Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone for beginners - Mavic Pro or Mavic Air?
123Next >
3499 88 2019-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

Hello everyone,

so I have been thinking about taking my photography and video making skills to a new level and start using the drone. So after looking at various options and asking a few friends who own the drones, I came to conlusion I would be choosing between Mavic Air or Mavic Pro. I have watched many videos, read tons of reviews and threads comparing these two drones and just can´t decide which one would suit me better.

Since I already travel with quite heavy laptop, camera and tripod, I would need something light, small and portable, therefore MA would be perfect for this. I also really like the design of MA more than MP and feel like the controling and using it would be easier for beginner like me. I have never really flown a drone before, so I guess that Mavic Air would be a perfect start. But then comes the BUT.

While I have never really read bad comments or complain about the Mavic Pro, I have heard so many bad comments about Mavic Air. Especially when it comes to the WiFi connectivity and control. I understand what WiFi and Ocusync is, also what is CE or FCC and also the various channels and etc, this I already got somehow. But I´m just really worried to get MA because of this. I don´t want to fly too far away yet, especially the first few months, but I also don´t want to start loosing signal after like 100 meters, sometimes even less, and experiencing video getting frozen or glitching during the flight even at short distance (as many people claim to have problem with this.) I know this all really matters where you are flying and I do not really plan to fly over the busy cities too much - I live in Europe and it is prohibited to fly near the buildings. cities or people in most of the countries here. But sometimes I would like to do that and I´m a bit worried about wifi interference and how it would affect the flight and final video.

I would also like to do more travel videos and I think Mavic Pro would be better for that than Mavic Air, but I could see that Mavic Air has very slightly better camera and I also think easier control than Mavic Pro. I also don´t know if it is still worthy to get Mavic Pro when there are MP2, Mavic Zoom and some people were saying MA2 could come out soon as well (what I quite doubt to be honest.)

I´m quite on a budget being still a student, so Mavic Pro 2 is not an option for me. At least not now. I was looking at amazon, ebay and also some local auctions sites here in my country and saw MP for quite good prices that are same or very similar to Mavic Air. Of course I would be getting Combo.

So here is the question - which one I should get? Which one could be better for me in longer run? Mavic Pro or Mavic Air? I´m slightly more for Mavic Air, but only because of the design, size and weight and the price (which is now actually not that much cheaper comparing to MP) - so all your tips and opinions are welcome.

Thank you a lot!

2019-2-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Hbdelfin. Thank you for choosing DJI and welcome to DJI Forum. Both the DJI Mavic Air and the DJI Mavic Pro are great drones even for beginners. For additional reference I will be posting a link where you can compare both the DJI Mavic Air and the DJI Mavic Pro overviews and specifications. I hope this helps you decide on which drone you want to purchase in the future. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav

2019-2-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

If you are truly into Photography, quality of your images matter - then Mavic Pro is not drone you are looking for.

Based on some of postings (here and there) on image quality; you would be happier carrying around a Phantom 4.

2019-2-9
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Highly biased opinion as a Mavic Pro owner, being able to focus the camera on the subject as apposed to fixed focus, makes the Pro a much better tool for photography.
Ocusync is amazing and worth the extra cost over wifi any day.
Having flight information on the controller screen is also very handy and often overlooked when comparing the Air to the Pro.
Happy hunting...
2019-2-9
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-9 13:27
If you are truly into Photography, quality of your images matter - then Mavic Pro is not drone you are looking for.

Based on some of postings (here and there) on image quality; you would be happier carrying around a Phantom 4.

Yes, I know, I have been thinking about it too before, even had a chance to try it, but unfortunately it would be too big for me, I would need something portable and lighter like MP or MA.  Because I also travel quite often and carrying Phantom 4 would be quite difficult for me. I don´t need that super quality of photos, I was using older model of Canon 1100D for long 7 years (that also has only 12 MP) and managed to create some amazing awards winning photos with it and would probably keep using it until now if my cousin wouldn´t be getting rid of his older Canon 70D...so I don´t need that super top notch quality of photos, rather having lower quality but something that is not that heavy to carry.

But thank you a lot for your tip! I really appreciate it!
2019-2-9
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hbdelfin Posted at 2-9 13:54
Yes, I know, I have been thinking about it too before, even had a chance to try it, but unfortunately it would be too big for me, I would need something portable and lighter like MP or MA.  Because I also travel quite often and carrying Phantom 4 would be quite difficult for me. I don´t need that super quality of photos, I was using older model of Canon 1100D for long 7 years (that also has only 12 MP) and managed to create some amazing awards winning photos with it and would probably keep using it until now if my cousin wouldn´t be getting rid of his older Canon 70D...so I don´t need that super top notch quality of photos, rather having lower quality but something that is not that heavy to carry.

But thank you a lot for your tip! I really appreciate it!

Honestly, the mavic air has been awesome for photos and videos, however I also want to point out that DJI offers a 10% discount for students so regardless what drone you do decide on, take advantage of it if you are eligible!
2019-2-9
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

Harbourside Posted at 2-9 13:47
Highly biased opinion as a Mavic Pro owner, being able to focus the camera on the subject as apposed to fixed focus, makes the Pro a much better tool for photography.
Ocusync is amazing and worth the extra cost over wifi any day.
Having flight information on the controller screen is also very handy and often overlooked when comparing the Air to the Pro.

Thank you so much for your reply! Ocusync and info on the controller  are few of the reasons why I´m leaning towards the Mavic pro.

Thank you a lot, hopefully I will find the right one
2019-2-9
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-9 14:12
Honestly, the mavic air has been awesome for photos and videos, however I also want to point out that DJI offers a 10% discount for students so regardless what drone you do decide on, take advantage of it if you are eligible!

Really? Haven´t heard about that one, thank you for pointing it out!

And yes, I would choose the Mavic Air over the Mavic Pro, but that Wifi control kinda makes me worried.

But thank you for your reply!
2019-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-9 13:22
Hello and good day Hbdelfin. Thank you for choosing DJI and welcome to DJI Forum. Both the DJI Mavic Air and the DJI Mavic Pro are great drones even for beginners. For additional reference I will be posting a link where you can compare both the DJI Mavic Air and the DJI Mavic Pro overviews and specifications. I hope this helps you decide on which drone you want to purchase in the future. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/products/compare-consumer-drones?site=brandsite&from=nav

Because it has new tech I would recommend Mavic Air, also it’s quality is slightly better in both photo and video, if your using for photography it’s unlikely you will need to fly it so far away and it’s signal is pretty good, portability it’s a long way ahead and features it has all new features.
Battery life will be a big difference Mavic Pro will give you 5/6 minutes more but that’s about it, both are great I own and still fly both of them, but starting out my advice Mavic Air .
2019-2-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

hallmark007 Posted at 2-9 14:41
Because it has new tech I would recommend Mavic Air, also it’s quality is slightly better in both photo and video, if your using for photography it’s unlikely you will need to fly it so far away and it’s signal is pretty good, portability it’s a long way ahead and features it has all new features.
Battery life will be a big difference Mavic Pro will give you 5/6 minutes more but that’s about it, both are great I own and still fly both of them, but starting out my advice Mavic Air .

Hello and good day hallmark007. Thank you for sharing your valuable insights and this information with us regarding this matter and thank you for supporting DJI.
2019-2-9
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Hi Hbdelfin. I would go for the Mavic Pro for the reliability.

Sure it's been around for a little longer than the Mavic Air, this also means that most of the bugs have been resolved.

As for the camera, you already know that the hardware is only as good as  the operator. For a great shot it's all about choosing the subject, getting the light right and then framing the shot (among other things).

The camera is secondary.

Some of the most dramatic photos I have seen were taken 100 years ago with a Box-Brownie or a plate camera by people who knew how to compose and expose the shot for dramatic quality.

A pro with a camera phone might take a better photo than a novice with a Nikon Z6

2019-2-9
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-9 14:41

Thank you! All the new features and tech stuff make me consider the MA over MP, I almost ordered it a few weeks ago, but then I heard and read those bad reviews saying how the WiFi is unstable, video gets frozen on the screen and the signal loss is even at short distances like 50 meters, sometimes even when you fly with the drone around the corner. So that is what makes me a bit worried about getting MA - that I won’t be enjoying flying with it because of these issues.

But thanks a lot
2019-2-9
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

Boffin Posted at 2-9 14:52
Hi Hbdelfin. I would go for the Mavic Pro for the reliability.

Sure it's been around for a little longer than the Mavic Air, this also means that most of the bugs have been resolved.

Thank you, the reliability is what makes me consider MP more. Because even though I know that the drones usually start returning home if they loose signal or they will stay on one place hovering in the air, I still don’t want loose the signal even if I just fly over the tree or turn around corner. Because loosing signal in 50-100 meters is quite crazy for me.

And I totally get you with that camera. I was using older canon 1100d (model from 2011-2012), with only 12Mp, no HD video and etc until last year, so for long 6-7 years and took one of the best photos with it, even better than people with more expensive camera and lenses. So I know framing, lighting and even the post-production can do a lot and if you have that “eye”, you can take the best photo with the older model. So this does not worry me that much.

I love the MA quick shots, design and slightly better camera than the MP, but I also think that the reliable signal in any conditions will do it for me.

Thank you again!
2019-2-9
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Well having mavic air, mavic pro,mavic 2 pro using them proffesionally almost every day i will suggest you to buy mavic pro or mavic 2 pro sadly mavic air has many range issues very week wifi signal it has better camera than the first mavic but mavic pro is more reliable in every aspect trust me on that is a beast!
2019-2-9
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would suggest a DJI spark for a beginner.
2019-2-9
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I recommended to get the Mavic Pro.

Fly safely
Alex
2019-2-9
Use props
TedBob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1743622 ft
United Kingdom

I have had both Mavic Pro and Mavic Air at the same time, and I have sold the Mavic Pro.

Picture quality and colours was not as good on the Mavic Pro, and also I had issues with gimbal adjustments, horizon not straight (never been an issue on the MA), focus (MA has fixed focus) etc. The Mavic Air seems to be more reliable/dependable. It's also much easier to carry around.

The only drawbacks of the Mavic Air compared to the Mavic Pro are noise, and shorted battery life. Remote control range is not an issue, as flying a drone miles away, out of line of sight is never a good idea (and illegal in many countries).
2019-2-9
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

Jannistmb Posted at 2-9 15:52
Well having mavic air, mavic pro,mavic 2 pro using them proffesionally almost every day i will suggest you to buy mavic pro or mavic 2 pro sadly mavic air has many range issues very week wifi signal it has better camera than the first mavic but mavic pro is more reliable in every aspect trust me on that is a beast!

That is what I’m thinking - getting Mavic Pro because Mavic Air has many range issues. I heard both sides of story - people saying they don’t have any issue and people saying they have issues all the time.

So that is why I’m asking also here just in case. I’m still a bit torn between two of them but I’m leaning more towards the MP now due to the better and more stable signal.

Thank you for your reply!
2019-2-9
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

TedBob Posted at 2-9 21:40
I have had both Mavic Pro and Mavic Air at the same time, and I have sold the Mavic Pro.

Picture quality and colours was not as good on the Mavic Pro, and also I had issues with gimbal adjustments, horizon not straight (never been an issue on the MA), focus (MA has fixed focus) etc. The Mavic Air seems to be more reliable/dependable. It's also much easier to carry around.

Thank you for your reply. I don’t really want to fly the drone miles far away, but I also don’t want to loose the signal at the first few meters I do. I mean I would like to fly at least 500 meters for example or fly behind the tree or under some bridge for some cool shots, but I heard it can totally mess up and loose the signal on MA while it’s okay with MP.

I’m just worried about the WiFi interference and loosing the signal or having video problems at the short distance. I love the size and weight of the MA more, but I’m just worried about that WiFi control as many people say it sucks a lot. Especially if I’m located in Europe, where the CE mode won’t allow you to fly more than like 2km and many users say it won’t allow you to fly them even a few meters with it.

2019-2-9
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

Alex B. Posted at 2-9 16:27
I recommended to get the Mavic Pro.

Fly safely

Thank you for your recommendation, I’m considering it now more than Mavic Air, but still trying to get the opinions. Thank you.
2019-2-9
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

Lucas775 Posted at 2-9 15:55

I was considering it at first, but then all my friends with drone literally told me that no, that for me would be better either getting straight MP or MA. That spark is just not good enough with quality of photos and videos as I would need.  

2019-2-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Hbdelfin Posted at 2-9 23:39
I was considering it at first, but then all my friends with drone literally told me that no, that for me would be better either getting straight MP or MA. That spark is just not good enough with quality of photos and videos as I would need.  

I would be cautious about buying either MA or MP.  Both drones have been out for a while.   Both drones take a back-seat to DJI's latest and greatest.  Took months for DJI to update MA firmware when MP2 release was in pipe.

A current example of this back-seat effect is happening with CrystalSky.  DJI has come out with their Smart Controller.  CrystalSky's firmware is now severely lagging, whereas before CrystalSky's firmware merely lagged behind.
2019-2-9
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-9 23:50
I would be cautious about buying either MA or MP.  Both drones have been out for a while.   Both drones take a back-seat to DJI's latest and greatest.  Took months for DJI to update MA firmware when MP2 release was in pipe.

A current example of this back-seat effect is happening with CrystalSky.  DJI has come out with their Smart Controller.  CrystalSky's firmware is now severely lagging, whereas before CrystalSky's firmware merely lagged behind.

I heard this too, but because of budget I can´t really go for MP2 or MP Zoom now (especially here in my country it is really overpriced), so that is also why I´m considering Mavic Air or Mavic Pro.

But thank you for the heads up, I will consider it as well.
2019-2-10
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have both the Air and Pro together with my Pro 2. Out of the 2 you listed I would go for the Pro. Video footage is better on the Air but the Pros still images are crisper. From a flying point of view the Pro is far far superior to the Air. It’s quieter, has a better flight  range and longer battery life.
2019-2-10
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 2-9 15:55

Problem is you’d be better off putting that money towards something your less likely to be in a hurry to upgrade from.
2019-2-10
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I have a Mavic 2 Pro, and the Mavic Air, and I do mostly photography. I still use the Mavic Air on every single occasion I go flying and photographing.

The Pro 2 have better quality, but the Air has that small and fun flying factor, with a super stable gimbal. Personally, if you don,t mind not being able to fly miles and miles away, the Air would definitely be my choice between the two. Newer tech, stable gibal, awesome portability and flying, onboard 8 GB (which I thought I would never use, and often have to go to, even though I have huge memory cards)

I have flown my Air is heavy gusts of  winds, and still managed to always get a sharp image. (image of the lightning on my profile, this site) Wind was blowing me around, and the Air was blown meters of course, but still managed a couple of good shots.
After I bought the Mavic 2 Pro, I thought the Air would collect dust, but not so. I love it, and when used correctly, with the basics of photgraphy in mind, it can give you absolutely awesome images.
2019-2-10
Use props
TedBob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1743622 ft
United Kingdom

Hbdelfin Posted at 2-9 23:21
Thank you for your reply. I don’t really want to fly the drone miles far away, but I also don’t want to loose the signal at the first few meters I do. I mean I would like to fly at least 500 meters for example or fly behind the tree or under some bridge for some cool shots, but I heard it can totally mess up and loose the signal on MA while it’s okay with MP.

I’m just worried about the WiFi interference and loosing the signal or having video problems at the short distance. I love the size and weight of the MA more, but I’m just worried about that WiFi control as many people say it sucks a lot. Especially if I’m located in Europe, where the CE mode won’t allow you to fly more than like 2km and many users say it won’t allow you to fly them even a few meters with it.

I have flown the Mavic Air up to 1.5km (on top of the sea) and still had signal. You won't lose signal a few meters away, and not when the drone is still in your line of sight. You won't fly your Mavic Air 3 or 4km away, but that's never a good idea anyway with any type of drones.
2019-2-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hbdelfin Posted at 2-9 15:03
Thank you! All the new features and tech stuff make me consider the MA over MP, I almost ordered it a few weeks ago, but then I heard and read those bad reviews saying how the WiFi is unstable, video gets frozen on the screen and the signal loss is even at short distances like 50 meters, sometimes even when you fly with the drone around the corner. So that is what makes me a bit worried about getting MA - that I won’t be enjoying flying with it because of these issues.

But thanks a lot

It seems a lot of people give you option of Mavic Pro. And I agree it’s a great craft and signal is good and battery life is longer, so if your going to be regularly flying outside 1 mile then this is probably best for you, but I can tell you at 1000 metres both transmission and radio signal are equally good, you should also take into consideration that MavAir is €250 cheaper which leaves you with more money for more batteries, so flying time will not be shorten in fact you will have the option to fly for longer.

The choice is yours, good luck .
2019-2-10
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

ShadyDealer Posted at 2-10 05:06
I have both the Air and Pro together with my Pro 2. Out of the 2 you listed I would go for the Pro. Video footage is better on the Air but the Pros still images are crisper. From a flying point of view the Pro is far far superior to the Air. It’s quieter, has a better flight  range and longer battery life.

Thank you a lot for your opinion! I´m still torn between the both and I´m weighting more towards the Mavic Pro now, even though I really love Mavic Air as well. Thank you, I still have some time to think about it.
2019-2-10
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

Charissa Posted at 2-10 10:43
I have a Mavic 2 Pro, and the Mavic Air, and I do mostly photography. I still use the Mavic Air on every single occasion I go flying and photographing.

The Pro 2 have better quality, but the Air has that small and fun flying factor, with a super stable gimbal. Personally, if you don,t mind not being able to fly miles and miles away, the Air would definitely be my choice between the two. Newer tech, stable gibal, awesome portability and flying, onboard 8 GB (which I thought I would never use, and often have to go to, even though I have huge memory cards)

Thank you a lot! My only worry why I´m not really excited about the MA is because of the WiFi connection. I simply heard that it is really terrible, especially in the cities and places with a lot of other wifi connections or drones around you and it can really mess you up. and the flying experience because you can loose the video signal, the video can be really choppy and getting frozen very easily and also you wont be able to see for a while what the drone is seeing...what I would really regret.
2019-2-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have made the exact same choice a year ago and went for a second hand MP Fly More Combo.
First drone, so I did not really know how much I was going to use it.
Why I chose the MP over the MA?
- Flight time
Those minutes in the air do count for me. It is not the same as an extra batt. since I like to fly my battery 'empty' (not completely of course) but I don't want to start on a new location with a half full batt.
So to have 21 minutes of real flight time (returning at about 15%) is usually enough for 1 location before I move to another one.
- Connection
I have never had any issues with connectivity with the MP. Flown 2 km away and still good signal.
-More redundancy
The MP has more redundancy in sensors than MA. I don't recall which ones are double instead of single, but it is always good to have more than 1 compass etc.
- More flight modes
Home lock, course lock, waypoints. Very interesting stuff to try out!
- More advanced camera settings
- Cinema 4K (higher resolution)
- Portrait mode (I use that a lot for AEB panorama's)
- Extra dial on controller for Exposure correction (works much better than without)
- Able to change exposure while filming!!!!
- Less wide field of view (I find this an advantage, since you don't have to fly so close to get a nice shot, people don't like drones)

And don't forget the noise (sound).

Now there are some things the Air is better
- Less weight / size (for me the MP is ok to carry around throughout the day)
- 100Mb bitrate (So far I am pleased with the MP)
- Gimbal seems better
- Price (that is why I bought a MP second hand.

Good luck with your choice, either drone is very nice!
2019-2-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Hbdelfin Posted at 2-10 12:14
Thank you a lot for your opinion! I´m still torn between the both and I´m weighting more towards the Mavic Pro now, even though I really love Mavic Air as well. Thank you, I still have some time to think about it.

If you are really on a budget, put money towards Mavic Air.  Since this is your first drone, and you can't afford to buy a replacement, use some of money saved to take out DJI Care Refresh.

Whatever bird you decide to buy.  
Read the Manual before ordering.
Read the Manual after ordering.
Read the Manual as you await bird's arrival.
Read the Manual again before flying.

Essentially study Manual like you would study for a Final Exam.

Two other things...
Read the Crash stories.  You can learn from them.  Especially stories like flying over water that end up with submerged / lost drones.

Realize, all Intelligent object avoidance claims is marketing.  The bird's do their best, but best isn't all it is hyped up to be.

2019-2-10
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

TedBob Posted at 2-10 11:15
I have flown the Mavic Air up to 1.5km (on top of the sea) and still had signal. You won't lose signal a few meters away, and not when the drone is still in your line of sight. You won't fly your Mavic Air 3 or 4km away, but that's never a good idea anyway with any type of drones.

Yes, thank you a lot! I just read many reviews and many people saying that the MA simply has really bad connection and deals much worse with interference than MP or any other drones...what made me a bit worried about it. But I don´t really want to fly with drone thousands meters, probably 1 km would be max, but I really saw videos and reviews of people claiming their MA stopped after 60-100 meters and couldnt go on and take any photos or videos. But thank you for your reply.
2019-2-10
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-10 11:31
It seems a lot of people give you option of Mavic Pro. And I agree it’s a great craft and signal is good and battery life is longer, so if your going to be regularly flying outside 1 mile then this is probably best for you, but I can tell you at 1000 metres both transmission and radio signal are equally good, you should also take into consideration that MavAir is €250 cheaper which leaves you with more money for more batteries, so flying time will not be shorten in fact you will have the option to fly for longer.

The choice is yours, good luck .

Yes, I see. Well, I don´t really know what the future holds for me now, but I guess that at least for a year now I wont be probably flying more than 1-2 kilometers, like 1000 meters will be probably the max I would go to. As I mentioned above, my only concern is the Wifi transmission - I simply don´t really want to loose the signal or have choppy video because of the bad signal. But thank you a lot for your tips! I will take it into consideration.  
2019-2-10
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hbdelfin Posted at 2-10 12:22
Yes, thank you a lot! I just read many reviews and many people saying that the MA simply has really bad connection and deals much worse with interference than MP or any other drones...what made me a bit worried about it. But I don´t really want to fly with drone thousands meters, probably 1 km would be max, but I really saw videos and reviews of people claiming their MA stopped after 60-100 meters and couldnt go on and take any photos or videos. But thank you for your reply.

I have both and love both.  The Air is great up to 2Kms in the countryside away from houses and interference I have found.... and of course it's small and light!
This video of mine may help you.
Cheers, Ian
2019-2-10
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hbdelfin Posted at 2-9 23:12
That is what I’m thinking - getting Mavic Pro because Mavic Air has many range issues. I heard both sides of story - people saying they don’t have any issue and people saying they have issues all the time.

So that is why I’m asking also here just in case. I’m still a bit torn between two of them but I’m leaning more towards the MP now due to the better and more stable signal.

The think is there are a few ways like to change your location in USA with fake gps and have better range and more solid signal i didnt try that yet.But honestly if you want to fly your drone in urban areas also mavic pro suits for what you need.I was flying many times in urban areas with perfect signal.
2019-2-10
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

Jannistmb Posted at 2-10 13:47
The think is there are a few ways like to change your location in USA with fake gps and have better range and more solid signal i didnt try that yet.But honestly if you want to fly your drone in urban areas also mavic pro suits for what you need.I was flying many times in urban areas with perfect signal.

Thank you. Yes, I heard about that. The thing is that I´m from Europe, where the restrictions are really strict, I heard that average range for Mavic Air is 500 meters if you are really lucky, like really lucky..so not sure. And you mean MA in urban areas without any issues or MP in urban areas without any issues? Thank you
2019-2-10
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

Montfrooij Posted at 2-10 12:21
I have made the exact same choice a year ago and went for a second hand MP Fly More Combo.
First drone, so I did not really know how much I was going to use it.
Why I chose the MP over the MA?

Thank you a lot! These reviews really help me a lot! I was considering also getting a refurbished or used MP already because of the price, but was also thinking about getting Mavic Air.  Anyway, really thank you for this review. I heard that camera on MA is better and also the video is better, I really like the QuickShots as well on Mavic Air, but I could see it is also on MP now. So yes, I´m still thinking and trying to collect as many stories and reviews as possible, so I get an idea. But it is changing day by day, one day it is a MP, another day I´m almost convinced to get MA. But thank you.
2019-2-10
Use props
Hbdelfin
lvl.2

Czechia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2-10 12:21
If you are really on a budget, put money towards Mavic Air.  Since this is your first drone, and you can't afford to buy a replacement, use some of money saved to take out DJI Care Refresh.

Whatever bird you decide to buy.  

Yes, I´m somehow on budget as I have many trips planned for this year, so spending a lot of money on drone would also mean cutting these trips off. I actually found second-hand or refurbished Mavic Pro for similar or same price as Mavic Air, so that is why I´m so torn between both of these two, because the price is not that different anymore. Especially because MP2 was released. But I´m a bit worried getting older MP, because of older technologies and not really updated stuff. But hopefully I´m just doubting myself. I won´t be able to buy another drone at least for another 3 years, so I really want to pick up carefully something that I know I can count on for another 3 years plus minus when it comes to quality. Thanks a lot for your tips, I actually always study manual even for other stuff and watch all those videos, so yes, I hopefully will be ready for it.
2019-2-10
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hbdelfin Posted at 2-10 14:36
Thank you. Yes, I heard about that. The thing is that I´m from Europe, where the restrictions are really strict, I heard that average range for Mavic Air is 500 meters if you are really lucky, like really lucky..so not sure. And you mean MA in urban areas without any issues or MP in urban areas without any issues? Thank you

MP in urban areas without any issues i have tried everywhere i never had croppy image transimission always you have solid signal without any fear but with the mavic air i have issues in urban areas even in no urban thats the truth sadly is wifi what you can excpect?Is the same with the Parrot Drones the range sucks.So for me go with the mavic 2 pro its much better from the first one better camera sensors everywhere.  
2019-2-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules