Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
If you own the controller wheel, do you recommend it?
6819 25 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

I'm debating if I should get the controller wheel.  There are mixed reviews about it and I'm wondering if I should get one.  I'm interested in getting it for smooth panning.  The one thing I hate is that I will need to constantly remove it from the Osmo Pocket when I put the camera away.  I tend to misplace things so not sure if this will be a good option.  Besides that, is it worth it or I'm better off using my phone?  Thanks.      
2019-2-12
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I brought the Expansion Kit had it for 1mth - best things are WiFi Module & Mount
Haven't used controller wheel yet and never will use SDCard with the OP

Its totaly depends on how you want to use the OP - You can't use controller wheel with phone mount / self stick

If you want the Wifi module & mount buy the expansion kit and get te controller wheel at reduced cost

I can see using it not sure how much .... Good luck choices choices choices choices  

2019-2-12
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

zoom Posted at 2-12 07:34
I brought the Expansion Kit had it for 1mth - best things are WiFi Module & Mount
Haven't used controller wheel yet and never will use SDCard with the OP

Thanks Zoom.  I bought the WiFI module separately and recently started experimenting filming more without the use of the phone.  My phone adapter broke and it will be awhile until I get one.  So for now, I'm looking for creative ways to use the Osmo Pocket and thought about the controller wheel but I don't like the idea to remove the plastic phone adapter each time.  From my experience, those adapters are expensive and hard to find but I'm willing to try the controller wheel if it will give me an extra benefit than using the phone.  
2019-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It depends , if you get it you can use it for many things, it’s exceptional for smooth straight panning also up down panning , you can pan very slowly or very quick, it also has two clever buttons one to change from tilt lock to FPV to follow very quickly, also fast flip button to go from film mode to selfie mode, and lastly two more extras you can by holding down right button maintain tilt lock and it also offers a very nice grip .
I have it and have used it, it’s pretty good and will always be used when needed.
Yes price is expensive, but just like Apple accessories it seems your paying a brand premium.
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Joemar7. Thank you for choosing DJI and thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel is equipped with a dial for precise pan and tilt control, as well as two operation buttons for improved shooting composition. I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers on there experience in using the DJI Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the overview and the specifications of the DJI Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/os ... lete&position=0

2019-2-12
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Joemar7 Posted at 2-12 07:55
Thanks Zoom.  I bought the WiFI module separately and recently started experimenting filming more without the use of the phone.  My phone adapter broke and it will be awhile until I get one.  So for now, I'm looking for creative ways to use the Osmo Pocket and thought about the controller wheel but I don't like the idea to remove the plastic phone adapter each time.  From my experience, those adapters are expensive and hard to find but I'm willing to try the controller wheel if it will give me an extra benefit than using the phone.

Attach phone via a cable thats how I'am doing most of the time adapter only good when using a phone holder - So cable connection and leave wheel attached

Actually Ive just flip phone around in holder and use a short cable .. get my meaning

Also means I can use audio plug and record using external mic to phone If i need audio sync in FCP / Premiere

2019-2-12
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

DJI Stephen  .... ouuuuch!

... but not sold out in China
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BeterBan Posted at 2-12 14:31
DJI Stephen  .... ouuuuch!

[view_image]

Hi, sorry that this accessory is out of stock as of the time being on our store. If you wish to purchase this accessory you may provide your email in "IN STOCK REMINDER" for you to be notified once this accessory would be available on our store. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-12
Use props
forbsie
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I think the controller wheel is a MUST have accessory. It is almost impossible to pan smoothly with the OP without it being attached to a phone, or using the control wheel. I do not want the OP attached to a phone (which makes it unwieldy and defeats OPs portability IMO), so I had to get the wheel. Definitely worth the investment! Cheers
2019-2-12
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I find the wheel is easier to use than trying to use it on the screen. so for that reason I would say its a useful tool. I would admit that I feel it is a little overpriced for what it is.
2019-2-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The total gimbal lock it provides can be very handy.  For instance, at a concert or something like that, if using it for a long hand-held shot, you can press down the right button and then move your hand which is holding the Pocket to a new more comfortable position without messing up the picture at all.
2019-2-13
Use props
fans687a79c2
lvl.4
Hong Kong

I ought not to reply you because I am not the wheel owner yet. I considered to buy it together with mount and wifi module before while the package was in stock. However, I wondered the bigger size of the OP with wheel installed and how to carry it. At present I use third party mounts and an OTG cable to remote control the OP and find all running well. The dilemma is after buying the wheel, panning may become easy with the cost of buying a bigger case to carry the whole thing, or unmount the wheel every time before put back to the tailor made DJI carrying bag.

2019-2-13
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

I bought wheel controller and wi-fi adapter separately as soon as they appeared available on DJI web store. They are both very useful and make filming much easier. I don't really use Story mode so the wheel control is always attached to the OP as well as wi-fi adapter. I don't carry OP in the original case, in order to protect gimbal when in my pocket I use PGYTECH gimbal protector so no need to remove it. The wheel controller works very well for me, left button allows to quickly change gimbal mode, very handy option. Right button switch to selfie mode, feature I don't use, wish I could use it to center camera instead. The wheel itself is fantastic in my opinion, allows for very slow/smooth tilting/panning. The ergonomics of the wheel controller work for me, I'm right handed but I can hold the OP in my left hand and with a thumb control all the feature. I even tried to wear leather gloves and operate wheel controller, no problems, worked very well. I was surprised to be able to swipe the OP display wearing gloves and it works but not as good as without gloves. Some people on this forum like to use phone display to control panning/tilting but not me, the only time I use my Samsung S9 Plus is to change setting and when recording timelapses.
2019-2-13
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-12 08:41
Hello and good day Joemar7. Thank you for choosing DJI and thank you for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel is equipped with a dial for precise pan and tilt control, as well as two operation buttons for improved shooting composition. I hope you'll get the best recommendation here from our valued DJI Members and Customers on there experience in using the DJI Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the overview and the specifications of the DJI Osmo Pocket Controller Wheel. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket-controller-wheel?from=autocomplete&position=0

Thanks, DJI Stephen.  Unfortunately, it is out of stock and same thing with the phone adapter.  
2019-2-13
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

Thanks guys.  I appreciate your feedback.  You convinced me to get one and hopefully that's soon.  
2019-2-13
Use props
NorthTexasAerials
lvl.1
United States

I have the wheel adapter and find it very useful - what is NOT useful is that you can't safely store the Osmo Pocket with it still attached in the case - so you either have to make your own new case, or install it every time you use it. Not very user friendly if you like it. A redesigned case that allows you to stow the device with the wheel attached would be ideal. I don't mind so much that the case doesn't work with the wireless attachment (also bad, but I can live with it), but this one is a bad didn't check with real world beta users deal. And yes, the wheel really helps the device.
2019-2-13
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

NorthTexasAerials Posted at 2-13 09:25
I have the wheel adapter and find it very useful - what is NOT useful is that you can't safely store the Osmo Pocket with it still attached in the case - so you either have to make your own new case, or install it every time you use it. Not very user friendly if you like it. A redesigned case that allows you to stow the device with the wheel attached would be ideal. I don't mind so much that the case doesn't work with the wireless attachment (also bad, but I can live with it), but this one is a bad didn't check with real world beta users deal. And yes, the wheel really helps the device.

Thanks for your feedback.  Yeah, storing it away is the one thing I would hate the most but hopefully a third party company can come forward with a solution.  For now, I intend to store it away using the gimbal guard I have, with one of those meshy sleeves that come with the Anker chargers. Even a sock will do the trick.  Lol.
2019-2-13
Use props
UKJeff2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

#Quick Reply Here#PolarPro Minimalist Case for DJI Osmo Pocket
2019-2-13
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
American Samoa

UKJeff2 Posted at 2-13 10:28
#Quick Reply Here#PolarPro Minimalist Case for DJI Osmo Pocket

Yeah that one looks awesome but I hardly use a backpack.  It will be nice if PolarPro can design a smaller case/sleeve just for the OP and the controller so it fits in my pocket.  
2019-2-13
Use props
UKJeff2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Joemar7 Posted at 2-13 14:25
Yeah that one looks awesome but I hardly use a backpack.  It will be nice if PolarPro can design a smaller case/sleeve just for the OP and the controller so it fits in my pocket.

It fits in a large pocket.

2019-2-13
Use props
NorthTexasAerials
lvl.1
United States

Joemar7 Posted at 2-13 14:25
Yeah that one looks awesome but I hardly use a backpack.  It will be nice if PolarPro can design a smaller case/sleeve just for the OP and the controller so it fits in my pocket.

That's what I'm looking for.
2019-2-13
Use props
UKJeff2
lvl.2

United Kingdom

NorthTexasAerials Posted at 2-13 16:27
That's what I'm looking for.

I'm pleased with it.
2019-2-14
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wheel works well for me so far.  Have used the Wifi thing a few times and never the mount piece.
2019-2-14
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Oh, very much recommend it. Works well. Adds some control to the pan and tilt
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Joemar7 Posted at 2-13 08:13
Thanks, DJI Stephen.  Unfortunately, it is out of stock and same thing with the phone adapter.

You are very much welcome Joemar7 and thank you for supporting DJI.
2019-2-15
Use props
Joemar7
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I pulled the trigger and bought a controller wheel.  Wow, you guys were right.  It’ really is a game changer.  Thanks again for your feedback!  
2019-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules