Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best for Batteries... (MA)
841 4 2019-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tomcatuk
Captain
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

OK so I'm not a frequent flyer, and not flown the MA for a few months (other interests) I had fully charged the batteries and left them for a period of time and now the lights are showing 2 leds on three batteries and one has one led and one flashing on the fourth...  is that a good spot to leave them in if I'm not planning on flying for a further few months as a new car is about to arrive to distract me even further and going have fun with that...
2019-2-8
Use props
Ken Storm
First Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Generally they should be discharged to the 65% ish level. This is done automatically by the batteries and puts them into storage mode. IIRC 65% is 2 solid leds and 1 flashing or there about.

MA Batteries will put themselves in this mode (self discharge to storage level) if not used for 10 days. They may get a bit warm during this time whilst they discharge on the 11th plus day to the storage level.

If you have to combo pack it comes with  an adapter that turns the battery onto a USB Battery Bank, allowing you to discharge them into a phone or other device, it also supports fast charge, well it does on my Samsung. So I use that if I've charged up the batteries only to find it's too windy to fly or I have not used all the batteries. No point wasting energy.
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Tomcatuk . Thank you for the inquiry. If the battery will be idle for a long time, it is recommended to fully discharge and charge the battery at least once every three months. For more details, please visit this link:

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... idelines%20v1.0.pdf

2019-2-8
Use props
Tomcatuk
Captain
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for advice guys...
2019-2-8
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would also add that you should charge to full at least once a month and utilizing either the aircraft or the usb hub to discharge back to safe levels for long term. I am not sure if this helps in the long run but it might keep the lithium "fresh"
2019-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules