2137 20 2019-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2283609 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't get any reason.  Both just say "Update Failed" or something like that.

Please advise.
2019-2-8
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

that's a pretty old version. Sounds like your trying a No Limit Dronez jail break. Are you trying to update through DJI and assistant 2? Or are you trying to roll back to .0300? More info needed.
2019-2-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that may I ask are you using the DJI Go 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for updating the firmware? If you are using the App, I would recommend using the DJI Assistant 2 on your computer. You can check this video tutorial.
2019-2-8
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bill B Posted at 2-8 11:08
that's a pretty old version. Sounds like your trying a No Limit Dronez jail break. Are you trying to update through DJI and assistant 2? Or are you trying to roll back to .0300? More info needed.

Thanks for replying.  I am not trying to jailbreak and it's not an old version.  It was released 01/24 so just a few weeks ago.
2019-2-8
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-8 11:09
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that may I ask are you using the DJI Go 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for updating the firmware? If you are using the App, I would recommend using the DJI Assistant 2 on your computer. You can check this video tutorial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K_2HgksJM4

I am using DJI Assistant 2 on my Macbook Pro.  Also, the NFZ Database has never updated on any of my drones using the app or Assistant.
2019-2-8
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

iAmChrisStone Posted at 2-8 11:10
Thanks for replying.  I am not trying to jailbreak and it's not an old version.  It was released 01/24 so just a few weeks ago.

Sorry about that, I didn't know it was the pro2 I thought you were referring to the original mavic pro. The FW # you referenced is similar to the one everyone is rolling back to using NLD software. Hope all works out for you.
2019-2-9
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just to make sure, are you using "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" ?,  The older Assistant software for the MPP was DJI Assistant 2.  I wish DJI would make note of this also, as in DJI Gamora's post, it's still referred to as Assistant 2.   The software is available on the downloads section for the MP2.

I use a MacPro, High Sierra, so far, no problems connecting with the Assistant 2 for Mavic.   

If you are using the Assistant 2 for Mavic, and still can't connect.  A few suggestions,

Try a different USB port on the laptop, and or a new cable.  I always plug in the USB cable, then turn on the drone.  

If you can connect with the Assistant 2 for Mavic, and the just get the update failed, I would consider a "refresh of current firmware"

You might also try a different Mac (if possible) or a windows machine if you have access to one.

On your current MacBookpro, consider removing the Assistant 2 for Mavic, and reinstalling it?

You should be prompted under DJIgo4 to update the NFZ database, have you tried to update it there?  Most times if I update from Assistant 2 for Mavic the NFZ database, I still get prompted to update from the DJIgo4 app.  

If you DJIgo4 app is current you should also be able to update drone firmware from it, as long as you have a wifi connection on the device running DJIgo4.  Note, for this 01/24/19 update, I was able to update from dJIgo4, and got the normal completed screen.  However I was not able to get the controller updated, (you have to update it also), and had to go to Assistant 2 for Mavic to get it updated.

Paul C
2019-2-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

iAmChrisStone Posted at 2-8 11:11
I am using DJI Assistant 2 on my Macbook Pro.  Also, the NFZ Database has never updated on any of my drones using the app or Assistant.

Hi, we're sorry that the problem still persists. Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the application? Please make sure that the DJI Assistant 2 is under the Mavic 2 Pro page for us to possibly update the firmware. If you could connect your MacBook Pro directly to your internet source via the cable, please try to do it for us to secure the stability of your unit. You may refer to the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.6 to possibly update the firmware. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-2-10
Use props
Sjouke
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102789 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

I'm having the same problems with my new bought DJI mavic 2 Pro.
When I connect it to the controller it says that I have to updat my firmware.
When trying to to this through wifi, no results. Everytime the message that I haven no connecting to the network.
Wifi signal is maximum and trying throug 4G also no result.
I installed the DJI assissant 2 for the Mavic and did everything according to the video.
The screen stops and no possibility to make contact with the drone.
Tried different USB ports on my laptop, no results.
I'm really getting frustrated.
The laptop I'm using is a Asus R510C, running on Windows 8.
The phone I use is a HTC 10.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG.
2019-2-11
Use props
Sjouke
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi, here I'm again.
I just installed the DJI assisant 2 on my other laptop, which is running on windows 7.
I installed the assistant for the Mavic and also for the battery.
unfortunately without any results. It seems that the startup screen hangs and doesn't continu.
2019-2-11
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-10 15:27
Hi, we're sorry that the problem still persists. Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the application? Please make sure that the DJI Assistant 2 is under the Mavic 2 Pro page for us to possibly update the firmware. If you could connect your MacBook Pro directly to your internet source via the cable, please try to do it for us to secure the stability of your unit. You may refer to the latest version of the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.6 to possibly update the firmware. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

I have done all of this but will try again.  Also, the NFZ Database has NEVER updated on any of my drones, but I am reminded to do it before each flight - then it fails to update.
2019-2-11
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Firmware updates on android and CS haven't worked on the Mavic  2 since release and still don't work 6 months later.  Borrow an Iphone or IOS device and it will work fine ..or use a computer and the DJI Assistant 2 and update via computer.
2019-2-11
Use props
Sjouke
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi,

I have already the right assistant 2 software (DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.6) but still, after several times removing and installing, no succes.
Also the connection to the phone dosn't work. I'm not buying apple only because DJI is not able to get the software working properly
Really frustrating .
I'm even thinking of buying a DJI Smart controller, hoping that this device is working well.
2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

iAmChrisStone Posted at 2-11 06:21
I have done all of this but will try again.  Also, the NFZ Database has NEVER updated on any of my drones, but I am reminded to do it before each flight - then it fails to update.

Hi, thanks for the update. In addition, you may try to update using a different mobile device for us to isolate the situation. If you encounter any error message to during the update, kindly provide it to us for further help. Please keep us posted on the latest situation. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sjouke Posted at 2-11 07:10
Hi,

I have already the right assistant 2 software (DJI+Assistant+2+For+Mavic+2.0.6) but still, after several times removing and installing, no succes.

Hi, we're sorry for the uneasiness in regards to the firmware update. I would like to clarify that you've managed to install the DJI Assistant 2 for the Windows computer? I would recommend re-installing the driver of your computer using the "Device Manager". Please follow the procedure below on how you will re-install the driver on your computer. I will be providing images as well for your reference. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. After installing the drivers, re-plug the USB cable and launch DJI Assistant 2, then the Unknown Device should be gone from the Device Manager and DJI Assistant 2 should recognize the aircraft.

*Power on the aircraft and connect it to PC via USB cable.
* Select the Start button on PC, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results;
* Expand one of the categories to find the name of Unknown device, then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
* Select Browse my computer for driver software and click Browse and go to where the drivers located (Sample: C:\Program Files\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2\Drivers)
* Click Next and then the drivers will be installed.

Here are the images on how you will do the process above.

2019-2-11
Use props
Sjouke
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi, Here I a'm again.
I tried to update the drivers of the software but I got a message that there is a problem with the driver of the program.
The driver has been found by Windows but "an error occurred during the installation of the program".
"USB DJI Virtical COM."
"the hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog. The file is probably damaged or tampered with"

I already removed the program from the computer and installed it again but with the same result.

The installation of the program goes very fast and during the pop up screen I thought I saw the message that the driver is not installed.

Sjouke
2019-2-11
Use props
Sjouke
lvl.1
Netherlands

This is the screen were everything stops.
I tried to install the EXE file and also the ZIP file.
Both times without any results.

2019-2-12
Use props
Sjouke
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi, this morning I tried again to install the drivers, without any results, and I also made some screen shots.
It's in Dutch but the text is still the same as I wrote yesterday.
Maybe it will help you to see whats going wrong.
2019-2-13
Use props
Sjouke
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi there,

Yesterday I went back to the shop were I bought the Mavic 2 Pro. They told me that DJI works the best with Apple
The updated the Mavic with an I phone without any problems
I have an android phone so it's almost impossible to update through the phone.
Since DJI assistant 2 is also not working properly and I still want to update I bought myself an Apple tablet mini.
That will solve all my problems, I hope.
2019-2-14
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So I was finally able to update the firmware, but still not the NFZ Database or whatever it's called.  Still unable to get help on it.  Any other thoughts?  Tried via app on iphone and ipad plus via assistant 2 on macbook pro.

also, the past 2 days ive been getting some kind of forward vision sensor error and then it tells me to download vision sensor something from the computer, but i can't find that.  any thoughts?
2019-4-9
Use props
iAmChrisStone
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No where have I seen it written, nor has anyone told me this information....  DJI should do better at educating the consumer.  Anyway, we don't use DJI Assistant 2.  We use DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.... SMH

anyway, it all updated and everything is good now
2019-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules