Long recordings issue
712 4 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gr8fulTed
lvl.2
United States

I have the Osmo Pocket and truly am enjoying learning to use it.

However, yesterday I wanted use it to record 2 long meetings (60-90 minutes), so I did. But when I went to download them to my computer for processing, I found that in both cases, the Pocket had broken them up into increments of about 5:30 minutes. Now I have to join all of them together for each meeting, meaning lots more editing.

What am I missing? Is 5:30 the maximum length of recording anything the Pocket can do? Will I always have to edit them all together?
I should also mention that the Pocket was plugged into the WiFi stand and I used my iPhone to monitor things occassionally.

Thanks for any tips, tricks, guidance you might have.

2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. For Osmo Pocket, the video splitting mechanism is the same as other aircraft. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. Please see the explanation below for your reference. Kindly keep us posted if you have other concerns. Thank you for continued support.

1. For SD cards with a memory less than 64GB, the only FAT32 file system can be used (SD Association stipulates that files can be formatted into exFAT in Windows system for non-standard usage). Files larger than 4GB cannot be stored on a FAT32 volume.

2. For SD cards with a memory greater than or equal to 64GB, the only exFAT file system can be used (which is specified by SD Association). Theoretically, a single file can exceed 4GB. However, in order to avoid errors resulted from files being too large, we still split files when the capacity exceeds 4GB.
2019-2-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

FWIW, it's pretty easy to link movie files using iMovie.  Fire it up and watch the beginner tutorials.  What you have discovered isn't unusual when using SD cards for storage.
2019-2-12
Use props
Gr8fulTed
lvl.2
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2-12 14:59
FWIW, it's pretty easy to link movie files using iMovie.  Fire it up and watch the beginner tutorials.  What you have discovered isn't unusual when using SD cards for storage.

WebParrot:
Thanks for the response. Since I have not been into video hardly at all, I was completely unware that the files would be broken up like that.

That being said, I did actually take it into my iMovie software and found that it comes out as one long, smooth video, as you mention if I drag the files into the software in order. I was just unware prior to shooting. Too bad one can't just drag a long file into the correct folder rather than having to do the extra steps.
Thanks again for your response.

2019-2-12
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gr8fulTed Posted at 2-12 15:38
WebParrot:
Thanks for the response. Since I have not been into video hardly at all, I was completely unware that the files would be broken up like that.

You're very welcome.... :-)
2019-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules