Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket audio spikes at the end of many clips
1523 14 2019-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

It would seem I'm getting a lot of audio spikes at the end of my Osmo Pocket clips. I don't believe I'm hitting the button particulary hard, or the record circle on the Mimo app.

I don't see this on every clip, but on enough of them that they're making post processing more challenging than it needs to be.

Anyone else seeing something like this? See the timeline screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 4.38.43 PM.png
2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. With regards to that may I ask. How often do you receive that kind of issue? And have you check as well if there's a sound being recorded on the end part of the clip? Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-2-11
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-11 15:21
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. With regards to that may I ask. How often do you receive that kind of issue? And have you check as well if there's a sound being recorded on the end part of the clip? Please keep us posted. Thanks!

It happens about 40% of the time. Yes, there is a sound, but it's not the sound I was recording. It resembles the sound you get when you're connecting/disconnecting speaker wires to a stereo. Kind of a "Pffffttttt!" sound - sometimes soft, sometimes LOUD.

At first I thought I was recording the sound of me pressing the record/stop button, but I occasionally get this sound when I'm using the Mimo app, and stopping the recording on my iPhone.
2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dmwierz Posted at 2-11 17:01
It happens about 40% of the time. Yes, there is a sound, but it's not the sound I was recording. It resembles the sound you get when you're connecting/disconnecting speaker wires to a stereo. Kind of a "Pffffttttt!" sound - sometimes soft, sometimes LOUD.

At first I thought I was recording the sound of me pressing the record/stop button, but I occasionally get this sound when I'm using the Mimo app, and stopping the recording on my iPhone.

Thank you for providing this information may I ask as well if this only happens when using an Adapter to the device? And what about when using the WIFI module are you able to experience it as well? However, I will forward this to our developer and for us to have feedback, then once I have the feedback will reach back to you. Thanks!
2019-2-12
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-12 09:45
Thank you for providing this information may I ask as well if this only happens when using an Adapter to the device? And what about when using the WIFI module are you able to experience it as well? However, I will forward this to our developer and for us to have feedback, then once I have the feedback will reach back to you. Thanks!

"An adapter"? What do you mean by this? What adapter?

Plus, I don't have an WiFi/Wireless module, so I can't say.

Thanks.
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dmwierz Posted at 2-12 09:48
"An adapter"? What do you mean by this? What adapter?

Plus, I don't have an WiFi/Wireless module, so I can't say.

Ok, I apologize. I mean the one that you use connecting the Osmo pocket to your Device. By the way what mobile device are you using?
2019-2-12
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-12 10:01
Ok, I apologize. I mean the one that you use connecting the Osmo pocket to your Device. By the way what mobile device are you using?

Oh, ok. I'm using an iPhone 6.

Yes, I was using an adapter to connect to my iPhone for most of the clips that had issues. Does this add a potential source of noise when ending a clip? Plus, it didn't add this noise for all the clips, even while using the adapter, which is puzzling.
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

dmwierz Posted at 2-12 10:05
Oh, ok. I'm using an iPhone 6.

Yes, I was using an adapter to connect to my iPhone for most of the clips that had issues. Does this add a potential source of noise when ending a clip? Plus, it didn't add this noise for all the clips, even while using the adapter, which is puzzling.

Ok, thank you. Actually one of the conclusions behind this would be when hitting the stop button. However. It will be great if you were able to provide at least the last part of the video showing the issue for our developer to analyze as well you may just upload it from Dropbox, google drive or any. Then share the link here. Thank you.
2019-2-12
Use props
I.Yeung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 211010 ft
Hong Kong

Hey I have the same issue with this. For me it happened every time no matter it's 4K in any fps (I tested it all) or 1080P(Just tested for 60P).
Every time I record over around 5:13, it will split into a separated file which remains around 4.9GB/file. If my video it's 6 minutes it definitely splits it into 2 different files and it always happened at the end of the first clip. Please fix it on the next firmware update.
2019-2-13
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
United States

I.Yeung Posted at 2-13 04:30
Hey I have the same issue with this. For me it happened every time no matter it's 4K in any fps (I tested it all) or 1080P(Just tested for 60P).
Every time I record over around 5:13, it will split into a separated file which remains around 4.9GB/file. If my video it's 6 minutes it definitely splits it into 2 different files and it always happened at the end of the first clip. Please fix it on the next firmware update.

Well, this is not at all the issue I'm experiencing, but good luck!
2019-2-13
Use props
AdrianGMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250190 ft
United States

I am also having the same issue since the Osmo pocket came out. It doesn't happen all the time but just for particular days, I'll sometimes get all clips of that day with the audio clipping at the end. I never posted about it because I thought DJI would correct this with firmware updates.
2019-6-22
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Is your card fast enough?  Is there any difference with a different card?
2019-6-22
Use props
AdrianGMan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250190 ft

Hi guys,

So I'm getting a little frustrated because even after being recommended to try different cards I still keep getting the same issue. Also, one thing to note is that if I include a video that has the audio clipping like that in FCPX, after I render the video that exact section will completely mute all the audio after that. I've tried many things to bypass it, but I genuinely think it may be my camera.
2019-9-7
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>

dmwierz Posted at 2-13 05:52
Well, this is not at all the issue I'm experiencing, but good luck!

I think your thread was highjacked by someone not understanding what you were reporting.
2019-9-8
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4

BobWinNV Posted at 9-8 14:30
I think your thread was highjacked by someone not understanding what you were reporting.

Yeah, Bob, that happens sometimes. It's ok - as long as somebody gets the help they're looking for.
2019-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules