Float a mavic 2 in water
4016 13 2019-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Layover
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177356 ft
United States

A friend lost his mavic 2 today in the  water.  It was 2 days old.
He did have insurance on it , but no drone to return no insurance.
Has anyone  come up with  a way to keep them a float  in the water  ?

Thanks !

2019-2-9
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

They do have these floats for the Mavic on Amazon however I would not use them,  best to be careful around water
2019-2-10
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Best way to keep the, a float is fly them above the water. Why would you risk drowning a £1200+ drone?!
2019-2-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

went to Amazon to check on the leg extensions to float on water, didn't see them there, but I did see them somewhere,  they were these plastic balls and they did work provided the water was calm and without waves, I just would not take the chance, best advice Shady Dealer!
2019-2-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

just went and checked on Youtube and there they were,  just check out {float extensions for mavic pro}  but I still would not use them.
2019-2-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

just went and checked on Youtube and there they were,  just check out {float extensions for mavic pro}  but I still would not use them.
2019-2-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

check out [float extensions for MP}  on youtube,  I still would not use them, I am in full agreement with Shady Dealer!
2019-2-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Layover. I am sorry to know what happened to your friends DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I am sorry to say that as of the moment DJI does not have any floating accessories for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party devices for DJI Drones. 3rd party devices might affect the drone or its component and can also affect the performance of the drone when in use. Thank you.
2019-2-10
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-10 07:27
Hello and good day Layover. I am sorry to know what happened to your friends DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I am sorry to say that as of the moment DJI does not have any floating accessories for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Just a friendly reminder that we do not recommend using 3rd party devices for DJI Drones. 3rd party devices might affect the drone or its component and can also affect the performance of the drone when in use. Thank you.

I fully agree with you Stephen
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2-13 05:11
I fully agree with you Stephen

Hello and good day Picanoc Jack. Thank you for your support. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-2-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2-10 04:28
Best way to keep the, a float is fly them above the water. Why would you risk drowning a £1200+ drone?!

The person ask for a question on a "how to" he didn't ask for your opinion on the matter of loosing a drone in the water
2019-2-15
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lucas775 Posted at 2-15 10:12
The person ask for a question on a "how to" he didn't ask for your opinion on the matter of loosing a drone in the water

Don’t remember him asking for your opinion on my reply. I didn’t either.
2019-2-15
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Layover is fairly new at this game and like most of us we learnt hard lessons when we first started, figured he might want my opinion but I am truly sorry if I did indeed offend some of you.
2019-2-16
Use props
PeterFDJI3
lvl.2
United States

Sometimes a mission simply requires flights over water.  

When I test my Water Safety drone platforms, I always attach an extra auto-inflating ring buoy just in was of a crash into water...  14 ounces, including the CO2 cartridge.  

Once it is deployed, you can come back with another drone (or boat, etc.) to either pick-up or tow the now-ruined drone to where you can retrieve it.  

You may want to look at my offerings at FarnsworthDronePlatforms.com to see how I build "platforms" that can accomplish a variety of mission-specific things.  

-Peter  

2019-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules