Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Interference or Hack Attack?
7093 47 2019-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skeeter Honey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 2-11 11:50
Hi Flying -Nevada,

Always good to read what other users think what happend, good to learn from each other. Great forum this is!

Could this be the classic Mavic Air yaw glitch which ended up causing cascading faults?  After all, its initial behavior looked just like that.
2019-2-11
Use props
Skeeter Honey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

Flying_Nevada Posted at 2-10 18:04
I take zero offense to any opinion, statement of fact, or advice; I appreciate the time it takes to examine the data and come to a more educated conclusion than I can, in my newbie state.  

We were in a very good position for line of sight with zero obstructions.  My first inclination after ATTI mode was to give it elevation, but as you can see, we were pushing the 400 ft ceiling, as per the launch point and ceiling restriction I had on it at the time; in retrospect I should have known there was a slight incline and I should have configured my drone ahead of time to account for the rise in elevation.  A newbie lesson almost learned the hard way.  

"I'm a humble person" was read as "I'm a horrible person."

I guess I was mentally projecting since I' have a tendency to be rather incorrigible at times.  ;-)

There aren't many threads which have garnered this kind of attention in a while.  You've given us a real caper to unravel.  If this does, in fact, happen to be a truly severe version of the well-documented yaw-glitch-thing then we've entered a new chapter.

I'm conflicted on how I'd feel about that.  On one hand, it could legitimately compel DJI to finally address it. On the other hand, it means that my Mavic Air (which has experienced said phenomena) could crash unexpectedly due to no fault of my own.
2019-2-11
Use props
Flying_Nevada
Flight distance : 85253 ft
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 2-11 17:12

I guess I was mentally projecting since I' have a tendency to be rather incorrigible at times.  ;-)

Nah, nobody is horrible.  I've still got a lot to learn about this platform, and if I'm being ignorant, I don't mind being told so.  I am slightly relieved and also horrified at the same time that this issue is a strange one.  Hopefully some good can come of it, and I do truly appreciate your candor and help!
2019-2-11
Use props
ririlan
Captain
Flight distance : 879154 ft
United States

@9:01  This is exactly what happened to me with my MA. It's is not you who almost crashed the drone, it's the drone who went out of control.  I wasn't as lucky as you, mine crashed.  Another observation, the maximum speed was 113.95!!!  How can that be possible!
2019-5-19
Use props
cutis
Captain
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 2-11 17:12

this legacy yaw flakiness
It visible by only allowing straight forward?
I thought wind creates countering yaw.
Or glitch is something else?
2019-5-19
Use props
Flying_Nevada
Flight distance : 85253 ft
United States

ririlan Posted at 5-19 16:02
@9:01  This is exactly what happened to me with my MA. It's is not you who almost crashed the drone, it's the drone who went out of control.  I wasn't as lucky as you, mine crashed.  Another observation, the maximum speed was 113.95!!!  How can that be possible!

Yes!  I too noticed that my highest airspeed was over 110 MPH!  How could that be?  Does it lose GPS signal, and when it picks it back up it calculates from the last position immediately and says "wow, I was over there, now I'm over here in a flash so I must have gotten here at hundreds of miles an hour"?  Very odd indeed!
2019-5-20
Use props
Adam_Kuzniar
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1036217 ft
Poland

I might be super wrong but what was the KP Index during the time of your flight? Could it be that the drone was hit by an unfortunate solar flare that caused it lose GPS and freak out while trying to switch to Atti?
2019-5-22
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Captain
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most likely is the strong Magnetic interference then the MA goes to ATTI mode. it so scary to fly at ATTI mode especially in such a long distance. Never have the chance to fly in ATTI with MA mode but had an experience with  SPARK and nearly lost it.
2019-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules