Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
hi im new to dji please welcome me
1170 27 2019-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_c1jzHerDJYTb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223776 ft
United Kingdom

hi as above i new to drones and have mavic air. im from tamworh in the uk i do have a few issues regards distance and have read about channel setting etc i would like to think after watching videos that it will go more than 300m witho out having to return to home. please any commments will be much apprieated.

john

2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, welcome to the forum. With regards to your question for you to be able to maximize the range of the Aircraft first make sure your Aircraft is not in the beginner mode. Then when flying the Aircraft make sure you are in an open area and without any Interference as well, here's some essential video that you can watch to Thank you for your support.
2019-2-11
Use props
J AV10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31686 ft
United States

Welcome John. I have the Air as well, great little aircraft. Could I get a few more details on the issues you are having? I can take my bird over 1200ft away without issues most of the time. Anyways, welcome to DJI.
2019-2-11
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

John
Welcome to the forum.
Here you will get great advise from some really smart drone pilots.

I don't have a Mavic Air . I have the Mavic Pro and it differently will travel a lot further the 300m.
DJI advertises 2.4 miles for the Mavic Air and 3.4 miles for the Mavic Pro.

Safe flying and remember to obey your country's laws for drone flying.
2019-2-11
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Welcome John hope you have at least as much fun here and flying as I have, and I've only flown my MPP about six times, looking forward to more, but I have to continue reading the manual.
2019-2-11
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome
2019-2-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome
2019-2-11
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Welcome to the forum!
2019-2-12
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome, as far as range... results will very under conditions and location.
2019-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Welcome, please take a look at this video, it will help setting up your MA using correct and best signals.

2019-2-12
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Welcome John to the forum. I also have an Air and never experienced any issues with distance. The wife has taken control of the air and she's flown it once close to 1500ft with zero issues other than me roaring at her to get a grip and bring it home.

Follow the video hallmark posted it will help you tremendously.
2019-2-12
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Welcome to the forum!
2019-2-14
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136168 ft
Finland

hello, i am a novice as well, and you tube was a great help.
2019-2-14
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hi john - welcome.. read the manual yet? that will help you a lot going forward. Good luck - happy flying and safe landings
2019-2-14
Use props
Chrisonderstall
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27133 ft
United Kingdom

Welcome to the forum, from another newbie!
2019-2-14
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

welcome to our community
2019-2-14
Use props
djiuser_c1jzHerDJYTb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-11 13:32
Hi there, welcome to the forum. With regards to your question for you to be able to maximize the range of the Aircraft first make sure your Aircraft is not in the beginner mode. Then when flying the Aircraft make sure you are in an open area and without any Interference as well, here's some essential video that you can watch to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE Thank you for your support.

thanks.. I only really get about 250/300metres before weak signal warning but do have a lot of houses near flight path I would of thought at 100m that would not affect this, in going to try this tomorrow were its open land for over 3 miles and see what I get!! remember I'm from the uk and use meters note ft.
your thoughts and comments will be great thanks
2019-2-15
Use props
djiuser_c1jzHerDJYTb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Schmooit Posted at 2-14 13:07
welcome to our community

thanks.. I only really get about 250/300metres before weak signal warning but do have a lot of houses near flight path I would of thought at 100m that would not affect this, in going to try this tomorrow were its open land for over 3 miles and see what I get!! remember I'm from the uk and use meters note ft.
2019-2-15
Use props
djiuser_c1jzHerDJYTb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

B1houdini Posted at 2-11 14:28
John
Welcome to the forum.
Here you will get great advise from some really smart drone pilots.

2019-2-15
Use props
djiuser_c1jzHerDJYTb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Scotty Shep Posted at 2-14 07:34
hello, i am a novice as well, and you tube was a great help.

2019-2-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_c1jzHerDJYTb Posted at 2-15 11:52
thanks.. I only really get about 250/300metres before weak signal warning but do have a lot of houses near flight path I would of thought at 100m that would not affect this, in going to try this tomorrow were its open land for over 3 miles and see what I get!! remember I'm from the uk and use meters note ft.

Hi, thank you for reaching out. About that. As you stated when you are flying the Aircraft there's a lot of houses nears on the flight path. This may cause to that and may interfere with the Signal from the Aircraft to the remote. And I assume that there would be a lot of interference to the signal. Please keep us posted whenever you were able to test in the open field. Best Regards! Cheers!
2019-2-15
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Chap couple of things to check  use UAV Forecast just to make sure you are not trying to  fly near a DJI NFZ no fly zone,  also are there any phone masts or radio towers nearby? these can sometime cause issues.

You might also want to go into the setting menu and enable max distance and then try again.

Also confirm that you are using  RC controller as the transmitter and not your phone, im not sure if that is even possible but  the range of your phones WIFI would be much less than the RC  so my thoughts are is it definitely the RC that is synced the  MA and not  your phone as the controller might just be acting as the controller and your phone is the connection between to the drone. As I said im not sure if the latter is even possible, i would try it myself but I left my MA at work so have got it with me. Maybe someone else could give it a go.

Re-sync the controller and drone again just to be sure. Interference from houses could be an issue but Im in and urban area and have not had any issues, sometimes if you are near a large expanse of water the GPS can suffer from signal bounce but  I doubt this is the issue.

A look on the map  I think you have quite a few small airfields around you  so there may also be quite alot of radio traffic around that said it shouldn't be in the 2.4ghz range .

Best test would be travel out somewhere in the country side  and test  also its worth maybe getting a cheap spectrum analyser (app) and you should be able to see how much noise is around too and it should give  you an idea of what channel (the  DJIGO4 app has one these built in as someone has already shown and that will be based on the RC controller ariel's

Good luck and enjoy just remember check around the sky when flying as you are so close to GA airfields  never fly above 400ft and if you see any aircraft  always descend, (it might be worth getting an air band radio and listening on the local frequencies in the area as this will give you and idea of  where they are  in the zone and a direction  but as long as you say under 400ft  it shouldn't be an issue just be aware of your surroundings. UAV Forecast gives wind charts also hand when used on the app
2019-2-15
Use props
Tomcatuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Welcome to new users and here's a useful thread about the forum https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid623200
2019-2-16
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136168 ft
Finland

djiuser_c1jzHerDJYTb Posted at 2-15 11:56
thanks.. I only really get about 250/300metres before weak signal warning but do have a lot of houses near flight path I would of thought at 100m that would not affect this, in going to try this tomorrow were its open land for over 3 miles and see what I get!! remember I'm from the uk and use meters note ft.

I am also from the UK, but working in Finland.
i think the furthest have gone is about 400m, and still get me nervous lol, im in good open area. they say houses can affect the range as this can block the direct signal.
2019-2-16
Use props
djiuser_c1jzHerDJYTb
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-15 12:04
Hi, thank you for reaching out. About that. As you stated when you are flying the Aircraft there's a lot of houses nears on the flight path. This may cause to that and may interfere with the Signal from the Aircraft to the remote. And I assume that there would be a lot of interference to the signal. Please keep us posted whenever you were able to test in the open field. Best Regards! Cheers!

will do thanks
2019-3-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ok. great! if you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2019-3-28
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum and the MA!  

Lack of interference and good line of sight makes a lot of difference.  I'm also part of a rocket club that does launches in a large open field area.  I've been able to go out past 10,000 feet  there more than once.  Altitude was in the range of 350-400 for those flights. I use the auto settings for channel and that has worked fine for me.
2019-3-28
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey john...welcome..i have an MP so unfortunately cant help with yr question but pretty sure other knowlagable members will offer some advice. happy flying
2019-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules