Inspire 2, X5S gimbal not connecting- no signal
2590 5 2019-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nchumchal
lvl.2
United States

Hello Everyone,

New inspire 2 pilot here, have used other DJI drones for a while now. Aircraft is on .0200 firmware, haven’t updated to .0300 yet due to problems I’ve read and batteries not working all of a sudden. So have been flying the drone a few times already and noticed the gimbal yaw drift happening. This morning I recalibrated the IMU and compass to see if it would help, with X5S not on craft. Now when I connect the X5S and turn on craft the gimbal is not getting any signal. The gimbal does nothing when I turn the craft on, just limp, black screen. In DJI go app it is showing gimbal disconnected, which clearly it  is. I’ve tried taking the gimbal/ camera off, putting back on along with switching craft in travel, landing mode with gimbal off and reattaching.

Has anyone experienced this and have a fix? I downloaded the DJI assistant 2 and will try reloading firmware- not sure if I can flash current FW or if I’ll have to update to .0300. This is so weird because it had been working perfect and now not at all. I was really gentle when I did the IMU calibration so I can’t see any wires coming loose, connections look good, etc.

One last thing, I had the newest FW on remote and went back to the previous before this happened. I did this because yesterday I updated the remote and noticed the yaw drift more. I went back thinking this might be the cause to the yaw drift on gimble. I’ve now put the remote back to latest firmware.

Sorry for the winded post, trying to explain best I can. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I’ll be checking back. Thank you !
2019-2-8
Use props
rent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1773458 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only suggestion I have is to (gently) clean the contacts, and align the pins before trying connecting again. From your description it doesn't seem to be a firmware issue, the hardware is not connecting.

Do you have another X5S to try on your I2, or can try your X5S on another I2? This way you can isolate which item is not working.

Best,
Alex
2019-2-8
Use props
Nchumchal
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the reply Alex. Unfortunately I don’t have another X5S or Inspire 2 nor know anyone with one to isolate the problem, I’m in Austin though so probably wouldn’t be too hard to find someone.  

I looked at the contacts and wiped them, didnt see anything that looked damaged but I’ll be sure to re-examine. Gimbal is going on smooth as well and looks good.  I’m with you on not being a FW issue but since this issue just popped up kinda thought so  since nothing physically happened to the inspire or gimbal. I’m out of town until tomorrow so I’ll be back at it tomorrow.
2019-2-8
Use props
Nchumchal
lvl.2
United States

Anyone else have any other suggestions?

I reexamined the pins on the gimbal and craft and they look good. None of them are visibly bent or out of place. Not sure what else I can do here, maybe replace the the assembly on craft where camera hooks up. Doesn't make sense that it would just go out?
2019-2-10
Use props
sasmsmith
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59196 ft
United States

The X5S can be used on M200 platforms as well, so if you know of anyone near you that has one of those rather than an I2, you can try it on that as well.

I would also try updating the I2 (with the X5S connected) to the latest firmware available and see if that fixes your problem. You can always revert everything back to the firmware you are currently using, but if it is FW-related, then that may fix the issue.
2019-2-14
Use props
Nchumchal
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the suggestion.

So it ended up being a loose connector in the gimbal mounting plate, replaced this and it's working again. No idea how this connector came loose all of a sudden.
2019-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules