1242 19 2019-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Avea PRO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178806 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Critique very welcome. Roast it as much as you want!

2019-2-8
Use props
Flyingcougar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 654528 ft
United States

No roasting here, great video! Thanks for posting it.
2019-2-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video and great flying location.
2019-2-8
Use props
ShermanFlyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 596896 ft
United States

Nice video, well done and thanks for sharing
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello and good day Avea PRO, nicely done! Thanks for sharing.
2019-2-8
Use props
Avea PRO
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flyingcougar Posted at 2-8 05:02
No roasting here, great video! Thanks for posting it.

Many thanks Cougar!
2019-2-8
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful video.
If you want roasted beef :
Some of the transitions are just a tad of beat (too early)
0:55 - 1:00 - 1:09 to name a few.

Other than that very good, love the flying and choice of music too!
2019-2-8
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I know it very well. Just a short drive from my old stomping ground Yeovil, lived there for many years.

So for me a blast from the past. Nice video, I really enjoyed it so thanks for sharing.
2019-2-8
Use props
Avea PRO
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2-8 13:09
Beautiful video.
If you want roasted beef  :

Thanks for the feedback. Sync without transition effects I find quite often falls apart. What it looks like to me is that if you move the transition by one frame forward or back in fact is a very big move. Obviously for technical reasons it can’t change split frame Most of the time I test which side of the frame the transition looks better and go with that. After uploading to YouTube I find it often somehow changes slightly and it gets thrown off. That’s the theory but it could be hat it’s just me Thanks for watching and a great comment!
2019-2-9
Use props
Avea PRO
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful video.

I’ve had another look and another observation. On my iPad the video is very early in relation to music. Nearly all scenechanges preced the music. On my android phone it nearly matches the music. When you upload the video to YT they reancode it to different formats like google preferred webm for android and supported pc browsers or mp4 for others etc. There is also a matter of frame pacing. There are 2 setting that I know off. I work in fcp and the setting is not available there. I guess if the re ancode this with variable frame pacing it could create a problem with sync on transitions. Not something you will notice with a dialog pro example.
2019-2-9
Use props
Avea PRO
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful video.

I’ve had another look and another observation. On my iPad the video is very early in relation to music. Nearly all scenechanges preced the music. On my android phone it nearly matches the music. When you upload the video to YT they reancode it to different formats like google preferred webm for android and supported pc browsers or mp4 for others etc. There is also a matter of frame pacing. There are 2 setting that I know off. I work in fcp and the setting is not available there. I guess if the re ancode this with variable frame pacing it could create a problem with sync on transitions. Not something you will notice with a dialog pro example.
2019-2-9
Use props
Avea PRO
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beautiful video.

2019-2-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Avea PRO Posted at 2-9 01:22
I’ve had another look and another observation. On my iPad the video is very early in relation to music. Nearly all scenechanges preced the music. On my android phone it nearly matches the music. When you upload the video to YT they reancode it to different formats like google preferred webm for android and supported pc browsers or mp4 for others etc. There is also a matter of frame pacing. There are 2 setting that I know off. I work in fcp and the setting is not available there. I guess if the re ancode this with variable frame pacing it could create a problem with sync on transitions. Not something you will notice with a dialog pro example.

Well, it is just those few transitions.
The others are spot on the beat.
So I doubt Youtube is the issue here.

What I like to do  is use the visual waveform for these transitions.

That way I know I am exactly on the beat.
Now with 25fps, there are enough slices to make it so close you don't notice a few ms off.

But then again, it is just a minor thing and maybe nobody notices.
I have made far worse cuts by not paying attention or messing with the timeline afterwards....
2019-2-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Avea PRO Posted at 2-9 01:22
I’ve had another look and another observation. On my iPad the video is very early in relation to music. Nearly all scenechanges preced the music. On my android phone it nearly matches the music. When you upload the video to YT they reancode it to different formats like google preferred webm for android and supported pc browsers or mp4 for others etc. There is also a matter of frame pacing. There are 2 setting that I know off. I work in fcp and the setting is not available there. I guess if the re ancode this with variable frame pacing it could create a problem with sync on transitions. Not something you will notice with a dialog pro example.

Hahahahaha.
You had 4 looks
2019-2-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Avea PRO Posted at 2-9 01:13
Thanks for the feedback. Sync without transition effects I find quite often falls apart. What it looks like to me is that if you move the transition by one frame forward or back in fact is a very big move. Obviously for technical reasons it can’t change split frame  Most of the time I test which side of the frame the transition looks better and go with that. After uploading to YouTube I find it often somehow changes slightly and it gets thrown off. That’s the theory but it could be hat it’s just me  Thanks for watching and a great comment!

Very true, you need that sync!
Especially with such clear beats.
There is one thing you can do, make a double framerate project.
That way your frames last only half the time.
Now I don't know how it works with fpc, but with Vegas I can make minor adjustments that way.
2019-2-9
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Avea, nice video, the scenery was really good, thanks for sharing.
2019-2-9
Use props
Roy Rogers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Great footage
2019-2-9
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft