Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will turning off approx location enable me to bypass the GEO fence
3059 2 2019-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GSR Home Inspec
New
United States

So I have been using my Mavic for about 2 months now. I do roof inspections with it, and am happy with it. My only complaint is the GEO fencing DJI has on the APP. I know where I can fly, why does DJI seem to think they need to control my flight area? I do inspections on "houses" very close to several airports. Its not like I am going to fly above 400 ft and interfere with air traffic. I am taking pictures above a roof of a house, and need close up pics of it as well. So my question is, if I turn off the "approximate location" in the DJI Go 4 app, will it turn off my GEO fence? Or is there a better way to turn off the GEO fence warnings and inability to take off.

2019-2-8
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

no, because the drone has geofencing database installed on it, once it gets location via its own GPS, it will lock it down.  that being said, depending how close you are too the airport and direction runways are, you may be in a authorized zone, means you can request an unlock at many locations within the app as long as the device you are flying is connected to internet..

if all that fails i suggest checking out NLD ( No Limit Dronez ) they have mods and things to unlock your mavic pro.  
2019-2-8
Use props
GSR Home Inspec
New
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2-8 21:44
no, because the drone has geofencing database installed on it, once it gets location via its own GPS, it will lock it down.  that being said, depending how close you are too the airport and direction runways are, you may be in a authorized zone, means you can request an unlock at many locations within the app as long as the device you are flying is connected to internet..

if all that fails i suggest checking out NLD ( No Limit Dronez ) they have mods and things to unlock your mavic pro.

Thanks. I have done a unlock request thru DJI and was approved, but sometimes I get a job, and don't have the time to request a unlock authorization. I will look into NLD. I really don't want to wrap my drone in foil.
2019-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules