P4A reporting wrong altitude
794 7 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cord51
lvl.1

United States

I just got the P4A back last week from dji ,its the 4th time they had to either replace or repair since buying it new last july .no crashes all issues were fixed or replace for free but now im noticing when flying the altitude is off after taking off and it seems to loose altiude by a few feet while yawing or flying around anyone else experiencing this .whats the deal
2019-2-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The aircraft uses a barometric altimeter, works by reading air pressure, and the same as used in most light aircraft. The accuracy is not that great due to variations in air pressure as you are flying. Below 3 Metres, it uses an ultrasonic height measuring system that is more accurate.
2019-2-12
Use props
cord51
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2-12 16:43
The aircraft uses a barometric altimeter, works by reading air pressure, and the same as used in most light aircraft. The accuracy is not that great due to variations in air pressure as you are flying. Below 3 Metres, it uses an ultrasonic height measuring system that is more accurate.

thanks for responding  the issues ive notice is happening at like 5-8 feet in the air
2019-2-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi cord51, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you upload some sample of the altitude issue do you refer to? Also, please kindly provide us with your previous case number, we'd like to check the exact status, thank you so much!
2019-2-12
Use props
cord51
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2-12 18:14
Hi cord51, sorry for the inconvenience. Could you upload some sample of the altitude issue do you refer to? Also, please kindly provide us with your previous case number, we'd like to check the exact status, thank you so much!

I packaged it up and shipped it in to repair  I not flying like it should and really the fact that its not common enough to have people saying its common tells me something is not working correct
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

cord51 Posted at 2-13 06:51
I packaged it up and shipped it in to repair  I not flying like it should and really the fact that its not common enough to have people saying its common tells me something is not working correct

Hi cord51. Sorry to hear that you needed to send the aircraft for repairs. However, I was able to pull up the case you've requested online and will formally request to check and see thoroughly the issues you had with your DJI Phantom 4 Advanced. Rest assured that you will be notified with the important updates once they receive the aircraft. We thank you for your patience.
2019-2-13
Use props
cord51
lvl.1

United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2-13 10:32
Hi cord51. Sorry to hear that you needed to send the aircraft for repairs. However, I was able to pull up the case you've requested online and will formally request to check and see thoroughly the issues you had with your DJI Phantom 4 Advanced. Rest assured that you will be notified with the important updates once they receive the aircraft. We thank you for your patience.

please do Diana
I have had so many issues this will be the 4th time ive had to send in the P4A since purchasing in July
thank you
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

cord51 Posted at 2-13 10:43
please do Diana
I have had so many issues this will be the 4th time ive had to send in the P4A since purchasing in July
thank you

Hi cord51. No worries. I will keep an eye with regards to your case. Your patience is very much appreciated.
2019-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules