Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Distance Issues
971 11 2019-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeffa1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 972211 ft
Australia

Can someone help me my son has a Mavic Air  and he cannot go pass 500 Meters in distance before it looses signal and returns to home
they say it can reach up to 4000 meters in distance is this true.. and if so why do you think this is happening

Thanks in Advance
JEFF

2019-2-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may want to try a different location. Remember the MA operates on enhanced Wifi.
You may be flying in a highly congested area that interference with signal.
2019-2-10
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depending on your countries laws, I would caution against flying BLOS as it may not be legal and the risk of collision with an unseen hazard or loss of aircraft can occur. The mavic air in my case has been able to go approximately 300 meters before reaching the edge of my line of sight, and even then it is rare for me to go that far anyway.
2019-2-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-10 19:58
Depending on your countries laws, I would caution against flying BLOS as it may not be legal and the risk of collision with an unseen hazard or loss of aircraft can occur. The mavic air in my case has been able to go approximately 300 meters before reaching the edge of my line of sight, and even then it is rare for me to go that far anyway.

are you assuming he cant see beyond 500 meters?  his glasses could give him god like eyesight....
2019-2-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

if your flying with android... use a fake GPS app to pinpoint location of your phone in united states... restart the DJI go app, it should ask you if you want to reset wifi stuff, say yes.. ..enjoy..   this will not impact any functionality of the drone in default setup....
2019-2-10
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2-10 20:00
are you assuming he cant see beyond 500 meters?  his glasses could give him god like eyesight....

I mean, its not out of the question. I am just stating what I can perceive
2019-2-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2-10 20:46
I mean, its not out of the question. I am just stating what I can perceive

easiest way around the rules
2019-2-10
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try a different location.  Results will vary depending on location...  still waiting on my glasses of god like vision.
2019-2-11
Use props
Bill B
First Officer
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

One thing to be sure of, is that the landing "feet" are folded down. I've forgotten to do it when I first got the drone. Didn't get very far. Also be sure your controller antenna are straight up, ( 90 degrees) to the body of the controller, not pointed flat or straight out. If all this is being done right then try using the USB cable that came with your phone and hook it to the bottom of the controller rather than the side. I have seen many issues with what appears to be "signal" loss only to find it was a Device disconnect from the lousy DJI cables that hook in to the side of the controller. You'll get e red warning in the go app that states "aircraft disconnected". Once I changed to the bottom usb on the controller and got rid of the crap cables from DJI, all my problems went away. check this out.

2019-2-11
Use props
Grumpy D
Captain
Flight distance : 18245 ft
United States

What country are you flying in?
2019-2-11
Use props
djiuser_c1jzHerDJYTb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223776 ft