Feb 12-2019 Problem Unlocking Flight Zones - SOLVED
5245 5 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Inspired Inspire
lvl.1
United States

Per the FAA, we are presently unable to SELF unlock numerous flight zones in our controllers. (Why some will unlock and others will not is above my pay grade.)

We need to use the CUSTOM Unlock panel = http://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock

Here's the FAA response, after I emailed explaining all and that the zone I needed unlocked could not be done through Self-Unlocking.

Per the FAA:

Please kindly visit this link and submit a Custom Unlocking request for the designated area. http://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock

It is unnecessary to submit Authorization document for this area. (Please attach a blank document in step 1 to proceed )

The flight controller's serial number will be needed: (It can be found in the DJI GO app’s about page), please check the attached picture for your reference.

You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, or the issue is unsolved, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help.
Thanks for supporting DJI. Have a nice day!

Eventually the FAA will get their act together, or perhaps it's DJI that needs to get their act together. Eventually it will all work out but for now it's a royal pain in the left buttock!!!

Safe flying all !! :-)

2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for  sharing this information here in DJI Forum. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-2-12
Use props
Inspired Inspire
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE: Here are the specific Flight Controller unlock directions for each version of the DJI Go App. Cut and paste this in your browser: flysafe-api.dji.com/en/help/unlock
2019-2-13
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

How does one maintain the full functionality of their *NOT chinese toy drone* and operate in controlled airspace when it's set up such that you can't even fly autonomous missions when you're approved to do so by the FAA?

"Custom Unlocking may disable certain autonomous features like waypoint navigation on the Phantom 3 Series, Inspire 1 Series, M100 and other models. Please plan to fly your equipment manually."

2019-2-13
Use props
tyrelljason0gmail.com
lvl.1
United States

HyperSpectral Posted at 2019-2-13 06:03
How does one maintain the full functionality of their *NOT chinese toy drone* and operate in controlled airspace when it's set up such that you can't even fly autonomous missions when you're approved to do so by the FAA?

"Custom Unlocking may disable certain autonomous features like waypoint navigation on the Phantom 3 Series, Inspire 1 Series, M100 and other models. Please plan to fly your equipment manually."

Mine kept telling me that the unlock was successful and then prompt me to click yes but once I click yes it brought me right back to square one asking me to unlock and this is a place I've flown before, first time it was not working and I had to go get Wi-Fi once I did that it's still was not working until I updated the Geo maps and that it took right off but then about two weeks later I went to fly the exact same route taking off from the exact same place for reshoots and the thing is a $2,000 paper weight, finally after I keep attempting to unlock and turning the thing on and off about 90 times it worked but almost cost me the gig
2020-2-15
Use props
tyrelljason0gmail.com
lvl.1
United States

tyrelljason0gmail.com Posted at 2-15 12:58
Mine kept telling me that the unlock was successful and then prompt me to click yes but once I click yes it brought me right back to square one asking me to unlock and this is a place I've flown before, first time it was not working and I had to go get Wi-Fi once I did that it's still was not working until I updated the Geo maps and that it took right off but then about two weeks later I went to fly the exact same route taking off from the exact same place for reshoots and the thing is a $2,000 paper weight, finally after I keep attempting to unlock and turning the thing on and off about 90 times it worked but almost cost me the gig

And I also got the unable to use autonomous features which did not happen the first time I was there
2020-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules