Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is $575 in repairs a fair price?
821 8 2019-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf6d55efe
lvl.1
United States

I unfortunately crashed my P4 Pro. Sent it in to be repaired and received the following email. Prices seem a little outrageous. Does anyone have any insight?

Upon first inspection we noticed that your shell has taken serious damage and will need to be replaced for $219. However after closer inspection we noticed that your rear left vision sensors arm has snapped loose internally. You will need a new center frame for $249. You will also need a set of rear vision sensors for $107. With return shipping being $35. Your rear left motor shows a lot of external damage but still appears to work properly.

2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, sorry to read about the issues you had when you sent the aircraft for repairs. I was trying to pull up the case using your Forum account email address but gave me no results. Would it be possible to PM us the associated case number (CAS) or a ticket that we may look into and see if there's anything we can do to help you with? Kindly reach us the soonest time possible. We're here to help. Thank you.
2019-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear about your accident. That’s no fun, and certainly an unfortunate event, tough luck some times.
But it is a real component of rc flying. Everybody does it, so please don’t feel alone. Everybody!

Best go ahead & get that left rear motor replaced now while it’s in their hands... ;-)

Yes, it’s to me, Too, Excessive charge.

No wonder many prefer to just locate the parts and DIYS.

RedHotPoker

2019-2-11
Use props
fansf6d55efe
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone know where I can find information about a center frame? I can find replacement shells and rear vision sensors but no center frames.
2019-2-12
Use props
fansf6d55efe
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-11 13:41
Hi there, sorry to read about the issues you had when you sent the aircraft for repairs. I was trying to pull up the case using your Forum account email address but gave me no results. Would it be possible to PM us the associated case number (CAS) or a ticket that we may look into and see if there's anything we can do to help you with? Kindly reach us the soonest time possible. We're here to help. Thank you.

The repair is with Drone Nerds
2019-2-12
Use props
fansf6d55efe
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2-11 16:25
Sorry to hear about your accident. That’s no fun, and certainly an unfortunate event, tough luck some times.
But it is a real component of rc flying. Everybody does it, so please don’t feel alone. Everybody!

Haha thanks yeah I've crashed it a handful of times. I've been flying for years and get risky with my shots some times. DJI makes a durable drone! This is the first time I've broke anything besides propellers.
2019-2-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

fansf6d55efe Posted at 2-12 07:33
Haha thanks yeah I've crashed it a handful of times. I've been flying for years and get risky with my shots some times. DJI makes a durable drone! This is the first time I've broke anything besides propellers.

Yes, durable to a degree, then all H breaks loose... ha

I hope you can get it repaired without paying an arm..

RedHotPoker

2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansf6d55efe Posted at 2-12 07:31
The repair is with Drone Nerds

I'm afraid there is not much we can do, if you still have any concern of it, you can send in the drone to our official repair center for further evaluation.
2019-2-13
Use props
SlammyD90
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4578816 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI's pricing for repair is usually pretty reasonable. I wouldn't send it any where else. I spent an arm and a leg getting my Phantom 4 gimbal motor replaced and it still didn't work correctly from the guy that replaced it.
2019-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules