How to stop wobbling props and gimbal shake.
2868 20 2019-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,
I actually posted this on my other tread but I thought it worthwhile a seperate post of its own.

For those picking up either micro wobbles or vibration coming through on their camera, this work around might solve it. There are several clips on Youtube which give you an alternative methods of fixing prop wobble, inparticular with the red ones,such , gluing, adding shims, strapping stuff on, but this one seems a bit simpler.

As you can see from my previous posts I've been having really bad issues of wobble or shake coming through onto the camera. My conclusion...I think ! Is similar to bad alignment on a car wheel, if the loose props hit a certain frequency together or independently, they transfer tremors to the gimbal which can't deal with it and makes the shot unusable. Although I’ve only tried this a few times, it seems to sort it out, and it seems a pretty low cost way of dealing with it!

For those who try it, any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Phil

Prop Wobble Fix.jpg
2019-2-13
Use props
Webevision
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5906043 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

UPDATE- THIS DOES NOT WORK!!

Just when I thought I had cracked it, it actually made it worse! So please don't try this at home kids!

Sorry for all the false hope.
2019-2-15
Use props
ElectricLife Atellani
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Webevision Posted at 2-15 07:34
UPDATE- THIS DOES NOT WORK!!

Just when I thought I had cracked it, it actually made it worse! So please don't try this at home kids!

These work quite well and they can be added and removed in minutes:

2019-2-15
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

ElectricLife Atellani Posted at 2-15 14:04
[view_image]
[view_image]

Who make these?
2019-2-15
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

https://www.atellani.com/introducing-ultimadrone-dji-inspire-2-propellers-fix.html
They're selling these in a set of 6 shims: 4 x .005" thick and 2 x .006", all stainless steel. Really ultimate and permanent solution.
124726ytqz79c9hst6t9y9.jpg
2019-2-15
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-15 18:27
https://www.atellani.com/introducing-ultimadrone-dji-inspire-2-propellers-fix.html
They're selling these in a set of 6 shims: 4 x .005" thick and 2 x .006", all stainless steel. Really ultimate and permanent solution.

wow, pretty expensive but hope they solve the issues. I dont own an Inspire as yet  maybe soon though.
2019-2-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

BagoDJIoperator84 Posted at 2-16 05:36
wow, pretty expensive but hope they solve the issues. I dont own an Inspire as yet  maybe soon though.

Keep in mind that the rattling issue is not persistent nor consistent with Inspire prop mounts. Your's may be perfectly OK. Metal shims, however, seem to be the one and only permanent cure for these with loose props. DJI's rubber foam cushion inserts do camouflage the issue for a while, but doesn't solve it.
2019-2-16
Use props
BagoDJIoperator84
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-16 14:14
Keep in mind that the rattling issue is not persistent nor consistent with Inspire prop mounts. Your's may be perfectly OK. Metal shims, however, seem to be the one and only permanent cure for these with loose props. DJI's rubber foam cushion inserts do camouflage the issue for a while, but doesn't solve it.

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.
2019-2-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

BagoDJIoperator84 Posted at 2-17 05:12
Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.

Glad to help.
2019-2-17
Use props
dldp-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have commented on this issue before and again, I am not convinced that the rattling props are really an issue. Sure they make some noise when you spin them by hand but, Once those motors start up they lock in place and don't move because of the extream centrifugal force. I have made shims for my inspire and see no difference in flight with or without them. I do keep the shims in place just for a "warm fussy" feeling but other than that, Not sure they really do anything. Can anyone show me some real evidence that this has some real positive effect?

Regards,
Tom      
2019-2-18
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

dldp-sp Posted at 2-18 04:04
I have commented on this issue before and again, I am not convinced that the rattling props are really an issue. Sure they make some noise when you spin them by hand but, Once those motors start up they lock in place and don't move because of the extream centrifugal force. I have made shims for my inspire and see no difference in flight with or without them. I do keep the shims in place just for a "warm fussy" feeling but other than that, Not sure they really do anything. Can anyone show me some real evidence that this has some real positive effect?

Regards,

You're absolutely correct. The looseness/rattle is merely an annoyance and has nothing to do with propellers performance, vibrations or flight safety. With one correction: this is up-ward thrusting force (not centrifugal, as you think), which eliminates the rattle during flight.

Bottom line: all rattle eradicating solutions (sophisticated metal shims including) are developed by those of us who can not tolerate any imperfections ... Nothing more, nothing less.
2019-2-18
Use props
fansb1d527d7
New
Flight distance : 1573547 ft
Austria

ElectricLife Atellani Posted at 2-15 14:04
[view_image]
[view_image]

I have these as well, and they work great. However, I wish there would be a 0.003 Version as well.

Cheers
2019-2-18
Use props
ElectricLife Atellani
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

fansb1d527d7 Posted at 2-18 12:42
I have these as well, and they work great. However, I wish there would be a 0.003 Version as well.

Cheers

We might make a .004 series in the next batch (Not the one shipping these days).
2019-2-19
Use props
wisnia1010
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2234938 ft
  • >>>
Poland

ElectricLife Atellani Posted at 2-19 01:25
We might make a .004 series in the next batch (Not the one shipping these days).

Any discount for someone who bought an Atellani Ultimadrone Safety Kit in the past ?
2019-3-2
Use props
ElectricLife Atellani
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

wisnia1010 Posted at 3-2 01:26
Any discount for someone who bought an Atellani Ultimadrone Safety Kit in the past ?

Dear Wisnia1010, please write to: isabela@atellani.com
2019-3-2
Use props
DaBone
lvl.3

Sweden

And I just cut a little electric tape and stuff in the propeller. Works fine..
2019-3-2
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-15 18:27

Great, but!!!!

DJI have to come with a free solution , they will not come with it, wy, it's like this from the start and like you to buy a Inspire 3, so they will NOT come with a solution.
They tell you that it's not a problem and that's it

Thanks DJI, Great Job, NOT
2019-3-2
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DaBone Posted at 3-2 05:03
And I just cut a little electric tape and stuff in the propeller. Works fine..

For a while.
2019-3-2
Use props
DaBone
lvl.3

Sweden

Like everything else that cost a lot of money?
2019-3-15
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2-18 12:22
You're absolutely correct. The looseness/rattle is merely an annoyance and has nothing to do with propellers performance, vibrations or flight safety. With one correction: this is up-ward trusting force (not centrifugal, as you think), which eliminates the rattle during flight.

Bottom line: all rattle eradicating solutions (sophisticated metal shims including) are developed by those of us who can not tolerate any imperfections  ... Nothing more, nothing less.

I have these shims (Thanks Matthew) and I have to say my i2  is dialed in better than ever. It is quieter and flight characteristics are very stable and predictable like it should be. I would say if your props wobble use these shims.
2019-3-16
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

epicjib Posted at 3-16 06:52
I have these shims (Thanks Matthew) and I have to say my i2  is dialed in better than ever. It is quieter and flight characteristics are very stable and predictable like it should be. I would say if your props wobble use these shims.

Thank you, bro. I'm glad you're happy with these shims ...
2019-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules