Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bird Attack or software issue? Flight analysis required
673 2 2019-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TwentyThrill
Second Officer
Flight distance : 257133 ft
Australia

G-day pilots! Last day my Mavic Air started to beeping several times while on Smart RTH mode, the beep was the same one that starts when there's an obstacle very close to the aircraft, but on that altitude (even though out of my line of sight) I was pretty sure that there was nothing near the MA.
Unfortunately I couldn't record the screen of my phone, I just performed a visual sensors calibration today, but I would really be curius to know if there was really some obstacle (such as some birds maybe) around my MA.
I would really appriciate if someone of you could take a look of my flight record and tell me what was the trigger of the beeping (back, front or down vision sistem).
Thank you in advance, and have a safe flight!

Video:

Flight record: https://mega.nz/#!M1cwmQzT!P5te7 ... HUQI2K1MeZTeQh295Xg
2019-2-8
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

looks like the sun freaked it out..  
2019-2-8
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

sounds to me like a RTH sound together with the warning sound it makes when an obstruction is picked up by the sensors. My thoughts are same as hereforthebeer says: looks like the sun freaked it out.... this means that when you are flying more or less into the sun the the light is bounced within the sensor cavity which causes the sensors to pick up false obstruction readings and sets that alarm beeping. No birdstrike is apparent - most likely just reflections in the sensor cavity due to the sun
2019-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules