TImlapse videos 30fps only> 25fps not possible?
1159 7 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 289075 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys

Very new to this device - Osmo Pocket, but searching around i don't see anything that notes that time or motion lapses are rendered to 29.97 fps, even when you have your video frame rate set to 25 or 50fps. Obviously, if you are shooting everything else at 25/50fps you are going to end up with different framerates within the same movie, resulting in stutters one way or the other.

Is ther any way of getting the Osmo Pocket to change the frame rate before I try to workout how to do it in post?

2019-2-12
Use props
Ttrilles
lvl.4
Germany

Timelaps mode is single shot all xx seconds. Take the finished timelaps file and import it to Lumafusion or other equal app. Here you can do the rest.
Framerate etc..

T.
2019-2-12
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

I'm using LRTimelapse

2019-2-12
Use props
JJN
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ttrilles Posted at 2-12 09:51
Timelaps mode is single shot all xx seconds. Take the finished timelaps file and import it to Lumafusion or other equal app. Here you can do the rest.
Framerate etc..

The PO produces a single mp4 file when I shoot timelapse in the standalone mode. It has a frame rate of 29.97. I want a framerate of 25 or 50 so that I can add it to a PAL timeline and not skip frames. If you do a simple framerate conversion it skips frames and the timelapse has stutters in it.
2019-2-12
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

JJN Posted at 2-12 10:57
The PO produces a single mp4 file when I shoot timelapse in the standalone mode. It has a frame rate of 29.97. I want a framerate of 25 or 50 so that I can add it to a PAL timeline and not skip frames. If you do a simple framerate conversion it skips frames and the timelapse has stutters in it.

The OP produces the clip only in 29.97 and maybe DJI can implement other frame rates in a future firmware.  The workaround is to save the individual photos and use your editing program to create a clip in the desired fps.  It is more work, but you actually get better results this way and you're not limited to a 30 fps clip with a low video bitrate.  
2019-2-12
Use props
JJN
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Joemar7 Posted at 2-12 11:20
The OP produces the clip only in 29.97 and maybe DJI can implement other frame rates in a future firmware.  The workaround is to save the individual photos and use your editing program to create a clip in the desired fps.  It is more work, but you actually get better results this way and you're not limited to a 30 fps clip with a low video bitrate.

But if I create a timelapse without a phone attached to the PO, I can't find the photos. Where are they?
2019-2-12
Use props
JJN
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JJN Posted at 2-12 15:28
But if I create a timelapse without a phone attached to the PO, I can't find the photos. Where are they?

OK, I've found the setting for that now. I now realise that the setting in the App would be remembered. That was the missing bit of information!

Thanks for the responses.
2019-2-13
Use props
Ttrilles
lvl.4
Germany

This is what I meant.

T.
2019-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now