DJI : I WANT TWO REMOTES
1950 8 2019-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RikDingo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

Can you explain to me why the video feed from the inspire can not be received on two remotes at the same time ?
I'm not talking about controling whatever but just receiving the video feed on a second remotes directly from the inspire and not the the poor network between the two remotes.
I can not understand why it is not possible
2019-2-8
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The Inspire 2 uses spread spectrum encoding to produce an interference free channel between the aircraft and the remote controller.  You establish this channel by doing a "bind" between the two units.  You cannot "bind" an aircraft to two remote controllers at the same time.  You can set up a second remote controller as a slave and see the video on both master and slave.  Read the instructions.  If the channel was not unique and secure for each aircraft and remote controller how could you fly two Inspire 2's at the same time?  You can do this.
2019-2-8
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
France

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2-8 13:14
The Inspire 2 uses spread spectrum encoding to produce an interference free channel between the aircraft and the remote controller.  You establish this channel by doing a "bind" between the two units.  You cannot "bind" an aircraft to two remote controllers at the same time.  You can set up a second remote controller as a slave and see the video on both master and slave.  Read the instructions.  If the channel was not unique and secure for each aircraft and remote controller how could you fly two Inspire 2's at the same time?  You can do this.

I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT CONTROLING !!!!!!!!!!
I have read the manuel and can easily use my remotes as master and slave.

WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT IS THE VIDEO FEED :
If the video feed could be received on two remotes you would have any limitations of distance between the two remote
2019-2-8
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RikDingo Posted at 2-8 23:17
I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT CONTROLING !!!!!!!!!!
I have read the manuel and can easily use my remotes as master and slave.

To explain further...the two way link is spread spectrum.  Each remote controller has a unique code installed at the factory.  The spreading code is a combination of the unique controller code and a pseudo random code generated at the time of binding.  The remote controller sends that unique code for two way transmission to the aircraft at the time it binds.  The aircraft will now only communicate with that unique controller.  If you try to bind a second remote controller...the aircraft will loose the first controller code.  Bottom line is that the aircraft will only bind with one remote controller at a time.

Please don't shout!  It was not clear in your first message that you knew how to do the master/slave setup.  Let's play nice.  I was just trying to help.

Ray
2019-2-9
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
France

I don't shout... I'm just telling to DJI that if there was a way to have the video feed on a second remote that would be wonderfull. SJI should had a new mode for the remote : the "READER" mode.
Master : control everything
Slave : control gimbal
Reader : only get the video feed
2019-2-10
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
France

Example : in France we have a legal distance (150m)  to respect between the pilot and the drone.
I use the inspire to film windsurfing races. My remote is plugged into the video truck with hdmi (or sdi because I have the cendence).
If I go on a boat in order to keep the legal distance with the drone, I have to send the video feed ftom my remote to the video truck wireless.
I could do that with a m600pro by adding a connex on it (or a dji a2). But the m600pro does not support as much wind as the inspire 2.
So I'm stuck !
2019-2-10
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RikDingo Posted at 2-10 03:26
Example : in France we have a legal distance (150m)  to respect between the pilot and the drone.
I use the inspire to film windsurfing races. My remote is plugged into the video truck with hdmi (or sdi because I have the cendence).
If I go on a boat in order to keep the legal distance with the drone, I have to send the video feed ftom my remote to the video truck wireless.

Hi RikDingo,

I have good news...DJI has just announced a new product  "Multilink".

About the Multilink

The new DJI Multilink connects with the Inspire 2 and Cendence remote controllers to create a master-slave network with up to three additional slave controllers. The slave controllers connected to Multilink form a star network with the master controller as the main device. The slave controllers can wirelessly send commands to the aircraft through the master controller and receive images and video signals from the aircraft directly.

See this link:  https://www.dji.com/ca/newsroom/ ... spire-2-controllers
and this link:  

Good luck...Ray

2019-2-11
Use props
RikDingo
Second Officer
France

Very good news !

The slave controllers can wirelessly send commands to the aircraft through the master controller and receive images and video signals from the aircraft directly.
Can you confirm that the slave controllers receive images and video signals from the aircraft directly even if the distance between master and slave is more than 150m ?
2019-2-13
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RikDingo Posted at 2-13 10:46
Very good news !

The slave controllers can wirelessly send commands to the aircraft through the master controller and receive images and video signals from the aircraft directly.

Sorry, I don't own one of these yet. Multilink is not available in Canada.  I would check with DJI or a dealer near you.  If I needed this feature and had $20,000 or more invested in my system, I would risk $99 to find out.  If I had to guess...I would suspect that while the command link to the master would stop at 150 meters...If the video signal comes directly from the aircraft, as stated, you could still receive it.

Let us all know what you find out.

Cheers,

Ray
2019-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules