Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Gesture controls not working
5437 7 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marktw
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have been trying to use the Palm Launch and gesture controls without success.I have it set in menu on the app.

Initially the Spark was not responding to two button presses. Then I managed to get it to work. I put my hand up slowly and it registered on me but was not following my hand very well. I sent it off by waving slowly and it went but I could not get it to come back (Y with arms). I had to let the battery die for it to land.

Tried again today and it just wont respond to a double tap on the power button.?? I start with Red lights at the front and flashing green at the back. Double tap the power button and the front lights turn green but nothing happens?

2019-2-12
Use props
Marktw
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I should add that the front lights turn green, and then revert to red after a double tap.
2019-2-12
Use props
Marktw
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have made some progress. I now realise that the camera lens has to be at face height and that now works. However, it does not register my hand when I hold it up. I have tried moving my hand around slowly and bringing it closer and further away but the front lights remain red?
2019-2-12
Use props
fans812df717
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1092280 ft
United States

Suggestions: Make sure the sensor area above camera is clean. Deactivate gesture mode in the app. Exit app, reload app, activate gesture mode, exit app and lastly, turn on your aircraft. Good luck!
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that, when doing the gesture control. Make sure you have enough lightings for the sensor able to detect your face. You may check this video as well for further information.
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that, when doing the gesture control. Make sure you have enough lightings for the sensor able to detect your face. You may check this video as well for further information.
2019-2-12
Use props
gt40mkii
New

I gotta say I'm having the same issues.  Getting it to launch is REALLY hit-and-miss.  A single-button user interfqace for the drone itself is a BAD idea.  It'd cheap, but bad.

Secondly, once I get the thing to go into gesture mode, it only recognizes me about half the time, dispite doing everything in ght above video.

Lastly, and this is consistant, once it does go into gesture mode and register my face, it WILL NOT TRACK me, and only tracks my hand intermittantly.  Those times it does, I can only move my hand to the right.  It will NOT track my hand if I move it to the left.  If I move towards the drone with my hand raised it will back up, but if I back away from it, it will not follow me -- it stays where it is.

REALLTY frustrated with this.  Hand gestures was one of the deciding factors in getting this drone.  Without this being reliable, the drone has little appeal to me over competitors.
2019-9-18
Use props
Zalastar
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue with the spark responding very poorly to Hand gestures. I am going to troubleshoot more and will post more in depth after gathering details but at this point I can say i am disappointed as well in the reliability of this method
2020-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules