Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help please my Ronin S makes a strange noise
7636 15 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8e670604
lvl.1
Italy

hi, it's been a long time since I use my Ronin S is a few months ago began to make a very strange noise, a tick that makes every time I do a crane movement from the bottom up with my Ronin S, just back in an upright position it makes this ticking very disturbing. did any of you find the same problem?
my Ronin S is still under warranty and I would like to send it for assistance.
I attach a video to prove the problem

2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to May, I ask have you tried to calibrate and Autotuning the setting? And ensure that all the screws on the Ronin-S are tightened and the gimbal's axis arm knob does not knock down the axis arm during the operation. If the issue persists I would recommend reaching out one of our support channels in order to guide you on what you'll need to do. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-12
Use props
fans8e670604
lvl.1
Italy

hello, thanks for your answer, the gimbal is perfectly balanced and the screws perfectly tight, the first periods of use this did not happen, in addition to this I began to give another annoying problem, while I use it and make movements of pan, suddenly the Ronin S pauses alone and then resume working, all this alone and suddenly, I also have a video evidence of this defect

Link: https://youtu.be/UnGcPW2am0A
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans8e670604 Posted at 2-12 16:52
hello, thanks for your answer, the gimbal is perfectly balanced and the screws perfectly tight, the first periods of use this did not happen, in addition to this I began to give another annoying problem, while I use it and make movements of pan, suddenly the Ronin S pauses alone and then resume working, all this alone and suddenly, I also have a video evidence of this defect

Link:

May I verify if the gimbal enters into the sleep mode when the Pan axis fails to follow your movement? If not, the issue was caused by the slow sensativity and speed of the Pan axis. Please enable the Sport Mode by pressing and holding the M button.
2019-2-13
Use props
fans8e670604
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 02:13
May I verify if the gimbal enters into the sleep mode when the Pan axis fails to follow your movement? If not, the issue was caused by the slow sensativity and speed of the Pan axis. Please enable the Sport Mode by pressing and holding the M button.

thanks always for your timely response, however I have verified and the problem also gives it in sport mode, who should I contact to send him in assistance since it is still under warranty?
2019-2-13
Use props
fans8e670604
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 02:13

thanks always for your timely response, however I have verified and the problem also gives it in sport mode, who should I contact to send him in assistance since it is still under warranty?
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans8e670604 Posted at 2-13 03:15

Ok, If you want to send it in you may just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support for you to have assistance on what you'll need to do. Thank you for your support.
2019-2-13
Use props
fans6381fdf7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have the same issue with the odd tick noise coming from the motors. Were you able to find out what was causing it?
2019-4-29
Use props
fans6381fdf7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have the exact same issue - was anyone able to work out what the tick noise is? Or get it sorted by sending it back to DJI?
2019-5-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans6381fdf7 Posted at 5-12 09:11
I have the exact same issue - was anyone able to work out what the tick noise is? Or get it sorted by sending it back to DJI?

Hi there, sorry for the troubles with the Ronin-S, please ensure that all the screws on the Ronin-S are tightened and the gimbal's axis arm knob does not knock down the axis arm during the operation. If the issue persists, the device will need to be sent back for further evaluation, please start a ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2019-5-13
Use props
michaeltolar
New

United States

SOLUTION! LOOSEN screws, not tighten!

Hi guys, I've been searching these forums for the last few hours, as I had the same ticking issue. I determined that the ticking noise was only happening on the TILT axis (the one on the top-right). I started tightening screws that I thought could be problematic. The noise only became worse. I couldn't put my finger on it, but the sound, combined with the subtle "impact" I was feeling when the click occurred, led me to believe that there was some kind of internal interference happening with a fastener. Maybe the inner end of one of the set screws was too far in, and was hitting pieces of a component on the adjacent rotating mechanism. Anyway, I started LOOSENING those three outer screws (next to the word "RONIN" by the tilt axis motor, and the sound disappeared. This may not be the real solution, but it seems to have worked for me. Hope this helps.
2020-6-28
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

What happens if you do the restore to factory settings?  Does this noise go away?  I can't remember to to reset back to factory settings, (sure the video is here somewhere), but might be worth a try.  Just saying....
2020-6-29
Use props
Shrikkanth
New

India

michaeltolar Posted at 6-28 16:18
SOLUTION! LOOSEN screws, not tighten!

Hi guys, I've been searching these forums for the last few hours, as I had the same ticking issue. I determined that the ticking noise was only happening on the TILT axis (the one on the top-right). I started tightening screws that I thought could be problematic. The noise only became worse. I couldn't put my finger on it, but the sound, combined with the subtle "impact" I was feeling when the click occurred, led me to believe that there was some kind of internal interference happening with a fastener. Maybe the inner end of one of the set screws was too far in, and was hitting pieces of a component on the adjacent rotating mechanism. Anyway, I started LOOSENING those three outer screws (next to the word "RONIN" by the tilt axis motor, and the sound disappeared. This may not be the real solution, but it seems to have worked for me. Hope this helps.

Hello,

Thank you so much for this. Loosening the screws actually helped !
2020-11-8
Use props
Shrikkanth
New

India

The reason for the creaking sound is the tight screws on the motor of the tilt axis.
Use a Hex wrench and slightly loosen the 3 screws. I just tried and it works noiselessly for now.
2020-11-8
Use props
djiuser_tyhbRZaEH54c
New
Lebanon

I am experiencing the exact same thing with my brand new RS2.
2021-9-21
Use props
Dangerussell
lvl.1

Portugal

I bought the DJI Ronin-SC over a year ago for my wife as a gift. She just got around to using it this week and It's got this problem. Shipped a broken product and out a warranty.. I'm extreamely upset... I've tried these tips to troubleshoot but to no avail.
2023-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules