RC antenna problem
722 6 2019-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
longwinger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80587 ft
United States

I have a P4 refurbished and really like it, had it for over a year. A small problem I have is the antenna on the RC are loose and floppy. Is there a way to tighten them up?
Thanks
Oscar
2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. May we know where did you purchase this unit? On this situation, we're recommending our customers to send the unit to our facility so that we could fix the antenna for you as this loose antenna may affect the performance of your drone while flying. If you wish to contact our support, please see the link below. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

www.dji.com/support
2019-2-11
Use props
longwinger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80587 ft
United States

Thanks
Oscar

2019-2-11
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Since it is over a year old, your warranty I would assume is no longer active. Those antenna clip into the receiver. You could take the RC apart and maybe take a look at what is going on. It is not hard. Not sure how to tighten those up. Maybe wrap the stem with some tape or something. Or, invest in something like the ItElite antenna in which you would do away with the stock antenna.
2019-2-11
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha LW,

Aside from the other's comments, you could also buy a stick of modeling clay.  Modeling clay is an oil based clay that does not harden.  They can be bought from art stores in a 1X1X4 inch bar (approximate).

Wrap the base of the antennae in a bit of the clay and move the antennae a bit to see if it can still move.  Then take a strip or square of strong paper towel and cover the clay.  If you do not cover the clay well, the oil will get on to other areas of the remote controller.  (You can also use a flexible tape of some sort to cover the clay or paper towel.)

The clay will not interfere with the signal but will allow you to adjust the antennae as needed.  You can replace the paper towel as needed.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-2-12
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

They also used to make a set of parabolic antenna boosters that slip over you existing antenna, but one particular type were made so that they snapped together holding them straight up. Also really cheap!
You and find them on Amazon or Ebay.
para.jpg
2019-2-12
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Oscar,

Ricardo is making another good suggestion in Post #6.  Parabolics are really good for penetrating vegetation, improved Live View and distance flying.  I have three sets!  And they also help with wobbly antennae as he noted.  

I use 3M Magic Tape to hold my parabolics pointed at a slight upward angle and keep them from flopping down.  Do be aware that parabolics concentrate signals forward, so if they point anywhere but toward your Phantom, the Phantom may become disconnected and go into "Return to Home".

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules