Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PolarPro Osmo Pocket Tripod Mount While Charging
1895 6 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmwierz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

I picked up a PolarPro Osmo Pocket tripod mount last week. For the most part, I love it. It's well built, innovative, secure, and has two 1-4"-20 threads; one on the bottom, and one on the side.

There are a couple issues with it, though. While you can use items attached to the accessory port (your phone, the scroll wheel thingy, etc.), you canNOT put the tripod mount on or take it off, with ANYTHING on the accessory port of the Pocket (other than the blank cover). This means having to take your phone connector off and put it back on every time your use the PP tripod mount/case, EVEN when the connector is facing inward.

This might not be a big deal, but it worries me that this connection is probably the most fragile thing on the Pocket, and I'm not excited to be overusing it.
And, and even bigger issue in my opinion is the fact that you can't plug a USB-C cord into the bottom of the Pocket while it's actually attached to a tripod mount. Yes, there is a hole in the bottom of the PP tripod mount to allow access to the USB-C port on the Pocket, but no cable/plug will be able to squeeze in there, unless your tripod mounting pad is REALLY small. Even a right angle USB-C cable requires 1/2" of room, and there's nowhere near that clearance under the PP mount.

I've come up with a workaround by rummaging through my studio lighting box: a 3" lone female-to-female 1/4"-20 extension. See photos.

I'm glad I figured this out. I was doing a long time lapse the other day that lasted 2 hours. Now way I could've done this without being able to use an external power source.
IMG_6972.jpg
IMG_6973.jpg
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day dmwierz. Thank you for sharing in this information and your experience with us in setting up your DJI Osmo Pocket and thank you for your support.
2019-2-12
Use props
PolarPro_Brendan
lvl.1

United States

Hi dmwierz, Though we understand the concern, through our testing we have not found any issues with continually adding and removing the adapters to install the mount has not had any negative effects. If you do encounter an issue, we would recommend contacting the DJI support team. Thanks for your feedback on your experience with the tripod mount and note of the solution you have found for connecting the USB-C!
2019-2-12
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing!
2019-2-12
Use props
JPW1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53323 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there a better solution than this to charge your Osmo Pocket 2 while it is attached to a tripod?
2023-1-6
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Thanks for sharing this, handy to keep in mind in case I need it later on. The position of the USB-C port is not the handiest one on the Pocket cameras.
2023-1-6
Use props
GarethWilliams
New
Flight distance : 41778 ft
United Kingdom

Hello, I'm a new member so I can't start my own thread so apologise for jumping onto this one, when I try it says I do not have permission and takes me to a rules page.

I have a DJI Pocket and currently have the WiFi module that has a tripod thread on the bottom which will allow me attach to a tripod if I want to be hands free and further away from the camera but the problem is the USB-C port on the side of the WiFi module is recessed slightly and the aperture too small to allow the DJI mic adaptor to connect.

I have the controller wheel attached to the Pocket also and use a Rode Wireless Go mic.

Does anyone know if this Polar Pro Stativ System ( PP-PCKT-TRI-BASE ) with some sort of extender between the case and tripod will allow me to have the controller wheel attached, the mic adaptor plugged into the Pocket and have the ability to connect to a tripod or does such a set up not exist?

Thanks
2023-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules