Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ATTI skill level
12Next >
1891 49 2019-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

https://youtu.be/DYHUuJAle8A

human reactionary response to input output is two tenths of a second

I do not believe high speed piloting in atti is achieveable?

What percent ma pilots fly atti sport mode?
only sport mode permits highspeed flight
2019-2-9
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

https://youtu.be/nQDcDZ6rmGE

the ma can fly as fast as a train in motion?

Sport mode is atti, right?
2019-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

cutis Posted at 2-9 10:27

No it’s not,
2019-2-9
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-9 11:24
No it’s not,

Okay the ma in sport mode can not match train in motion speed
2019-2-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Wrong.

Sport mode is not ATTI.
2019-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

cutis Posted at 2-9 11:41
Okay the ma in sport mode can not match train in motion speed

Train in motion ?
2019-2-9
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-9 11:57
Wrong.

Sport mode is not ATTI.

Gps assist then in sport mode, so it helps counteracting meteorological influence.
Piloting done 1st person view gps assist then?
Ma has sluggish obstacle discovery evasive response so sport mode abandons such baggage which cant sample quick enough to decide and act. That invites risks. So these racers, how do they obstacle avoid at great speeds?
2019-2-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

cutis Posted at 2-9 12:23
Gps assist then in sport mode, so it helps counteracting meteorological influence.
Piloting done 1st person view gps assist then?
Ma has sluggish obstacle discovery evasive response so sport mode abandons such baggage which cant sample quick enough to decide and act. That invites risks. So these racers, how do they obstacle avoid at great speeds?

So these racers, how do they obstacle avoid at great speeds?

Practice and Skill.

2019-2-9
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

in the linked video youtube the locomotive train must be at least 35mph right? my post of keeping up with a locomotive in motion is beyond drone speed capabilities. i saw drone camera overtake that locomotive speed of 35mph
2019-2-9
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-9 13:23

Practice and Skill.

at a particular section of linked youtube video there is engine exhausting expelling out from the drone in flight. that means carbon based fueling engine in drone?
2019-2-9
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree with sport mode is not ATTI mode.
2019-2-9
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-9
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-9
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-9 16:37
This was posted somwhere else but I can't find it.
This is one of the best pilots I've seen. Alot of the flying is full manual, no ATTI even. It also has no problem with speed. Not sure if it is a racing quad as you normally see the props in those.
EDIT: Just saw it posted again so this may be the third time it is posted, sorry.

brett, i thought atti means zero gps, right?
so windage will interfere as when craft penetrated the air gap between locomotive segments (cars).
here the windage is buffetted and the expert manual pilot spontaneously negotiates propulsion in this air space not receiving full-on train speed windage?
seems impossible!
where is he she from? brazil?
2019-2-9
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

cutis Posted at 2-9 17:56
brett, i thought atti means zero gps, right?
so windage will interfere as when craft penetrated the air gap between locomotive segments (cars).
here the windage is buffetted and the expert manual pilot spontaneously negotiates propulsion in this air space not receiving full-on train speed windage?

Atti is stabilzed mode -gps. Most racing drones use Acro, where there is next to no stabilization. You either learn to fly or crash fast.
2019-2-9
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its all about muscle memory. I also fly FPV freestyle and you would be surprised what speeds the brain can process information and make decisions. DJI craft are easy compaired to those bad boys. The bad thing is DJI is more expensive than FPV quad flying so just keep it in normal mode.

2019-2-10
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

the issue is the technology used to transmit video to the app, the latency is horrid (compared to an FPV quad) a good LoS pilot would be able to push the mavic to its limits but frankly the hardware isn't good enough for high speed FPV flying
2019-2-10
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-10
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-10 10:58
There is no gps in atti mode. That is why it switches to ATTI if gps is lost or weak. Basically all it does is keep the drone level.

Oh, I just noticed that. I meant to be saying it stabilizes but without GPS, meaning it will go flying. I will probably fix that for clarity
2019-2-10
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-9 19:05
Atti is stabilzed mode -gps. Most racing drones use Acro, where there is next to no stabilization. You either learn to fly or crash fast.

kinda shifts perspective against mavic air, a high end camera video shooter capable
2019-2-10
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Ridg Posted at 2-10 06:09
the issue is the technology used to transmit video to the app, the latency is horrid (compared to an FPV quad) a good LoS pilot would be able to push the mavic to its limits but frankly the hardware isn't good enough for high speed FPV flying

i really wonder where the barrier is on transport speed?
i mean, data encode then transmit then decode ?
where's the holdup?
is it the operating frequency?
2019-2-10
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

cutis Posted at 2-10 16:56
i really wonder where the barrier is on transport speed?
i mean, data encode then transmit then decode ?
where's the holdup?

Well, most fpv cameras dont really record, (before anyone rips me out on this, let me explain) The FPV camera is more of a navigational camera, think like the inspire 2's minitature spark camera, where as a dedicated camera, think runcam, gopro, insta360 are used for video purposes. The fpv camera is capable of recording sometimes, though it varies depending on model and how you want to record video. FPV feed is not always good due to frequency error and transport but all the footage is usually on aircraft side or if you have some sort of recording device on your headset/groundstation.
2019-2-10
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-10 17:19
Well, most fpv cameras dont really record, (before anyone rips me out on this, let me explain) The FPV camera is more of a navigational camera, think like the inspire 2's minitature spark camera, where as a dedicated camera, think runcam, gopro, insta360 are used for video purposes. The fpv camera is capable of recording sometimes, though it varies depending on model and how you want to record video. FPV feed is not always good due to frequency error and transport but all the footage is usually on aircraft side or if you have some sort of recording device on your headset/groundstation.

pretty much this, as soon as your start recording or encoding the stream such that it can be recorded you introduce a lag into the system, the run cam split is one of the best in terms of latency whilst being able to record (1080p) with that you're looking at ~40ms this is still double what some of the best FPV cameras deliver, so whilst flyable FPV you wouldn't want to use it in an enclosed space.

As a guide the gopro is around 120ms this is a lifetime when it comes to flying and when you consider the dji products are going to be around 1/2 - 1 second you can start to see why you can't fly them fpv the same as a dedicated fpv product.
2019-2-11
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

Ridg Posted at 2-11 00:14
pretty much this, as soon as your start recording or encoding the stream such that it can be recorded you introduce a lag into the system, the run cam split is one of the best in terms of latency whilst being able to record (1080p) with that you're looking at ~40ms this is still double what some of the best FPV cameras deliver, so whilst flyable FPV you wouldn't want to use it in an enclosed space.

As a guide the gopro is around 120ms this is a lifetime when it comes to flying and when you consider the dji products are going to be around 1/2 - 1 second you can start to see why you can't fly them fpv the same as a dedicated fpv product.
Okay i get the auctioneering toss up camera resolution speeds:
Dji is hollywood quality vested and stunt acrobatics sport racing are vested low resolution speedy delivery transmittal owing to collision lack protect except by skill alone
2019-2-11
Use props
Doc Ozzy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2174482 ft
Germany

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-9 13:23

Practice and Skill.

...and a little luck on occasion.

This guy missed some cables around 1:22 - 1:25

2019-2-11
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-11
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

CoreyB10 Posted at 2-10 03:29
Its all about muscle memory. I also fly FPV freestyle and you would be surprised what speeds the brain can process information and make decisions. DJI craft are easy compaired to those bad boys. The bad thing is DJI is more expensive than FPV quad flying so just keep it in normal mode.
https://youtu.be/mS1bwEl0tkw

OMFG!!! I'm in awe!!!
2019-2-11
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Doc Ozzy Posted at 2-11 11:24
...and a little luck on occasion.

This guy missed some cables around 1:22 - 1:25

We use the goggles only to see hazards and obstacles in a hope we can avoid them. It takes a lot of practice to read and plan where you are going at speed -
2019-3-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-9 19:05

There is NO stabilisation at all in Acro mode. Just saying. You point the quad, it flies in that direction.
2019-3-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-10 17:19
Well, most fpv cameras dont really record, (before anyone rips me out on this, let me explain) The FPV camera is more of a navigational camera, think like the inspire 2's minitature spark camera, where as a dedicated camera, think runcam, gopro, insta360 are used for video purposes. The fpv camera is capable of recording sometimes, though it varies depending on model and how you want to record video. FPV feed is not always good due to frequency error and transport but all the footage is usually on aircraft side or if you have some sort of recording device on your headset/groundstation.

RunCam Split and RunCam Split V2 both record at 1080p 50/60fps and are used as the main navigation camera for FPV. The newest kid on the block is the Caddx Turtle V2 which is by many, the main competitor to the RunCam Split V2. So instead of having an FPV camera with a SheepPro on top, you don't need it at all as it's a 2 in 1 camera. Saved weight, increases flight time. No brainer for us FPV pilots.
2019-3-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2-11 15:02
OMFG!!! I'm in awe!!!

It's taken me just over a year to get to this. Started full FPV just after Xmas last year. Still learning......But having fun doing it.
2019-3-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even with the best connection and no outside interference, the MA would still struggle. I have tested it in Sport mode and the signal struggles to keep up with the craft. On a signal note, I still don't understand why they didn't include OcuSync for the MA. It's tested and proved on the MP.......??
2019-3-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 2-9 15:21
in the linked video youtube the locomotive train must be at least 35mph right? my post of keeping up with a locomotive in motion is beyond drone speed capabilities. i saw drone camera overtake that locomotive speed of 35mph

Racing / Freestyle quads have been clocked at over 100mph by a speed gun. Unless it's the bullet train or it's like, normal trains stand no chance against one of these wonderful quads.
2019-3-3
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

The higher amperes demanded by drone, of course its going to fluctuate as claimed "struggling".
Understand electrical loads are from many subsystems, one major subsystem sucking amperes is the data wireless communications bi-directional which i am certain must duplicate efforts for failed receipt of packets owing to jamming from outside sources.
2019-3-3
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 3-3 05:38
Racing / Freestyle quads have been clocked at over 100mph by a speed gun. Unless it's the bullet train or it's like, normal trains stand no chance against one of these wonderful quads.

Are these expensive miniature sized long ranged and shed of excess subsystem baggage?
2019-3-3
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 3-3 01:35
Even with the best connection and no outside interference, the MA would still struggle. I have tested it in Sport mode and the signal struggles to keep up with the craft. On a signal note, I still don't understand why they didn't include OcuSync for the MA. It's tested and proved on the MP.......??

Be patient. I am considering whether ma and rc do have the prerequisite hardware or not to do occusync or not. We should levy this query upon the appropriate liason, it is called "suggest improve" link. I will do it. The answer will be, yes, no, i dont know, or please await response.
Do understand the name of the game is encode decode information data packets on the fly realtime and transception between rc drone. Apparently science technology is at a standstill to this end that presently is saturated in maturity. While privileged transception schema's already exist, they are highly guarded secrets, identical to apple's precious firmware codes.
This business of encode decode brings wealth to its creators because of unchallengeable perform. We need distance and definition for ma, we do not need cyphering nor secrecy cloaking of the transception. It is do'able. Take a look at the wattage rating of the rc for occusync. It is a giveaway
2019-3-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cutis Posted at 3-3 10:06
Are these expensive miniature sized long ranged and shed of excess subsystem baggage?

Carbon fibre top and bottom frame, 4x motors, fpv camera, flight controller, video transmitter board, props, RX receiver and wiring to connect the listed components. We are talking 118gm for the frame and in the area of 300-400gm inc battery for the flying weight. Ready made with top end parts - £450, self built with parts around £300-350.
2019-3-10
Use props
Alex1976
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556867 ft
Italy

I have tried the ATTI mode with Mavic Air but much skill is needed to manage it properly. Unfortunately the only way to experiment ATTI mode in Mavic Air is to fly indoor with VPS disabled. No way in outdoor.
2019-3-10
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 3-10 00:53
Carbon fibre top and bottom frame, 4x motors, fpv camera, flight controller, video transmitter board, props, RX receiver and wiring to connect the listed components. We are talking 118gm for the frame and in the area of 300-400gm inc battery for the flying weight. Ready made with top end parts - £450, self built with parts around £300-350.

Nobody wants carbon based fuel and propel from  turbo combust motorgenerator, electrical loads as usual. Thats weight but not that much? All for durate.
2019-3-16
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
United States

CoreyB10 Posted at 2-10 03:29
https://youtu.be/mS1bwEl0tkw

Very fast motion. Do parts wear quick? Say, the battery must have tremendous current instantaneous delivery on demand, the motors must torque steep props and camera pixel transmission heavier demands owing to every pixel changing as compared to mavic air pixels slow changes
2019-3-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules