1454 12 2019-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vfrailing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564442 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a 107 licensed pilot, using the LAANC through Airmap, usually with success.  Yesterday, I was unable to fly a job I had been authorized to fly, because the DJI 4 did not let me take off.  I tried to use Litchi as well, but same result. My client was understanding, but I promised to see how I can get this one done.The location was about 1.5 miles from ORF, in class C airspace, but in communicating to the airport ATC, I was able to get authorization to fly up to 150 feet.  I understand DJI's strict compliance with the No Fly Zones, but am trying to figure out how to do the job I have been authorized to fly.  Any help would be much appreciated.

2019-2-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I think you need to contact DJI too.

RedHotPoker
2019-2-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day vfrailing. I am sorry for the trouble. To help you further with this issue that we are facing. Kindly please send an email to flysafe@dji.com for us to help you further. Thank you.
2019-2-9
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for your replies, I plan to next week.  I just put in another request through Airmap.
2019-2-9
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

vfrailing Posted at 2-9 12:39
Thank you for your replies, I plan to next week.  I just put in another request through Airmap.

Hope it works out for you!!
2019-2-9
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you try to hot spot, and login to your DJI account?

Getting LAANC Auth does nothing for the FlySafe Database.....that is 100% DJI keeping you from flying near an airport.  Custom Auth I believe would be reqiured.

Randy
2019-2-9
Use props
HTA_RP-1
lvl.3

United States

Randy is correct. Dronezone request for airspace authorization with the resulting FAA approval paperwork uploaded to DJI flysafe will get you a custom unlock in the controlled "redzone" airspace.  Cumbersome and time consuming but it works.  
2019-2-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

vfrailing Posted at 2-9 12:39

You are most welcome. If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-2-10
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

This is why I hate crippled products. This 'geofencing' causes a lot of problems, and all because the company is worried about being sued.

It seems that if you're going to use a quad for business, you should get a real aircraft for industrial purposes. I contacted a maker of industrial drones and inquired about geofencing. Nope. they don't have any limitations. If reliability and staying on schedule matter, get a professional a/c.
2019-2-10
Use props
Michael Kemper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1709583 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did LAANC authorization work in Airmap? I've started a ticket with them because it hasn't for me the past couple of days.
2019-2-11
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Yes, it has been mostly consistent.  In the most recent example, I got a call from the tower telling me to lower my altitude to 150, which I did.   I also have an email address, so I can contact tower directly.

2019-2-11
Use props
Tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451119 ft
United States

you guys ever use Skyward?
2019-2-11
Use props
vfrailing
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

OK, thanks, everyone, just got the unlocking approval from dji.  We'll see how it works next Monday...
A couple of thoughts.  Is there a way to preview on a sectional chart whether or not this procedure will be necessary?  It wasn't professional to have to schedule a reshoot, when I thought I had the approval in hand
I really don't mind having to do a few more steps for safety, as long as I can anticipate it.  ( will have to add another item on my price list)
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules