1256 18 2019-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

thought i'd share this with everyone:   under $50 us dolars you can now get a 256GB samsung evo micro SD card.. i have the 128GB for past 2-3 years never had a single issue with it specifically.. in my own testing 128GB varient hold sustained 70+MB/Sec write speed (megabytes per second, not megabits) so wellbeyond fast enough for our applications
(no afilliated/tracked amazon link) https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-M ... A-AM/dp/B072HRDM55/

(just make sure you purchase it from amazon's store not a 3rd party on amazon, to ensure 100% legit...)

now no excuse, DJI should offer a tioggle in app for enabling recording on take off for us forgetful people... 256GB is more than enough space!

2019-2-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been looking at these and wonder if they worked with the MPZ.

Dji sales scan disk and the Evo's are a lot cheaper, but no one talks about using them.

Also I thought that 128g SD was the largest you could use.
2019-2-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 2-10 19:02
I've been looking at these and wonder if they worked with the MPZ.

Dji sales scan disk and the Evo's are a lot cheaper, but no one talks about using them.

im sure 256GB will work, no reason it wouldn't be able to index it if it can index 128GB.  they have to intentionally mess that up, which is possible if dji is truly vile and anti-consumer.

usually the reason you see things like "up to 128GB supported" is because thats biggest they tested..

as for why you see sandisk being reccomended everywhere..i dont know, my guess is somewhere between marketing and limited care in testing other options.. personally i hate sandisk, between all unclear labling/marketing, massive rate of counterfiet cards, and my own issues with unreliability.. used to run sandisk in my camera (sony A6000 up to A7SII), however failure rate was pretty high after a year, i switched to sony and samsung cards because curiosity and cuz heard good things...havent had an issue in multiple years, not even a slowdown when they get stupid hot from abusing them in burntests in my computer..they keep on going at normal speeds

2019-2-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2-10 19:30
im sure 256GB will work, no reason it wouldn't be able to index it if it can index 128GB.  they have to intentionally mess that up, which is possible if dji is truly vile and anti-consumer.

usually the reason you see things like "up to 128GB supported" is because thats biggest they tested..

Thanks Im going to give one a try
2019-2-11
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 2-11 05:02
Thanks Im going to give one a try

Great now im feeling like a sucker for just having bought a 128
Thanks for share let me know if its any good please
2019-3-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Roy Rogers Posted at 3-1 17:14
Great now im feeling like a sucker for just having bought a 128
Thanks for share let me know if its any good please

Well I purchased a 128 scan disk in stead. I found it for a cheaper price.
2019-3-1
Use props
Roy Rogers
First Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 3-1 19:02
Well I purchased a 128 scan disk in stead. I found it for a cheaper price.

Dude I saw and love your collection / addiction .  You got a good wife ! I know cos mine has never giving me a hard time for the many hobbies I have . Responsibility n obligations first but have FUN n do what makes you happy . Family is the only thing that's important in this world but be happy and enjoy your life , do what you like try and find away to provide while doing that and you will have a perfect life .

4th glass of wine n I some times do this sh&t  Cheers WOe
2019-3-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Roy Rogers Posted at 3-1 19:29
Dude I saw and love your collection / addiction .  You got a good wife ! I know cos mine has never giving me a hard time for the many hobbies I have . Responsibility n obligations first but have FUN n do what makes you happy . Family is the only thing that's important in this world but be happy and enjoy your life , do what you like try and find away to provide while doing that and you will have a perfect life .

Thank you. I'm two shots in myself
2019-3-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

i just got 256GB to replace my 128GB and works flawlessly, even recognizes full space fully.. gives me over 5 hours of continuous recording time in 4K, 24fps.   
2019-3-1
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had good luck with the Samsung Evos, although I haven't used this size yet. I DID just order the SanDisk Ultra 200GB for $29.99! Hell of a deal. But I guess it was a one day sale because the price is back up to $36.49 now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

200GB.jpg
2019-3-1
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's actually a EVO plus, Samsung plays massive games with marketing. Amazon has an exclusive on the Select. The only difference between the Samsung EVO Select and the EVO plus is the branding on the card. 70Mb/s is a slow card by todays standards, the Mavics should be able to buffer the data for it, if not you will suffer jitter or reduction in resolution.

That price can make it all wash out though, unless your  a fanatic about SD cards  hahah
2019-3-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

WRHershey Posted at 3-1 23:36
It's actually a EVO plus, Samsung plays massive games with marketing. Amazon has an exclusive on the Select. The only difference between the Samsung EVO Select and the EVO plus is the branding on the card. 70Mb/s is a slow card by todays standards, the Mavics should be able to buffer the data for it, if not you will suffer jitter or reduction in resolution.

That price can make it all wash out though, unless your  a fanatic about SD cards  hahah

no 70MB/Sec is still pretty quick for micro SD, not blazing fast but quick. its also i found, unrated seriously.. as it keeps up with the real A2 SD cards i have in latency testing and on heels of real  A1 cards in IOPs testing.   

also you seem to be confusing  megabits with megabytes.   the encoding speed of mavic 2 and mavic air is 100 megabits per second, that is 12.57 megabytes per second.  this card can sustain a write speed of 70 megabytes per second.
2019-3-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bing Err Posted at 3-1 22:11
I've had good luck with the Samsung Evos, although I haven't used this size yet. I DID just order the SanDisk Ultra 200GB for $29.99! Hell of a deal. But I guess it was a one day sale because the price is back up to $36.49 now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073JY5T7T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the issue i have with sandisk is 2 fold...  

1. the amount of fakes even in legit stocks is intense i dont know how it gets there other then must be getting stock from same place. that pumping fakes out or is mixing up bad batches.   i ordered directly from amazon's own stock and gotten fakes some having passed tests for actual space but failing all other tests like speed, latency, IOPS and such..  also getting what you pay for, usually less then you pay for with sandisk, no wear leveling or anything like there is on samsung and sony cards

2. even with legit sandisk cards the failure rates are unfavorable.  i dont know actual failure rate numbers but i have has a few die on my in camera, usually starts by small errors  like slow write speed or taking long time to clear buffer or get verification error in camera.. sadly usually terms into corrupted tables which starts overwriting and corrupting other images before complete failure is determined.     but i have yet to have a failure on Sony and Samsung SD cards even ones i abused by running intentionally trying to kill them using them as cache drives.  
2019-3-2
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-2 06:07
the issue i have with sandisk is 2 fold...  

1. the amount of fakes even in legit stocks is intense i dont know how it gets there other then must be getting stock from same place. that pumping fakes out or is mixing up bad batches.   i ordered directly from amazon's own stock and gotten fakes some having passed tests for actual space but failing all other tests like speed, latency, IOPS and such..  also getting what you pay for, usually less then you pay for with sandisk, no wear leveling or anything like there is on samsung and sony cards

I've been running tests on my new SD cards with CrystalDiskMark. It's nice to know actual read/write speeds instead of just what's listed on the package.

https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

I've actually got fakes from Best Buy though so I'm not sure there's any ONE place that is trustworthy. Just test all your storage after purchasing and return the fakes.
2019-3-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bing Err Posted at 3-2 16:35
I've been running tests on my new SD cards with CrystalDiskMark. It's nice to know actual read/write speeds instead of just what's listed on the package.

https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

ya crazy how many fakes get into legit stores.   seems sandisk is always the most copied.     

i tested via Crystal disk mark, Atto, Aida and so forth.    i been happily surprised samsung cards are usually underrated, and can overachieve and even beat classes above them.  i tested out actual storage space vs stated as well and like i said, sandisk is usually where i get fakes...
2019-3-2
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-2 17:10
ya crazy how many fakes get into legit stores.   seems sandisk is always the most copied.     

i tested via Crystal disk mark, Atto, Aida and so forth.    i been happily surprised samsung cards are usually underrated, and can overachieve and even beat classes above them.  i tested out actual storage space vs stated as well and like i said, sandisk is usually where i get fakes...

Last fake I bought was PNY.
2019-3-2
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bing Err Posted at 3-2 17:12
Last fake I bought was PNY.

interesting, i gotten a few PNY parts myself, i just assumed PNY wasn't any good maybe my entire sample selection was fake back then.     
2019-3-2
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 3-2 05:56
no 70MB/Sec is still pretty quick for micro SD, not blazing fast but quick. its also i found, unrated seriously.. as it keeps up with the real A2 SD cards i have in latency testing and on heels of real  A1 cards in IOPs testing.   

also you seem to be confusing  megabits with megabytes.   the encoding speed of mavic 2 and mavic air is 100 megabits per second, that is 12.57 megabytes per second.  this card can sustain a write speed of 70 megabytes per second.

No problem, slower cards like that are fine if that's you thing.
2019-3-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

WRHershey Posted at 3-4 08:51
No problem, slower cards like that are fine if that's you thing.

i prefer consistent performance that is reliable..   basically 2 things sandisk lacks in my experience..  in terms of speed like i said, they are fast, just not bleeding edge.  i imagine probably much better silicon since even bottom of the barral samsung memory as of late has been absolutely fantastic but SK and Micron has been crap with lower end and pretty much trash with bottom of the rung stuff  sandisk isnt getting leftovers from samsung because samsung is keeping them, that leaves them brokering with Micron and SK

but if you are taking Videos or really hammering these cards hard, i do not trust sandisk myself and i heard protogs say the same..    they slow down as they are being used heavily and can become less reliable at keeping up when they do, they have a higher failure rate in mission critical situations where it is most demanding where maybe too cold or too hot or just cycling them too hard.   i asked a friend who does photography/videography work and has been doing this work for many years  traveling around the world for her church and she actually said avoid sandisk if mission critical, totally fine if its going to be used in a phone or taking casual pictures and videos...but wouldn't recommend them for actual pro use.
2019-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules