Problems with phantom 4
2441 5 2019-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Whirl
lvl.1

United States

So I recently took on the task of trying to fix a friend's dji phantom for him (he's not very good with tech), he might have trimmed a few bushed on accident with it and reported that it won't turn on and just beeps, he contacted support and they said that it just needed a firmware update. When I got it the first thing that I do is try to boot it up and see what happens, and sure enough it just beeps. The led on it puts on a nice light show for me (which isn't a good sign). It first flashes red a few times, then cycles through all the colors a few times, then flashes yellow before finally stopping and just keeps beeping.

All that I have tried with it so far is to update the firmware through Dji assistant 2. It was all up to date but I figured I should try to "refresh" it, so it all seems to go well until it goes up to the upload phase and it gets stuck at 28% then the drone power cycles and the update fails. After this happened to me a few times I tried the previous update, and I got the same result over and over again. I figured that the sd card may be full, I checked it on my pc and it had about 2gb free, which I assume is well enough for a firmware update. Then I tried to charge the battery for about an hour or so, and that didn't seem to help either.

So now I'm starting to this this may be a problem with something inside the drone, and as I'm not confident enough to open it up, or know if I even should incase there may be some warranties that would be voided.

Now I'm reaching out on the forums here to see if anyone can help? Maybe I can get some guidance on what steps I should take next? Thanks in advance
2019-2-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does the remote  need binding to the drone?
2019-2-10
Use props
Whirl
lvl.1

United States

Bashy Posted at 2-10 20:07
Does the remote  need binding to the drone?

Nope doesn't help out, still just constantly beeps. It was hold 4 red lights and a quick google search said that it could be a critical error, not really much help there though. I'm really just trying to figure out what needs to happen with this thing. Not sure if it just needs sent in for repair or maybe it just an update or something simple that I'm missing
2019-2-10
Use props
VE7ABR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317651 ft
Canada

Whirl Posted at 2-10 20:54
Nope doesn't help out, still just constantly beeps. It was hold 4 red lights and a quick google search said that it could be a critical error, not really much help there though. I'm really just trying to figure out what needs to happen with this thing. Not sure if it just needs sent in for repair or maybe it just an update or something simple that I'm missing

4red lights where?
2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Whirl. I am sorry to know what is happening with your friend's DJI Phantom 4 and thank you for helping him fix the issue. Since there was an incident when your friend have trimmed a few bushed on accident. There might be an issue internally with the drone after the said incident. For us to help you further kindly please contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for further help and analysis on the said drone. Thank you.

2019-2-11
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Try the update thru the app just to see what happens.
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules