Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New FAA rule requires visible registration number on AC
123Next >
3767 88 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-2-13
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-13 09:12
Unless its changed, according to part 107, only a representative of the FAA has legal authority over drones. If you are or look intoxicated ar anything not normally accepted, they can approach you about that.

I’m certain that if you cause damage to any person or property police will have all the authority they need .
2019-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Why would anyone object to this , it surely makes good sense .
2019-2-13
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-13
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-13 10:39
According to the current FAA regs if a person is not injured seriously and the damage is under $500, it does not even have to be reported to the FAA unless the FAA and the FAA only, asks for it. As far as the police, it is no different than if you hit someone or did damage with say a golf ball or baseball. Of course you are responsible for the action and they can take what ever action is required. That has nothing to do with it being a uav.
Bye Y'all... Fly Safe.

Ridiculous statement, if you hit anyone or anything with a UAV it has everything to do with it being a UAV.
2019-2-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2-13 07:43
I am not aware of this law that that allows a local or even state police officer the authority to regulate federal airspace. Please show me if you have time. I understand the public property and ordinances respectfully, but if I take off from my back yard/private property or even an area there is no ordinace and fly over a nearby park where drones are prohibited, they have ZERO authority and I am the type of person that will challenge it.  bring it.

everything is explained in here.
2019-2-13
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 2-12 18:10
I am against most regulations but these drones are capable of entering and intefering with manned aircraft. Unfortunately like in all things, there are some idiots out there who mess it up for the rest. I think the fines and punishment are way out of line but thats our government.
For me, I printed out a black box with white lettering on it and attached it with a piece of scotch tape. I put it on the top of the leg as it is plenty visable on the ground when its with me and out of sight while in the air. To me its about the same as airplane identification. I also hope it may help if lost for someone trying to return it.
I painted out the numbers...

Does it have to be on the body of the drone or on one of its legs is fine?
2019-2-13
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

I'm sorry... I found this discussion and replied on the Mavic 2 section before I found it in the General Discussion section.  So to save me some time, I just cut and paste here...

The reasoning is that there are evil people out there that love to set booby traps for First Responders.  Such as trigger devices that go off when opened.  As a retired First Responder, I totally understand and agree with the directive.  Before my next flight, I fully plan on putting a sticker with my number on the outside of my drone.  Put yourself in their position.  A drone comes down someplace with a large amount of people, or in a restricted area.  In this day and time, they aren't going to walk up to it and pull the battery out looking for a number.  There is a very strong possibility that a small, remote control robot will rollup to your drone and blow the top off of it with a shotgun.  You may think that I'm kidding, but I've seen many suitcases, abandoned boxes, and other containers blown apart that way.  I'd rather have them find my number on top, look me up and call me BEFORE they blow my drone to pieces.  I've been the officer in charge on some of these calls and I've had no problem with them blowing something away to be safe.  
2019-2-13
Use props
Bob Brown
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2-13 16:15
I'm sorry... I found this discussion and replied on the Mavic 2 section before I found it in the General Discussion section.  So to save me some time, I just cut and paste here...

Could easily slap a reg sticker on a bomb; all the same. The reg# on the device does not make it safe.
2019-2-13
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 2-13 11:40
everything is explained in here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLfydU4gNF4

Did you notice the date on this video?
2019-2-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 2-13 17:32
Did you notice the date on this video?

Iso , I was headed out when I posted it.
2019-2-13
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 2-13 17:41
Iso , I was headed out when I posted it.

lol n/m crap too omg i am an idiot for not reading rofl sorry Woe
2019-2-13
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 2-13 17:06
Could easily slap a reg sticker on a bomb; all the same. The reg# on the device does not make it safe.

Nope.. sure don't...  but it does allow them to look up the number, call you up and have your little hind end on the scene prior to them moving it.  
2019-2-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 2-13 18:00
lol n/m crap too omg i am an idiot for not reading rofl sorry Woe

No worries
2019-2-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2-13 18:25
Nope.. sure don't...  but it does allow them to look up the number, call you up and have your little hind end on the scene prior to them moving it.

FAA drone registration does not include one's telephone number.
2019-2-13
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
United States

You don't think that law enforcement can't find a contact number someplace? Sorry,  but I'm one that flies responsible and obeys the law. I don't have the slightest problem with putting my registration number on the outside of my drone. Each to there own sir.
2019-2-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2-13 19:19
You don't think that law enforcement can't find a contact number someplace? Sorry,  but I'm one that flies responsible and obeys the law. I don't have the slightest problem with putting my registration number on the outside of my drone. Each to there own sir.

Let's assume first responders at some point in the future have a level of secure access to the FAA registration database, which contains your email, home address + credit card info, so, given time, they could certainly find your telephone number -- but does a bomb squad have that much time?

I actually have no problem with a regulation that requires external placement, but I'm having a hard time understanding the stated rationale for it.
2019-2-13
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2-13 19:00
FAA drone registration does not include one's telephone number.

You know what? I needed to update my registration as I've since moved, and while it's not required, there is a field for phone number. So the FAA has at least some drone user's phone numbers.

Also, while they capture your credit card info to process the registration fee, they may or may not have stored it along with your profile data -- in any event it wasn't accessible to me when I updated  my address. I'm guessing they don't actually keep your CC info for security reasons.

2019-2-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2-13 10:55
Ridiculous statement, if you hit anyone or anything with a UAV it has everything to do with it being a UAV.

i cant wait for the FAA to start outsourcing to India because thats going to absolutely insane rate of reports, imagine every time a spark's battery falls out...cant touch it, FAA needs to come out and do crash assessments..   crash you mavic into a tree.. call the FAA, $10 props just got smashed.  drone crashed into windowshelf of a car... lets call FAA have them shut scene down and annoy existing investigators.    also, FAA does not investigate every since crash report with manned aircraft already.  

very common, at-least in the US that if number a certain nominal value, and no fatalities directly related.... not even worth reporting beyond minimal authorities, if anyone.
2019-2-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry... I found this discussion and replied on the Mavic 2 section before I found it in the General Discussion section.  So to save me some time, I just cut and paste here...

what BS conspiracy theory is this..?    if someone going to wire a bomb they will either  A. not going to have any reg number shown anywhere.. or B. going to steal someone else's since FAA wants everyone to have it in plane sight.  so why does reg number even matter?    so who fears a drone, downed by a tree or ran out of power over your roof or property is likely a bomb..? seriously...?  

sure if this was a combat zone..fear it may be rigged to blow is real, but in rest of the world where biggest enemy is winey neighbors and getting caught in a tree...no.  also reason that bombers use suitcases and luggage... size and weight, good luck being able to booby trap a battery compartment on a tightly fitted drone with enough exploses to do any worthwhile damage...  give them slow applase for spending ton of money on the failed attempt.

also serious question again.. does a registration number on the side of a drone in plane sight suddenly render the battery compartment bomb safe?
2019-2-13
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2-13 21:59
what BS conspiracy theory is this..?    if someone going to wire a bomb they will either  A. not going to have any reg number shown anywhere.. or B. going to steal someone else's since FAA wants everyone to have it in plane sight.  so why does reg number even matter?    so who fears a drone, downed by a tree or ran out of power over your roof or property is likely a bomb..? seriously...?  

sure if this was a combat zone..fear it may be rigged to blow is real, but in rest of the world where biggest enemy is winey neighbors and getting caught in a tree...no.  also reason that bombers use suitcases and luggage... size and weight, good luck being able to booby trap a battery compartment on a tightly fitted drone with enough exploses to do any worthwhile damage...  give them slow applase for spending ton of money on the failed attempt.

Go back and read my post.  I said nothing about finding one in the brush or under a tree in a field.  I said in a crowd or a public forum.  Whattever the reason, the FAA has adopted this rule.  Is this the same group of fliers that complain about those that violate the rules?  That fly adjacent to the airports?  That disrupt travel for others?  I have mine under the battery.  I'm about to put them on the outside in compliance with the rules that everyone on this site claims to follow.  To me, it ain't a big deal to put the sticker on the OUTSIDE where they should have been all along.  
I've been a first responder for 40+ years and there are some REALLY stupid people out there.  We don't take chances.  The LAW now says that we need to put the stickers on the outside.  Fine.  I'm going to do that.  Why argue about it.  
Come on guys... mellow out some.  WHATEVER the reason, it's in the books now.  It don't affect your flying.  It don't affect your locations that you can fly in.  As a First Responder, I sure wouldn't want to be the one to take the battery out looking for an ID number.  I've seen too many evil/Stupid people in my chosen profession.  
2019-2-14
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2-13 21:45
i cant wait for the FAA to start outsourcing to India because thats going to absolutely insane rate of reports, imagine every time a spark's battery falls out...cant touch it, FAA needs to come out and do crash assessments..   crash you mavic into a tree.. call the FAA, $10 props just got smashed.  drone crashed into windowshelf of a car... lets call FAA have them shut scene down and annoy existing investigators.    also, FAA does not investigate every since crash report with manned aircraft already.  

very common, at-least in the US that if number a certain nominal value, and no fatalities directly related.... not even worth reporting beyond minimal authorities, if anyone.

what the heck does that have to do with the question at hand?
2019-2-14
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The warranty does not permit "modifying" the drone
2019-2-14
Use props
Matthew Chirico
Second Officer
Flight distance : 769160 ft
United States

we need a thread with current and running FAA regulations in lamens terms...do we have this?
2019-2-14
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2-14 05:16
Go back and read my post.  I said nothing about finding one in the brush or under a tree in a field.  I said in a crowd or a public forum.  Whattever the reason, the FAA has adopted this rule.  Is this the same group of fliers that complain about those that violate the rules?  That fly adjacent to the airports?  That disrupt travel for others?  I have mine under the battery.  I'm about to put them on the outside in compliance with the rules that everyone on this site claims to follow.  To me, it ain't a big deal to put the sticker on the OUTSIDE where they should have been all along.  
I've been a first responder for 40+ years and there are some REALLY stupid people out there.  We don't take chances.  The LAW now says that we need to put the stickers on the outside.  Fine.  I'm going to do that.  Why argue about it.  
Come on guys... mellow out some.  WHATEVER the reason, it's in the books now.  It don't affect your flying.  It don't affect your locations that you can fly in.  As a First Responder, I sure wouldn't want to be the one to take the battery out looking for an ID number.  I've seen too many evil/Stupid people in my chosen profession.

Nice to see the other side of the coin so to speak. If the rules become to stupid i will not take my recurrent exam. I will just go back to being stupid hobby flyer and no more 107 flights....but actually 107 cert is good for life. Only recurrent exam when you want to be legal again hehe
2019-2-14
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2-13 19:30
Let's assume first responders at some point in the future have a level of secure access to the FAA registration database, which contains your email, home address + credit card info, so, given time, they could certainly find your telephone number -- but does a bomb squad have that much time?

I actually have no problem with a regulation that requires external placement, but I'm having a hard time understanding the stated rationale for it.

Well, actually, they already have access to that information.  It might take a few minutes, but they have access to it.  And the incidents that I've been on, yes they have the time.  They get in no rush.  Robots first, Xrays, examination, interviews with witnesses with the area secured with no access.  The robot goes in and drags the object away from people and then they blow the thing open.  No risk to life unless needed.  

And I can't believe this entire thread is over posting your FAA number on the outside of your drone.  WOO HOO...  big deal.  
2019-2-14
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2-14 11:17
Well, actually, they already have access to that information.  It might take a few minutes, but they have access to it.  And the incidents that I've been on, yes they have the time.  They get in no rush.  Robots first, Xrays, examination, interviews with witnesses with the area secured with no access.  The robot goes in and drags the object away from people and then they blow the thing open.  No risk to life unless needed.  

And I can't believe this entire thread is over posting your FAA number on the outside of your drone.  WOO HOO...  big deal.

So walk me through this, because what you do/did is interesting to me -- first responders call up the FAA or login directly, get the registration owner's phone and give them a call. What then happens to determine that the drone is likely safe? What happens if the person can't be reached? Do they blow up the drone at that point? Thanks.
2019-2-15
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2-15 06:01
So walk me through this, because what you do/did is interesting to me -- first responders call up the FAA or login directly, get the registration owner's phone and give them a call. What then happens to determine that the drone is likely safe? What happens if the person can't be reached? Do they blow up the drone at that point? Thanks.

More than Likely, IF the drone is in a dangerous spot such as a stadium, crowd of people, concert, amusement park they would treat it TOTALLY differant than if it was found in a field or stuck in the top of a tree.   

What the exact procedures are now, I have no idea since I've been retired for a number of years and I wasn't in the EOD portion anyway.  But I have been through enough EOD familiarization training in order to support the experts in the field and enough to begin the preliminary work before their arrival.  And even if I did know everything, I sure wouldn't broadcast them here.  But I've seen suitcases, boxes, backpacks blown up BECAUSE they were found abandoned, in a highly trafficed area or in a critical location, such as found next to a power transformer for a health care facility, or at the main entrance to a large grocery store.  Would you rather them just walk up there and tear it open??  Why when you go to an airport do you hear Non-Stop Announcements over the PA system about leaving articles alone?  Or security asking you if someone has given you something to carry prior to getting on the plane?  Trust me on this, there is a whole lot more to EOD than just "Cut the red wire."  I've got no doubt that if someone lost a drone and it was found high in a tree, or crashed in the brush, or underwater at a lake, then there would be no suspicion at all.  But a Matrice or an Inspire or even a Mavic pro found at an occupied football stadium or at an airport?  Sure.  Yes, I know that if someone would be attempting something bad, they wouldn't be putting stickers that can be cross checked on the drone.  It's another step to help identify the owner before something irreversable happens to your drone.  

THIS is the reason the the decision was made to post the numbers on the OUTSIDE of the drone.  THIS is the reason that the decision was made without the usual delay/waiting/gather input period.  

So... I've explained some of why this procedure has come about.  So now, my turn.  Please explain to me why the big hub-bub over putting a small sticker on the outside of your drone rather than in the battery compartment?  
2019-2-15
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2-15 10:00
More than Likely, IF the drone is in a dangerous spot such as a stadium, crowd of people, concert, amusement park they would treat it TOTALLY differant than if it was found in a field or stuck in the top of a tree.   

What the exact procedures are now, I have no idea since I've been retired for a number of years and I wasn't in the EOD portion anyway.  But I have been through enough EOD familiarization training in order to support the experts in the field and enough to begin the preliminary work before their arrival.  And even if I did know everything, I sure wouldn't broadcast them here.  But I've seen suitcases, boxes, backpacks blown up BECAUSE they were found abandoned, in a highly trafficed area or in a critical location, such as found next to a power transformer for a health care facility, or at the main entrance to a large grocery store.  Would you rather them just walk up there and tear it open??  Why when you go to an airport do you hear Non-Stop Announcements over the PA system about leaving articles alone?  Or security asking you if someone has given you something to carry prior to getting on the plane?  Trust me on this, there is a whole lot more to EOD than just "Cut the red wire."  I've got no doubt that if someone lost a drone and it was found high in a tree, or crashed in the brush, or underwater at a lake, then there would be no suspicion at all.  But a Matrice or an Inspire or even a Mavic pro found at an occupied football stadium or at an airport?  Sure.  Yes, I know that if someone would be attempting something bad, they wouldn't be putting stickers that can be cross checked on the drone.  It's another step to help identify the owner before something irreversable happens to your drone.  

As for why the hub-bub, I've already stated I have no problem with exterior placement, but as for everyone else, maybe online debate is more fun than filling out crossword puzzles? ;)

So Fair enough, but why wouldn't a terrorist put on a reg number, either faked, stolen or created under false pretenses?

If safety is the asserted concern here, it seems to me that blowing up all found drones in suspicious locations is the only truly safe thing to do. If that's the case, maybe the real reason for visible reg number placement is that law enforcement just wants some kind of lead to follow, even if chances are slim that it will bear fruit, and expect non-visible reg placements to be damaged or destroyed during the controlled detonation process.

As for first responders having direct access to the registry, I mentioned that because I haven't come across any news of such access, though I don't discount it as something that could be made available in the future -- correct me if I'm wrong and it's something already in use.

My thinking was that law enforcement has to contact the FAA to get the number matched in their database. Then that database has to have a phone number, which we know isn't required for registration (though many likely offer it up as I did), or look up a number associated with an address, and that person has to be listed and reachable at the time of the operation, and finally, the person at the end of the phone has to be able to convince law enforcement that it's not a bomb.

Just seemed unlikely that first responder resources would be tied up for the amount of time it could take, and it would be easier for the bomb squad to "shoot and ask questions later," but maybe I'm missing something and defer to your experience.
2019-2-15
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2-12 17:47
From the FAA Drone Reg FAQ: https://federaldroneregistration.com/faq/

The FAA may assess civil penalties up to $27,500. Criminal penalties include fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years.

Except that if someone hollowed out a drone to put a bomb in it it wouldn't fly and therefore not be a drone any more...and wouldn't require FAA registration.

They don't seem to have thought their cunning plan all the way through.
2019-2-15
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

Far_North Posted at 2-13 07:46
Here in Canada we have the same rule as of June 1st.
I really don't see why some people are so against it.  It's not a bug deal.  Seems some people will put more effort, physical and mental, into trying not to follow this rule than what it would take to just put the darn number on their drone.

Effectively it's not a big deal, but it indicates that policy makers are easily swayed by BOOGA-BOOGA-SCARY-DRONE arguments than actually thinking about it.

I'll comply, no problem.  But that's not my issue with it.
2019-2-15
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

I'm sorry... I found this discussion and replied on the Mavic 2 section before I found it in the General Discussion section.  So to save me some time, I just cut and paste here...

Under your scenario, I'd have to modify my MA battery, make room for enough explosives to be more than the power of a sparkler, wire a booby-trap trigger, and still be able to get the darned thing to fly in order to make your argument remotely relevant.

It's bed-wetting hysteria, plain and simple.
2019-2-15
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 2-15 15:06
Under your scenario, I'd have to modify my MA battery, make room for enough explosives to be more than the power of a sparkler, wire a booby-trap trigger, and still be able to get the darned thing to fly in order to make your argument remotely relevant.

It's bed-wetting hysteria, plain and simple.

Did anyone say anything about a mavic air?  Policy for one extends to all.  Why complain about a federal requirement that cost a few cents and doesn't interfere with flight time?  
2019-2-15
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
United States

Hey guys/gals in the USA  we had a great time while it lasted. Now we get to reap the rewards of all the idiots flying in all the wrong places....
2019-2-15
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 2-15 14:57
Except that if someone hollowed out a drone to put a bomb in it it wouldn't fly and therefore not be a drone any more...and wouldn't require FAA registration.

They don't seem to have thought their cunning plan all the way through.

Way too trusting....  Inspires can transport up to 3 pounds.  And who said explosives?  Look, I made it for 40+ years by looking and considering the worst case scenerio.  I look for the worst case.  What could happen.  How to stop it before it happens.  I been burned too many times by people out there.  Lighten up people.  It's a minor detail.  Big deal.  I went overboard.  I put two stickers on my drone.  And I bet it won't interfere with my flight time at all.  So chill, put the sticker on and have some wonderful flights.  
2019-2-15
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2-15 15:18
Did anyone say anything about a mavic air?  Policy for one extends to all.  Why complain about a federal requirement that cost a few cents and doesn't interfere with flight time?

That's precisely the problem.  "If the demand is small, why not just impose a bunch of rules?"

Note that I said I'd comply.  But you take exception to referencing the MA? Fine, Mavic Pro, Inspire, whatever, the same argument applies.  Rigging a commercial, off-the-shelf drone to fit your scenario above is a fantastical absurdity.

One dude tried to ignite a shoe over a decade ago and millions of people have to take them off every time they board an aircraft.  But it's no big deal, right?  It'll keep us safe, right?

Meanwhile, since the reaction of law enforcement will almost certainly be to dispose of a relatively meaningless object long before tracking down the owner, and ne'er-do-wells have no incentive to provide such a clue to the authorities, then how is this not just an exercise in making responsible flyers jump through more hoops?  

Again, I'll comply.  The point is that this injects a stupid idea in the public mind about the extreme danger of drones without any basis in reality.
2019-2-15
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
United States

Brad Bilger Posted at 2-15 15:24
Way too trusting....  Inspires can transport up to 3 pounds.  And who said explosives?  Look, I made it for 40+ years by looking and considering the worst case scenerio.  I look for the worst case.  What could happen.  How to stop it before it happens.  I been burned too many times by people out there.  Lighten up people.  It's a minor detail.  Big deal.  I went overboard.  I put two stickers on my drone.  And I bet it won't interfere with my flight time at all.  So chill, put the sticker on and have some wonderful flights.

Look at the worst case and then apply the rule that could maybe, possibly prevent it upon the masses despite it ever happening and without regard to the imposition.

I'm not trusting at all.  I just reject the notion that the imagined scenarios of a few LEOs should mean that everyone has obey a new requirement.  

But hey,  even if someone flies without an outboard sticker without any intent of malice, I guarantee you that at some point the'll have a penalty imposed on them for non-compliance even though that non-compliance had nothing to do with flying boobytraps or a threat to public safety.
2019-2-15
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

I have a Mavic Air and I'm no scofflaw but there just isn't a lot of space to place these numbers.

I already have my cell phone number clearly visible, so, I'd have to remove that to display my FAA reg numbers.  To me, displaying my cell phone number complies with the spirit of the law, which is stated;

...concerns about the risk a concealed explosive device might pose to first responders upon opening a compartment to find a drone’s registration number.

If someone finds my drone I can be identified, but more importantly, CONTACTED immediately.  Who knows what a local LE official would have to go through to find me using the FAA database but I get the feeling, it ain't a smooth or easy process.  A casual finder might never even attempt to contact the FAA -- and um,  I want my f'ing drone back!

Am I rationalizing because I don't wanna change how I have already marked my drone?  Yes.  I suppose eventually I'll comply but for now, I feel it's not necessary considering the fact that my cell phone number is in plain sight.

2019-2-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules