2789 49 2019-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

After analyzing the flight logs I came to the conclution that that it´s some kind of drone HW/SW error so I created a repair case.
When checking the case update status it says I´m supposed to send something in. There is however nothing to send in.

@DJI please advice

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 11.22.15.png
2019-2-11
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think you are supposed to send in the drone. I think you are screwed....
2019-2-11
Use props
MarcelN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2307733 ft
Netherlands

Yeah, they told you better NOT to fly above water, now you know why…
2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Swedrone, we are so sorry for your loss, I managed to get the case number via your Forum account and the data analysis has been applied, nothing needs to be sent in. Our data analysis team will figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-2-11
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-11 03:33
Hi Swedrone, we are so sorry for your loss, I managed to get the case number via your Forum account and the data analysis has been applied, nothing needs to be sent in. Our data analysis team will figure out what happened and provide the proper resolution, please wait patiently, thank you.

Thank´s a lot for your help and prompt reply. I´m personally very happy with all my DJI products and  interactions with DJI. Keep up the good job!
2019-2-11
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Great service.
2019-2-11
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Of course, you opened a repair case without the to be repaired product... what are you expecting. What you want to do is open a ticket and file a warranty claim.
2019-2-11
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

El Diabolico Posted at 2-11 04:42
Of course, you opened a repair case without the to be repaired product... what are you expecting. What you want to do is open a ticket and file a warranty claim.

There is no such option on the support site

https://www.dji.com/se/support
2019-2-11
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Even with care refresh you must send the remains of your drone after a crash to DJI to receive a new one. Sure DJI will probably tell you what went wrong, but I don't think your get a replacement drone out of them. They may offer you a drone only at 15percent discount.  I may be wrong but
will be an interesting case to watch.
2019-2-11
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Swedrone Posted at 2-11 05:17
There is no such option on the support site

Ask to chat with one of DJI reps and they will guide you through the warranty process (if the analysis of your flight log shows that there's some problem with the drone).
2019-2-11
Use props
JPilotR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

MarcelN Posted at 2-11 02:31
Yeah, they told you better NOT to fly above water, now you know why…

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought flight over water was discouraged only if you were below the visual obstacle avoidance altitude, around 35 feet I think. If he was flying less than that prescribed altitude minimum for visual obstacle detection, then I can see the case for DJI saying "sorry, can't replace the drone under warranty". But if above that altitude, I would think a replacement would be in order if the telemetry shows a drone error. Thoughts?
2019-2-11
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Well without seeing the flight logs (please upload OP) its hard to say, the OP claims hardware or software failure, easy to say without any evidence to backup their claim.
Flying over water is fine, I do it all the time, but you have to accept the risk that if it goes down there is little chance of recovery and without the aircraft returned to DJI for inspection, proving any fault is nearly impossible.

2019-2-11
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I am guessing he sent in his log files for analysis? That's all he has, 'cept his controller....
You can post the logs here and we can try to figure out what happened...
2019-2-11
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

DJI already replied #4

The OP does not have to do anything else at this stage.
2019-2-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Swedrone Posted at 2-11 03:39
Thank´s a lot for your help and prompt reply. I´m personally very happy with all my DJI products and  interactions with DJI. Keep up the good job!

Some sort of relief.
Hope you get it fixed.
I miss the Sweden footage!
2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Swedrone Posted at 2-11 03:39

Hi Swedrone, we appreciate it. Should you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help. Thank you for your patience.
2019-2-11
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

In the place of  DJI, I would award you a drone whenever you suffer an accident. So that you, God forbid, never have a day without a drone.
Because your videos and your experience is unique.

2019-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Swedrone Posted at 2-11 05:17
There is no such option on the support site

Do you have flight log you could post ?
2019-2-12
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

Number one reason to join the forum. Seeing this post and others where an Admin chimes in and gives good news or just helpful advice is wonderful.  When I decided I wanted a "camera drone" I knew DJI would be the only choice to make.  Nice Job!
2019-2-12
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am just chiming in because I hope DJI replaces the drone. Sorry for your loss.
Just curious... when a Mavic hits the water does it make a "bloomp" sound or just a "sploosh" sound?
I hope I never have to find out! My heart would sink with it!
Also.. would you be able to dive for it? or is it too deep?
2019-2-12
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

JPilotR Posted at 2-11 08:43
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought flight over water was discouraged only if you were below the visual obstacle avoidance altitude, around 35 feet I think. If he was flying less than that prescribed altitude minimum for visual obstacle detection, then I can see the case for DJI saying "sorry, can't replace the drone under warranty". But if above that altitude, I would think a replacement would be in order if the telemetry shows a drone error. Thoughts?

That's correct.  DJI doesn't discourage you from flying over water.  They just warn you that the visual positioning system can be fooled if you fly to low over a reflective surface.  If you're flying a few meters above the water or more you should be OK.
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bjs_express Posted at 2-12 11:35
Number one reason to join the forum. Seeing this post and others where an Admin chimes in and gives good news or just helpful advice is wonderful.  When I decided I wanted a "camera drone" I knew DJI would be the only choice to make.  Nice Job!

Thank you so much for your kind words and support to DJI, we will keep up the great works and provide more professional customer service. Enjoy flying.
2019-2-12
Use props
TJF059
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207064 ft
Australia

Good luck getting DJI to admit a fault with your drone. I lost a P4 to the ocean and I wasn’t over the water at the time it just decided to do its own thing Ihad no control and it flew about 300 mtr out over the ocean doing acrobatics along the way then fell from the sky. PLOP,!!!! GONE
2019-2-12
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

JPilotR Posted at 2-11 08:43
Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought flight over water was discouraged only if you were below the visual obstacle avoidance altitude, around 35 feet I think. If he was flying less than that prescribed altitude minimum for visual obstacle detection, then I can see the case for DJI saying "sorry, can't replace the drone under warranty". But if above that altitude, I would think a replacement would be in order if the telemetry shows a drone error. Thoughts?

Your reasoning is about right.
2019-2-13
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Alexei Merinov Posted at 2-12 03:04
In the place of  DJI, I would award you a drone whenever you suffer an accident. So that you, God forbid, never have a day without a drone.
Because your videos and your experience is unique.

Thank´s for your support, very kind of you.

There is of course a video of the incident, sorry for the quality, its compiled from the cached 720p footage in the GO app

2019-2-19
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

That doesn't look like the ocean.
2019-2-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Swedrone Posted at 2-19 07:15
Thank´s for your support, very kind of you.

There is of course a video of the incident, sorry for the quality, its compiled from the cached 720p footage in the GO app

Lots of steel in that bridge....why does the video stops too early ?

Would be interesting to see this flightrecord, if you like post it on here.

cheers
JJB
2019-2-19
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11625174 ft
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2-11 02:29
I think you are supposed to send in the drone. I think you are screwed....

Steel bridge greatly interferes with GPS, and RC signal transmission. It is not related to water. Over 5% of crashes happened that situation as you if you can read Chinese from the website www.kanzhaji.com.
2019-2-19
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

Hello,  dear !
Is there an end to your story?
He is happy or not very ???
I found that you deleted all your video from YouTube ...
2019-3-10
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Hong Kong

Sky Donkey Posted at 2-11 05:28
Even with care refresh you must send the remains of your drone after a crash to DJI to receive a new one. Sure DJI will probably tell you what went wrong, but I don't think your get a replacement drone out of them. They may offer you a drone only at 15percent discount.  I may be wrong but
will be an interesting case to watch.

Correct !! ,to replacement the damaged drobe should be returned to dji.
2019-3-10
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Alexei Merinov Posted at 3-10 07:09
Hello,  dear !
Is there an end to your story?
He is happy or not very ???

Hi. After some data analysis by DJI I was offered a "drone only" replacement with 15% discount. Now, without the discount and adding the shipping cost and VAT it was almost the same price (only 100 $ cheaper)  as if I went in to my DJI Store around the corner and bought a new box with the controller and the charger. Needless to say I politely declined the "offer"
2019-3-11
Use props
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Swedrone Posted at 3-11 04:48
Hi. After some data analysis by DJI I was offered a "drone only" replacement with 15% discount. Now, without the discount and adding the shipping cost and VAT it was almost the same price (only 100 $ cheaper)  as if I went in to my DJI Store around the corner and bought a new box with the controller and the charger. Needless to say I politely declined the "offer"

Tyvärr!
2019-3-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

why ??
2019-3-11
Use props
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I replied to my friend swedrone and thumbs down for the "generous" offer from DJI.
2019-3-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Joe.Mavic.D.HH Posted at 3-15 06:12
I replied to my friend swedrone and thumbs down for the "generous" offer from DJI.

oke, now i understand.
Ofcourse you know the cause of this crash, that`s why the thumbs-down, without seeing a flightlog.

2019-3-15
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Update: Drone found after 6 months!
”That will buff right out

Finding Mavic Part 1 - The Search
Finding Mavic Part 2 - The Rescue
2019-8-21
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Looking at the original video it looks like a clear case of operator error.

Very low under a metal bridge (with people on it!) so a fair chance of compass interference, GPS loss and controller loss, maybe at the same time.  Also dark so visioning unlikely to work.
The 15% discount seems fair.
2019-8-21
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

so very happy that you rescued the drone,  now would DJI replace the drone under care refresh? These videos that I viewed were amazing, thank you so very much Swededrone, you may not recognise me but quite a while back you gave me some very good advise on photography which I have used and retained, thanks again friend, oh and I also subscribed to your YouTube channel.
2019-8-21
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Picanoc Jack Posted at 8-21 17:19
so very happy that you rescued the drone,  now would DJI replace the drone under care refresh? These videos that I viewed were amazing, thank you so very much Swededrone, you may not recognise me but quite a while back you gave me some very good advise on photography which I have used and retained, thanks again friend, oh and I also subscribed to your YouTube channel.

Thanks for your kind words and for your subscribe. Getting a lot of negative feedback from posters but they were not there they don´t know, they are judging from the bench. Thanks again friend!
2019-8-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

Swedrone Posted at 8-21 08:49
Update: Drone found after 6 months!
Finding Mavic Part 1 - The Search https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGeCwt58xX0
Finding Mavic Part 2 - The Rescue https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ey-W-JBRTs

Good job on getting it back,  now will DJI Care Refresh owner this one I wonder?
2019-8-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules