AGRAS MG-1S TERRAIN FOLLOW RADAR ERROR
5762 14 2019-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

Please advise about a radar communication error.

"Height-measure radar and Rear Forecast Radar Communication Error"

I was operating normally and suddenly this error appeared (pic1) I continue flying as only 5 hectares were left to complete the mission in a flat terrain by disabling from the App the Terrain Follow Radar and switching to M mode adjusting the altitude to 2.5 meters. The MG1S then maintained an altitude of about 3 meters from the ground and completed the task.

After cleaning the MG1S, I proceed to unplug and plug again but the error persists. I dismounted all three radar covers just to take a visual on the plugs, all look ok to me.

Following DJI Support recommendation, all plugs related to the radar system were unplugged, checked and plugged again with no results.

Some observations:

·         The interior of the three Terrain Follow Radar cases were dirty, as I can see the sealings are poor, but the plugs and connectors were ok.

·         After enabling the OAR in the RC, a new error message was received, now from the OAR system. "Obstacle Avoidance Radar Error. Manually disabling the Radar (OAR) is recommended".

·         I unplugged the OAR  from the port in the Rear Forecast Radar (as maybe the OAR was producing the error and the problem may be at one cable (see graphic attached), as the signal of the OAR and Height and Rear Radars travels along the same lines) and the "Height-measure radar and Rear Forecast Radar Communication Error" message persists.

·         I disable the Terrain Follow Radar in the RC and the "Height-measure radar and Rear Forecast Radar Communication Error" message persists.

·         The Liquid Level indication works ok. (signal travels along the same lines)

·         The three radars felt warm to touch after just a few minutes after the battery was connected. (according to DJI Support this is normal and indicates all three radars are working ok).

DJI Support then ask me to check on the LED lights on each radar case (pic.2-3-4) as they should indicate their work status as follows:

Warming

Rear radar: Green Solid

Downward radar: Yellow solid

Front radar: Blue solid

Working ok

Rear radar: Green blinking

Downward radar: Yellow blinking

Front radar: Blue blinking

The result:

·         REAR RADAR: SOLID RED

·         HEIGHT RADAR: BLINKING YELLOW

·         FRONT RADAR: BLINKING BLUE

DJI recommended then to test with a spare Rear Radar Module but as this part is not supposed to fail, and is it very expensive (around USD650$), I will like to consider additional actions before spending that money as not sure changing the Rear Radar Module will solve the problem.

So some questions that hope you could help me:

·         As the error is a "Communication" one between Rear and Height radar modules, is it possible the cable is faulty? Is any way to test if the line (cable) is ok and signal flows ok? Maybe is a matter of replacing the cable that links both radars. Attached a graphic.

·         The three radars are the same? as they all seem the same to me with the same labels. It is possible to switch them for testing?

As I need to complete some work for a client with my MG-1S, and I will have this problem for a while, the question is:

·         Is it safe to disable the terrain following radar from the App for flying in M mode in a flat field? I understand the operational altitude depends on the barometer and that the terrain following radar is only for keeping a constant distance between the aircraft and the crop in a slope or inclined terrain when flying between 1.5 and 3.5 mts Above 3.5 mts from the crop, the follow terrain radar has no use.

Please advise.

Rear radar green in red

Rear radar green in red

Height radar yellow

Height radar yellow

Front radar blue

Front radar blue

Rear radar module

Rear radar module

Error

Error

Graphic cables

Graphic cables
CABLES.jpg
2019-2-13
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

Update 1: Cable is ok, just tested and all 4 pins are working
2019-2-15
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

Update 2: Yes, the three radars are the same. You can use it for different positions in the aircraft (front/height/rear) by entering "select modde" by pressing the small button on the radar module case.
2019-2-15
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

RICARDO CHEES Posted at 2-15 05:46
Update 2: Yes, the three radars are the same. You can use it for different positions in the aircraft (front/height/rear) by entering "select modde" by pressing the small button on the radar module case.

Update: Just received the new Radar Modul, connected the cables and program it to perform as rear radar: green light indication (following the Radar Module procedures), so far so good.
2019-3-17
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

Update 4: Following DJI Support advise, I purchased a new Radar Module and seems the problem is solved. As this is for a rear radar, the green light is blinking again.

Inspecting closely the older faulty radar, I noticed in the interior of the central plug (4 pins-OAR connection) what seems a white and red plastic stuck between the bottom and the wall. I tried to remove it with a needle, with no success. It's impossible that some object went in there so deep, seems it is some kind of plastic from the interior of the radar case. See pictures.
According to the microwave radar pictures and diagrams, there should be no loose parts or materials inside the radar case. The circuits are printed on the boards and the connections to the outside are sealed.

I sent an email and pictures to DJI Support so to forward them to DJI technical department in charge of this part to investigate this, that may have caused my problem.  Seems DJI Support thinks I will make a complaint and issue a reimburse but that's not the case. I only want to solve the mystery where this object came from.
2019-3-17
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

RICARDO CHEES Posted at 3-17 10:43
Update 4: Following DJI Support advise, I purchased a new Radar Module and seems the problem is solved. As this is for a rear radar, the green light is blinking again.

Inspecting closely the older faulty radar, I noticed in the interior of the central plug (4 pins-OAR connection) what seems a white and red plastic stuck between the bottom and the wall. I tried to remove it with a needle, with no success. It's impossible that some object went in there so deep, seems it is some kind of plastic from the interior of the radar case. See pictures.

Hi, sorry but this is normal for DJI. DJI is a toy drone manufacturer that never became a professional company. I hope your AGRAS makes you the money you spent on it back, but I suggest you avoid DJI platforms in the future. The problems you're having will never be resolved, its normal for DJI.
2019-3-18
Use props
Ralf056
lvl.3

Switzerland

NO toy drones!

Hallo,
DJI vertreibt seit vielen Jahren Enterprise-Produkte für Unternehmen. Also Profidrohen und kein Spielzeug. Als Kunde von professionellem Equipment müssen wir erwarten, dass wir IMMER mit 100% super Qualität geliefert werden. Wir verlassen uns auf diese hohe Qualität, weil wir mit den Geräten unseren Lebensunterhalt verdienen.
Ein solches "Kunststoffteil", wie Ricardo es in seinem Radar gefunden hat, ist nicht akzeptabel. DJI hätte sofort mit einem Rabatt auf das neue Radar reagieren sollen.
Ralf
2019-3-24
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

Ralf056 Posted at 3-24 15:58
Hallo,
DJI vertreibt seit vielen Jahren Enterprise-Produkte für Unternehmen. Also Profidrohen und kein Spielzeug. Als Kunde von professionellem Equipment müssen wir erwarten, dass wir IMMER mit 100% super Qualität geliefert werden. Wir verlassen uns auf diese hohe Qualität, weil wir mit den Geräten unseren Lebensunterhalt verdienen.
Ein solches "Kunststoffteil", wie Ricardo es in seinem Radar gefunden hat, ist nicht akzeptabel. DJI hätte sofort mit einem Rabatt auf das neue Radar reagieren sollen.

Hi. I would guess you have never worked with actual enterprise aviation equipment before, have you? DJI is a toy drone manufacturer when compared to professional companies that produce systems in the USA or EU
2019-3-26
Use props
Ralf056
lvl.3

Switzerland

Die Enterprise-Drohnen sind für Profis gedacht. Das hat nichts mit den großen Drohnen für Kriegseinsätze oder ähnliche zu tun. Von den DJI Enterprise-Drohnen wird eine hohe Qualität erwartet. Fast jeder, der eine Enterprise-Drohne besitzt, muss damit Geld verdienen. Da darf es nicht vorkommen, das durch schlechte Produktion Teile ausfallen.
Ralf
2019-3-26
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

Ralf056 Posted at 3-26 14:12
Die Enterprise-Drohnen sind für Profis gedacht. Das hat nichts mit den großen Drohnen für Kriegseinsätze oder ähnliche zu tun. Von den DJI Enterprise-Drohnen wird eine hohe Qualität erwartet. Fast jeder, der eine Enterprise-Drohne besitzt, muss damit Geld verdienen. Da darf es nicht vorkommen, das durch schlechte Produktion Teile ausfallen.
Ralf

I, and many colleagues in the industry, disagree with you wholeheartedly.

I am not speaking about UCAV's. Toy drones labelled "enterprise" are still made in China as cheaply as possible without redundancies and hardware quality requirements like those found in professional UAS produced in the US and EU. Some professional systems come out of other countries, even Africa, and they have way more reliability than a drone produced in China.  
2019-3-28
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

2019-4-1
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

The three microwave radars keeping the Agras MG-1 in a constant altitude of 3.5 meters above the crop.
2019-4-1
Use props
pahpad2
lvl.1

Hi. Can we replace Epicycle radar with 3 radars in mg1s?
2019-9-19
Use props
pahpad2
lvl.1

Iran

Hi
My UAV was accidentally disabled. Again, it gives a registry error. what do I do???
15757213581667065344999798416560.jpg
15757213725733811597202476609521.jpg
2019-12-7
Use props
djiuser_rxN4HzD2kLJi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18514 ft

South Africa

pahpad2 Posted at 2019-12-7 04:23
Hi
My UAV was accidentally disabled. Again, it gives a registry error. what do I do???

What a nasty little thing you are. We help and listen opn these forms and it that is a brug to you mr I know it all why the hell are you still on the group.
2022-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules