Question about 1st drone purchase
503 9 2019-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kenpodrone
lvl.1

Canada

Hello,

I want to buy a Mavic drone, I have questions about the few I am looking at. So, between the Mavic 2 Pro, The platinum pro and the Pro 2 with Hasselblad camera. Which will give me the best value I am not using it for work and am an amateur, but I do like a good camera, does the Hasselblad camera worth the extra $500 difference in a bundle package I have been looking at?

2019-2-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

If your not using it work, any of the Mavic's  will do, You can't go wrong either way.
The Mavic Air, Pro, Pro platinum, Pro Alpine white, Zoom and of course the Pro 2.

I have the Original MP and now the Zoom and make money using both.
2019-2-12
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Honestly depend on what you as a photographer and pilot are capable off. You can buy the best camera, and still get crappy shots.

To me, the MP2 camera was worth it, but I still get beautiful images with my Mavic Air as well. If you use your photography knowledge, shooting golden hours etc, you can get winning images on any of the Mavics. That said, If you are serious about image quality, nothing beat the MP2 camera wise, at the moment. But like I said, a mediocre photographer will still only get fair shots from the MP2.
2019-2-13
Use props
DPOV
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

............."but I do like a good camera".....Mavic 2 Pro
2019-2-13
Use props
fanse141014b
lvl.1
United States

Hi Kenpodrone,
Recently I was also considering what drone to buy, I am a keen amateur photographer but had never flown a drone before. I was aiming towards a Mavic 2 Pro but after reading a lot of reviews I actually opted for the Mavic 2 Zoom. The main reasons for this, as stated in a lot of reviews, is the flexibility of having an optical zoom.

I have now had the Zoom for a couple of weeks and I have to say I am overly impressed. Firstly, the driveability of the drone is second to none, it really is easy but I did take special care and got comfortable with all the controls first in a safe open environment. Secondly, the interface is fairly straight forward and although I have not used all of the flight modes all of the one's I have used are easy to understand as is the basic configuration set up.  Lastly, the photo quality is much much better than I anticipated given the camera size and sensor size, this was not changing anything except the WB from Sunny or Cloudy mode, everything else was left at default. I was really blown away and now have two pictures ready to be blown up to canvas size for my hallway already! Wait until I learn more on these settings and configure them better!

Having not used the Pro, I would expect that the photos and video from this are of higher quality. However, being fixed at 28mm (equivalent) (I believe) is not so practical as having the equivalent of 24mm-48mm. We are limited to 120m maximum flying ceiling height here in UK, I am sure the wide 24mm makes a big difference over the 28mm in some of my shots.

I suppose the bottom line would be that either model you chose you will have a big smile on your face. I would recommend you have a think of what type of shots you are hoping to capture and if you need that extra resolution from the Pro or the versatility of the Zoom (with still exceptional camera quality).

Hope that helps. I felt I need to feedback since I also relied on forums like this to help in making my decision.

Cheers,
Mike.
2019-2-13
Use props
Gerhardt Kotze
New

South Africa

Good day. I bought the mavic 2 enterprise dual. Can someone tell me if I can also plot a route that we want to do as a saved route? Can i follow a target and what apps are compatible with the enterprise dual. Info on google very little regarding this model. We use it for neighborhood watch. Many thanks
2019-2-13
Use props
PWidmayer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 558268 ft
United States

Not sure what features the Enterprise has. The MP2 has waypoints in the DJI app. If there isnt a feature for that there are other things like DJI Ground station and Dronedeploy. Fly safe and good luck.
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Aside from other suggestion to help you with your decision on which Mavic series you would be purchasing, you may also visit our drones comparison for you to have a reference on the differences of these two drones. Please see the link below for further check. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/products/compare-consumer-drones
2019-2-13
Use props
*DM*
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Mavic 2 Pro
2019-2-13
Use props
Kenpodrone
lvl.1

Canada

fanse141014b Posted at 2-13 05:45
Hi Kenpodrone,
Recently I was also considering what drone to buy, I am a keen amateur photographer but had never flown a drone before. I was aiming towards a Mavic 2 Pro but after reading a lot of reviews I actually opted for the Mavic 2 Zoom. The main reasons for this, as stated in a lot of reviews, is the flexibility of having an optical zoom.

Thanks Mike you helped me greatly! Good day my friend
2019-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules