1383 10 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greetings: maybe someone else has this problem.  Recently each time that I begin a flight I get a compass calibration error, and I mean every time for the last 2 weeks.  I was flying in different locations for each occurance but as stated; before this started occuring recently I don't remember ever getting a compass calibration error for my MP1 or the M2P.  After conducting the calibration it works just fine but it is annoying.   Any assistance would be great
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to clarify if the application would keep asking you to re-calibrate the compass upon turning on the unit? If yes, I would recommend refreshing the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 and re-calibrate the IMU as well as the compass to see if there will be changes. Please refer to the link below for you to download the application. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2019-2-12
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-12 13:34
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to clarify if the application would keep asking you to re-calibrate the compass upon turning on the unit? If yes, I would recommend refreshing the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 and re-calibrate the IMU as well as the compass to see if there will be changes. Please refer to the link below for you to download the application. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

Hi and thanks for responding.  No; once I conduct the calibration and start the aircraft everything goes without issue.  
2019-2-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It is the new way dji set up their aircraft, when you change location it’s going to force you to calibrate, and although it seems a bit ridiculous and th3 whole thing seems ultra sensitive, the the proof is simply Mavic pro2 and Mavic Air seem to have extremely small amounts of problems regarding compass, so maybe this forced calibration is actually working.
2019-2-12
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Hello. Can you describe your takeoff, is it from the ground or by hand for example, away from metal and electromagnetic objects? I mean did you try to change your takeoff place by couple of meters?
2019-2-12
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-12 13:55
It is the new way dji set up their aircraft, when you change location it’s going to force you to calibrate, and although it seems a bit ridiculous and th3 whole thing seems ultra sensitive, the the proof is simply Mavic pro2 and Mavic Air seem to have extremely small amounts of problems regarding compass, so maybe this forced calibration is actually working.

Thats a very good point!  Minor obstical for a great flight.  
2019-2-12
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Vendex Posted at 2-12 14:04
Hello. Can you describe your takeoff, is it from the ground or by hand for example, away from metal and electromagnetic objects? I mean did you try to change your takeoff place by couple of meters?

Hi: yes I did move the aircraft each time to see if the error would go away.  I always take off from the ground and the locations are quite random when this happens and of recent it has been each time I changed location.  

No; not much in the way of metal, as I am aware of that issue from flying DJI drones for so long.  I think that Hallmark007 has a point.  I think I will quit complaining because the drone has very few issues and if the forced calibration is makeing things smoother, then so be it!  
2019-2-12
Use props
fans77b0d87d
New
Flight distance : 3179 ft
Argentina

DJI Tony Posted at 2-12 13:34
Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I would like to clarify if the application would keep asking you to re-calibrate the compass upon turning on the unit? If yes, I would recommend refreshing the firmware of your aircraft using the DJI Assistant 2 and re-calibrate the IMU as well as the compass to see if there will be changes. Please refer to the link below for you to download the application. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.

Hi Tony.

Is this something common that needs done? I’ve flew my Mavic Air in Russia, Mongolia, China, South Korea, Japan and New Zealand with no issues since September.

I landed in Chile 10 days ago (a Mecca for drone use) and now in Argentina (another Mecca) yet have no been able to launch the Mavic Air whatsoever. Despite the compass appearing nice and green in the interference screen it simply won’t calibrate.

There has been a time when I could launch it before any checks take place whatsoever but as soon as I land the drone the message kicks in and hey presto no chance to launch again. Bizarrely as I walked with the drone every so often it would flicker green then the message would return.

What has happened since the end of January to the Mavic firmware / software et al?

It’s fair to say I know how to calibrate the drone and am familiar with pretty much every fault of it (so many issues in China) but this is driving me up the wall.

Thanks
Garry

2019-2-13
Use props
fans77b0d87d
New
Flight distance : 3179 ft
Argentina

hallmark007 Posted at 2-12 13:55

Hey - do you know when this all kicked in?

In on a global trip and have no issues recalibrating at a new location (happy to do so), however in the last 10 days it simply won’t calibrate at all. The ‘cannot take off, please move or recalibrate compass’ sign is permenant.

I’ve been in different locations hundreds of miles apart, no metal whatsoever (to try and resolve issue) which I don’t think is the problem anyway as I’ve been flying it since September all around the world with a backpack on (camera etc) with no problems other than recalibrating at a new location.

I’m at my wits end with the Mavic Air and was contemplating trading it and upgrading as right now it’s a piece of junk...don’t want to do that if the upgrade has the same flaws though due to a release.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. From what I have read South America seems a hotbed for drone issues but I can’t imagine why (I flew in NZ / Southern Hemisphere already without a problem)

Thanks
Garry
2019-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans77b0d87d Posted at 2-13 16:41
Hey - do you know when this all kicked in?

In on a global trip and have no issues recalibrating at a new location (happy to do so), however in the last 10 days it simply won’t calibrate at all. The ‘cannot take off, please move or recalibrate compass’ sign is permenant.

All I can tell you is it all changed with Mavic Air and continued with M2 .
2019-2-13
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

I have noticed I am needing to calibrate the M2P whenever I fly it. It’s always in a different area. I don’t mimd at all.  In fact, it’s part of my pre-flight checklist.
2019-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules