Anyone use lens protector?
1230 7 2019-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

Was wondering if anyone uses a lens protector for the OP? With using a filter, I worry the constant removal/appication will cause some scratches on the lens over time.   If you use a lens protector, which one do you use and do you find any degradation in video/picture quality?
2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Please be cautious on using third-party accessory on your product as this may damage your unit as well. We would recommend using the accessories that are compatible with our Osmo Pocket. Hope that you could get the best feedback that you may need on using the lens protector. Thank you for understanding.
2019-2-11
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Don't advise any lens protector (membrane or tempered glass). they will degrade the image for sure. if you are afraid of scratching the lens, leave a PolarPro ND4 on it all of the time. These filters are the only ones I've seen so far that have a rubber coating above the magnet strip to avoid precisely what you've mentioned. i own Polarpro and Skyreat NDs for the OP so I talk from experience.
2019-2-12
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went with the Pgytech filters and they have slotted casing which makes handling them real easy. I have not missed a placement or removal even doing it while filming.
2019-2-12
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

Wiz33 Posted at 2-12 08:43
I went with the Pgytech filters and they have slotted casing which makes handling them real easy. I have not missed a placement or removal even doing it while filming.

Does the pgytech filter have a rubber casing to protect the lens from getting scratched?
2019-2-12
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 2-12 10:40
Does the pgytech filter have a rubber casing to protect the lens from getting scratched?

No they don't but they are perfectly smooth and I'm not worried at all. The slotted casing is the key to getting a good hold on the filter. I just got in the Freewell Clear Night Filter and the smooth casing is hard to get a good grip on and being held by foam makes it a pain to dig out of the carrying case vs the magnetic case that Pgytech uses.

2019-2-12
Use props
cEQtBhqjyKJB
lvl.3
Canada

Wiz33 Posted at 2-12 11:26
No they don't but they are perfectly smooth and I'm not worried at all. The slotted casing is the key to getting a good hold on the filter. I just got in the Freewell Clear Night Filter and the smooth casing is hard to get a good grip on and being held by foam makes it a pain to dig out of the carrying case vs the magnetic case that Pgytech uses.

[view_image]

How are you finding the freewell clear night filter?  What are the benefits to it for night shots?
2019-2-12
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

cEQtBhqjyKJB Posted at 2-12 12:16
How are you finding the freewell clear night filter?  What are the benefits to it for night shots?

I just got it yesterday so I have not had a chance to try it out yet but here's Mauro's short review of it nd there's a few more on YouTube:

2019-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules