Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Constant Wobble in Underslung Mode
4731 16 2019-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Art in Flight
lvl.1
Canada

I've balanced the Ronin-S with Nikon D750. Ran auto-tune. Checked balance in the app and all axis are showing "Excellent". When shooting in underslung mode there is a constant and severe wobble from the roll motor rendering the Ronin-S unsuable which is a MAJOR problem for me.. please help.
2019-2-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I verify how did you enter the Underslung Mode?
There are two ways to enter the Underslung Mode: 1. Press and hold the front Trigger until the Ronin-S is upside down. 2. Pause the motors by double tapping the Power Button, hold the Ronin-S upside down, rotate the Roll axis to ensure the camera is in the upright position, the double tap the Power Button to re-engage the motor.
2019-2-13
Use props
Art in Flight
lvl.1
Canada

I enter Underslung Mode by pausing the motors, tilting the gimbal, checking balance and re-engaging the motors. This happened to me again today on shoot with a GH5. It isn't as severe as with the D750 but it's noticeable in the footage and I could have done a better job with a mechanical gimbal..
2019-2-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Art in Flight Posted at 2-15 20:55
I enter Underslung Mode by pausing the motors, tilting the gimbal, checking balance and re-engaging the motors. This happened to me again today on shoot with a GH5. It isn't as severe as with the D750 but it's noticeable in the footage and I could have done a better job with a mechanical gimbal..

Any chance to provide us with a short sample video of the wobble roll axis?
2019-2-18
Use props
fans8db587b2
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-18 22:34

Hi Mindy, I have this issue too using the A7III with a tamron 28-75 on an arca swiss plate in underslung.

balance, is excellent... autotuned for mid and high with no luck.
2019-5-24
Use props
djiuser_DhpxJ98wxRhU
lvl.1

Philippines

Up to this day, under slang microjitter is still happening in my Dji Ronin S. What should I do?

I'm using A6500 with 18-105.
2019-5-26
Use props
Art in Flight
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-18 22:34

Mindy,

This issue is still happening, as bad as ever. I really hope you have a solution for this as it's really not usable like this.
I balanced it on it's stand then flipped it upsidedown with the motors off, re-balanced it then powered it on with it held upsidedown to enter underslung mode.

Here's a video of the problem:

Thank you
2019-6-5
Use props
DJI Calam
lvl.1

Philippines

Art in Flight Posted at 6-5 12:39
Mindy,

This issue is still happening, as bad as ever. I really hope you have a solution for this as it's really not usable like this.

Same as mine..

2019-6-5
Use props
DJI Calam
lvl.1

Philippines

Mindy,

Same as mine..

2019-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mindy,

Hi, noted with thanks, I will provide the video to our engineers for the check, if there is any update, I'll let you know at the first time.
2019-6-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DJI Calam Posted at 6-5 19:43
Same as mine..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d_my6FqZmE

Hi, thanks for the video, I'll confirm it with our engineers , if there is an update in the future, I'll let you know at the first time.
2019-6-6
Use props
Art in Flight
lvl.1
Canada

Here are a lot more people experiencing the same or similar problem. Would really like to see this get solved or I will be forced to abandon my Ronin S for another, more steady gimbal.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=174233

https://forum.dji.com/thread-162200-1-1.html
2019-6-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mindy,

Hi,you are recommended to increase the motor force value of the pan axis, or just use it upside down as the picture below shows.
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DJI Calam Posted at 6-5 19:43
Same as mine..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d_my6FqZmE

Hi, please refer to the answer on the 13# floor.
2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Art in Flight Posted at 6-6 07:56
Here are a lot more people experiencing the same or similar problem. Would really like to see this get solved or I will be forced to abandon my Ronin S for another, more steady gimbal.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=174233

2019-6-7
Use props
DJI Calam
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-7 00:03
I already did make my strength increase by 11 I think since my setup is just A6500.
Also I'm increasing the stiffness.

You think I should increase it more? or decrease it since I'm using a lightweight setup.

Anyways thank you for noticing my concern cause I've been waiting for ages on someone to notice my concerns.
2019-6-7
Use props
T Verdier
lvl.1

United States

this is really disappointing as I literally bought this gimbal to shoot automotive videos basically all underslung mode, I may just have to return it and go a different direction.
2020-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules