Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Focus Remote Controller and Inspire 2 with X5S
133 8 2-9 14:50
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roland Dehli
lvl.2
Flight distance : 324865
Denmark

Is anybody using this setup ? And if yes , is it working well for film ?
Thanx

2-9 14:50
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>

Do you mean this set up? Yes, it works just fine, much better than Cendence's build-in focusing knob. Is it good for film? Well, I don't know how good film maker are you , but with specific lenses it may provide desired effects smoothly and reliably.

medium_121fdbe6-2c27-470d-b421-96a928d327e7.jpg
2-10 00:44
Use props
Roland Dehli
lvl.2
Denmark

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-10 00:44
Do you mean this set up? Yes, it works just fine, much better than Cendence's build-in focusing knob. Is it good for film? Well, I don't know how good film maker are you , but with specific lenses it may provide desired effects smoothly and reliably.[Image]

Tanks M

But no its not that setup i was talking about, its the wireless setup, so that the focuspuller can pull focus just like with the Arri wcu-4
2-10 01:43
Use props
Roland Dehli
lvl.2
Denmark

Its this unit ☝️
AB2DD35C-23EE-438A-9C31-9CD6E5DE5AD6.jpeg
2-10 01:47
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 97

Hi Roland Dehli, we do appreciate your interest in our products. DJI Focus is fully compatible with the Zenmuse X5 series gimbal and camera but not with Zenmuse X5S. DJI Focus is compatible with OSMO Pro/RAW and  Inspire 1. To allow communication between the two devices, connect the communication port on the Focus remote controller to the CAN Bus port of Inspire 1 remote controller using the dedicated CAN Bus cable. You will be needing DJI Focus Handwheel 2 for your Inspire 2. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks for your support.
2-10 14:41
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
  • >>>

Roland Dehli Posted at 2-10 01:43
Tanks M

But no its not that setup i was talking about, its the wireless setup, so that the focuspuller can pull focus just like with the Arri wcu-4

Please read DJI Paladin's response ...
2-10 17:37
Use props
Flo the Pirate
Second Officer
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 2-10 14:41
Hi Roland Dehli, we do appreciate your interest in our products. DJI Focus is fully compatible with the Zenmuse X5 series gimbal and camera but not with Zenmuse X5S. DJI Focus is compatible with OSMO Pro/RAW and  Inspire 1. To allow communication between the two devices, connect the communication port on the Focus remote controller to the CAN Bus port of Inspire 1 remote controller using the dedicated CAN Bus cable. You will be needing DJI Focus Handwheel 2 for your Inspire 2. If you need further assistance, please let me know. Thanks for your support.

this is false information , for me the original dji focus works when tethered with the right cable with
inspire 1 , inspire 2 , x5r , x5s and x7

2-11 23:22
Use props
Flo the Pirate
Second Officer
Austria

yes it works ... does it work good as a wcu ? ... not really as the focus pulling depends on the
lens internal stepper motors of the auto focus ...

read my reply to the admin above ... it´s working only tethered
2-11 23:26
Use props
Roland Dehli
lvl.2
Denmark

Flo the Pirate Posted at 2-11 23:26
yes it works ... does it work good as a wcu ? ... not really as the focus pulling depends on the
lens internal stepper motors of the auto focus ...

Thanks Flo

The ide was to give the focuspuller the same work setup as the wcu-4. I know there is a big diff from pulling with the "real" film lenses and the ones on the inspire.
2-13 04:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules