 'fly away' 3 days ago now. i called the big retailer in the UK from where i purhased it and they told me to contact DJI....who are now analysing my flight record, hopefully they see this wasnt my fault and replace my drone free of charge.
2019-2-13
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

It seems not only did i get a full refund they replaced the spark for me also.. 10/10 For Good Guys Australia
2019-2-13
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29806 ft
Australia

Renames Posted at 2-13 18:29
It seems not only did i get a full refund they replaced the spark for me also.. 10/10 For Good Guys Australia

Did you know that you where flying close to Millicent Air Port , nearly 600 feet high ?
2019-2-15
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Australia

Renames Posted at 2-13 18:29
It seems not only did i get a full refund they replaced the spark for me also.. 10/10 For Good Guys Australia

Did you know that you where flying close to Millicent Air Port , nearly 600 feet high ?
2019-2-15
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hannes1 Posted at 2-15 00:20

Hi Hannes,

Good catch!
Flight position at SkyVector
The distance to that airfield seems to be just enough (3 nm), but he was definitely too high. Only 120m are allowed in Australia.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-2-15
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Australia

firstly its a unmanned rural airport that i was was clear 3nm from even in the event of a aircraft call it in.. My airband radio was on. With permission its perfectly acceptable to be at 600 ft. You just need to be licenced, equipped with a airband radio and permission from CASA.

So unless you have something to offer in regards to the issue at hand-move along.
2019-2-15
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Australia

Renames Posted at 2-15 02:53
firstly its a unmanned rural airport that i was was clear 3nm from even in the event of a aircraft call it in.. My airband radio was on. With permission its perfectly acceptable to be at 600 ft. You just need to be licenced, equipped with a airband radio and permission from CASA.

So unless you have something to offer in regards to the issue at hand-move along.

Renames , my apology , I did'nt know you had clearence from CASA , cheers
2019-2-15
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Renames Posted at 2-12 18:38
UPDATE:

Good news. Thanks for telling us.
2019-2-15
Use props
Dior
New
Cambodia

Sorry i have to reply for posting new treats
2019-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules