Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fly away?
12Next >
1742 54 2019-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ive just lost my spark. Please guys i need some help. Please go onto my instagram page to view the video of my flight record @dji_spark_pilot . I got to about 40m and lost connection. RTH wouldnt work. It is a flyaway? Ive searched the park and surround areas but i cant find it anywhere. I brought it in sept 2018 will it be covered by warranty?

@dji_spark_pilot
2019-2-10
Use props
Proteous
Second Officer
Flight distance : 228993 ft
Barbados

please upload your flight log here
2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Proteous Posted at 2-10 06:31
please upload your flight log here

Thanks for responding. I dont no how to get my flight log details up. Would you mind please explaing for me. Thanks
2019-2-10
Use props
JJB*
Captain
Flight distance : 12165479 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ajf3103 Posted at 2-10 06:34
Thanks for responding. I dont no how to get my flight log details up. Would you mind please explaing for me. Thanks

hiya

use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2019-2-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ajf3103. We are sorry about the mishap on your DJI Spark. I would recommend syncing your flight records using the DJI GO 4 application and please contact our DJI Support Team for us to determine what happened to your flight. Kindly see the link below. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/support

2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi guys. I lost connection when it decided to turn right. I havnt checked this area yet. Does the red arrow mean it has landed there? Im on my way back to the park to see it is located where the red arrow is
Screenshot_2019-02-10-14-49-14.png
2019-2-10
Use props
Nidge
Captain

United Kingdom

I think that’s the last known position prior to the disconnect. Off the top of my head I can’t remember the minimum distance that a return to home initiates on loss of signal, it may have just decided to auto land in the wooded area.

Regards

Nidge.

2019-2-10
Use props
JJB*
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nidge Posted at 2-10 07:03
I think that’s the last known position prior to the disconnect. Off the top of my head I can’t remember the minimum distance that a return to home initiates on loss of signal, it may have just decided to auto land in the wooded area.

Regards

a fail safe RTH (loss of connection) at this distance away from home means it does fly back home....

Flightlog will tell more what happend.

cheers
JJB
2019-2-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

JJB* Posted at 2-10 07:59
a fail safe RTH (loss of connection) at this distance away from home means it does fly back home....

Flightlog will tell more what happend.
I would add that the log can even point to another spot where the drone could be. We've already seen so many times flight track that is displayed in the DJI app and flight track in LogViewer can be different.
2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Went out to have another look but no joy. I cant seem to download the data either..please see screenshots attached. What should i attempt next? Thanks
Screenshot_2019-02-10-16-12-06.png
Screenshot_2019-02-10-16-12-07.png
2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Nidge Posted at 2-10 07:03
I think that’s the last known position prior to the disconnect. Off the top of my head I can’t remember the minimum distance that a return to home initiates on loss of signal, it may have just decided to auto land in the wooded area.

Regards

hi. i no this park very well and it lost connection just before it turnt right. ive been back out to look for it where the red arrow is and still no joy. just so you are aware the red arrow is back gardens. this is a nice area aswell...i knocked on the door where it says the drone is and they say its not in there back garden and i have no reason to disbelieve them
2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

im not very good with technology and trying to understand how to connect my phone with my laptop in order to retrieve my flight logs seems to be very hard. ive connected my phone to the computer via USB but now i dont no what to do. the link posted above on how to retrieve flight data doesnt give me a step by step guide
2019-2-10
Use props
JJB*
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

ajf3103 Posted at 2-10 09:05
im not very good with technology and trying to understand how to connect my phone with my laptop in order to retrieve my flight logs seems to be very hard. ive connected my phone to the computer via USB but now i dont no what to do. the link posted above on how to retrieve flight data doesnt give me a step by step guide

oops, uh  find a person who does know how to transfer a file from the phone to pc / cloud / dropbox etc.

If you have a file manager on the mobile device, search for the flightrecord files.

cheers
JJB
2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ive managed to locate it to some back gardens/yards using find my drone. I was not aware of this option until someone told me on my instagram post. Iv'e had a look but its too dark out so I will go back in the morning to have a look. fingers crossed
2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-10 06:41
Hello and good day ajf3103. We are sorry about the mishap on your DJI Spark. I would recommend syncing your flight records using the DJI GO 4 application and please contact our DJI Support Team for us to determine what happened to your flight. Kindly see the link below. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/support

Hi mate. Ive managed to upload the flight log onto phantomhelp as you can see below. How do i now transfer it into this forum so you tech guys can have a look and see what happened?
20190210_205910.jpg
2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi guys. Sorry for all the messages. As you can imagine i am really panicking and worried about finding my drone and finding out what has actually happened here. I did not realise i could post the URL to the flight log

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/SXFIORN4N988NG7V86WM/
2019-2-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Ukraine

First of all you should look there
2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-10 13:50
First of all you should look there[view_image]

I have already searched there. I was made aware of the find my location feature about 2 hours ago so i used that and the picture attached shows me its 2 streets away from the loaction you suggested i look in. Do you think my deone is 100% where find my location says it is?
Screenshot_2019-02-10-21-54-04.png
2019-2-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Ukraine

Say, it could be here. When connection was lost the drone may drift with the wind in direction where it was flying before intereption of connection. Let’s see that improviseing map.
2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-10 14:08
Say, it could be here. When connection was lost the drone may drift with the wind in direction where it flew before intereption of connection. Let’s see that improviseing map.[view_image]

hmmm. how did you manage to pick up that location sir? find my drone says its a little bit further than that.....
2019-2-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Ukraine

that would be more correct
2019-2-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Ukraine

ajf3103 Posted at 2-10 14:11
hmmm. how did you manage to pick up that location sir? find my drone says its a little bit further than that.....

Yes, I was in a rash. The second picture is more correct
2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-10 14:12
that would be more correct [view_image]

Great stuff. I really hope i can find it tomorrow. the only problem is after looking on google satellite and google earth there seems to be some high trees in these gardens. Fingers crossed its there.

Are you able to say why it decided to fly away from the flight log?
2019-2-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Ukraine

ajf3103 Posted at 2-10 14:18
Great stuff. I really hope i can find it tomorrow. the only problem is after looking on google satellite and google earth there seems to be some high trees in these gardens. Fingers crossed its there.

Are you able to say why it decided to fly away from the flight log?

In the beginning of the flight you received the messege about restricted   zone (class D). During the first minute of the flight you had one disconnection at 0.53 and then at 1.27 you had this
2019-2-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Ukraine

Log says that in that point the drone caught strong magnetic interference. It changed direction, as I suppose, with the wind. It droped an altitude from 202 to 174 ft and gained speed. Next it flew without any response to you actions and droped an altitude to 166 ft during 6 seconds. When connectoin was lost it was in ATTI mode, so couldn’t do Return to Home. So it continued to drift in previous direction and was dropping an altitude. I think, it stuck in the tree branch.
2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-10 14:25
In the beginning of the flight you received the messege about restricted   zone (class D). During the first minute of the flight you had one disconnection an then at 1.27 you had this[view_image]

Ive only had my drone since Sept 2018 so im not familiar with most things if i am honest. Your last comment goes way over my head so i still cant understand what i have done wrong or what actually happened. Of course ive looked at flying zones for obvious safety reasons but that is about it.
2019-2-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Ukraine

ajf3103 Posted at 2-10 14:40
Ive only had my drone since Sept 2018 so im not familiar with most things if i am honest. Your last comment goes way over my head so i still cant understand what i have done wrong or what actually happened. Of course ive looked at flying zones for obvious safety reasons but that is about it.

It says you took off in Sport mode. It can provide some malfunctions in drone work. You should take off only in P-GPS mode with necessery amount of satellites.
2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-10 14:33
Log says that in that point the drone caught strong magnetic interference. It changed direction, as I suppose, with the wind. It droped an altitude from 202 to 174 ft and gained speed. Next it flew without any response to you actions and droped an altitude to 166 ft during 6 seconds. When connectoin was lost it was in ATTI mode, so couldn’t do Return to Home. So it continued to drift in previous direction and was dropping an altitude. I think, it stuck in the tree branch.

sorry i did not see your previous explanation. thank you for that. one last question if you dont mind?...did you look at the exact location of the find my drone screenshot i sent? have you come to the conclusion based on satellite images that it will have got stuck in the tree branches? coordinates for its current locations are 51.460605, -0.019913
2019-2-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Ukraine

ajf3103 Posted at 2-10 14:53
sorry i did not see your previous explanation. thank you for that. one last question if you dont mind?...did you look at the exact location of the find my drone screenshot i sent? have you come to the conclusion based on satellite images that it will have got stuck in the tree branches? coordinates for its current locations are 51.460605, -0.019913

I think it stuck into a brunch because it couldn’t drop its altitude complitely at that distance. It whether stuck into the wall or flew over the roof and stuck into the tree. I am trying to imagine its route.
2019-2-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Ukraine

I see only these tall trees in it way
2019-2-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Ukraine

2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Lysak2003 Posted at 2-10 15:01
I think it stuck into a brunch because it couldn’t drop its altitude complitely at that distance. It whether stuck into the wall or flew over the roof and stuck into the tree. I am trying to imagine its route.

Ah I understand. Looking at its last height of 166.7ft suggests its stuck in the tree. Well, thank you ever so much for your help. I really appreciate the very quick response. Hopefully I can post here in tomorrow with some good news. Here's to a restless night sleep. Cheers mate
2019-2-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Ukraine

Or may be there
2019-2-10
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Ukraine

ajf3103 Posted at 2-10 15:11
Ah I understand. Looking at its last height of 166.7ft suggests its stuck in the tree. Well, thank you ever so much for your help. I really appreciate the very quick response. Hopefully I can post here in tomorrow with some good news. Here's to a restless night sleep. Cheers mate

Sicerely wish you luck with it!
2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

where exactly do you mean?
2019-2-10
Use props
Paul Lee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120623 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe not.... At the end it seemed to be rising again.... And it has 91% battery left..... I could be very far from the estimated area.
2019-2-10
Use props
ajf3103
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Paul Lee Posted at 2-10 17:01
Maybe not.... At the end it seemed to be rising again.... And it has 91% battery left..... I could be very far from the estimated area.

Really? Why do you think it would say that it is located there then? I dont get how that could be its last location according to gps but you think theres a possibility it could be somewhere else....
2019-2-10
Use props
djiuser_GbTaSBRYVuil
New

United States

Thought you might be the spark I just found in my backyard.   But you don’t appear to be in Austin, TX.
2019-2-10
Use props
Paul Lee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 120623 ft
United States

ajf3103 Posted at 2-10 17:07
Really? Why do you think it would say that it is located there then? I dont get how that could be its last location according to gps but you think theres a possibility it could be somewhere else....

Exactly.....Its last known GPS location is what find my drone gives you.
Yours was in Atti mode therefore no GPS connection & 91% battery left to keep moving.
2019-2-10
Use props
JJB*
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your flight too, and read all the postings.

When a DJI drone in ATTI looses connection to the RC it starts an autolanding after few seconds.
So with 91% batterry power it will not fly for 'hours'....

In ATTI with no RC input your SPARK will flow with the wind and keeps its altitude.

Last records with no input Spark was at a steady height of 166 feet, drifting heading 105, speed approx 24 ft/second.

My guess you will find Spark in somewhere in the line last point > orange marking, but closer to the orange marking if it did not hit any obstacle on the way down. Autolanding in ATTI with wind is not descending at one spot but drifting on the wind while landing (closer to the ground often less drift)

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2019-2-10
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules