Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New USB-C Microphone solution?
2434 11 2019-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hashiko
lvl.3
United States

Just found this on the BHPhoto site.. Has a 3rd party manufacturer figured out how to exploit the pocket's USB-C port in a way that most adapters don't work? I'm not familiar with DigitalPhoto.. and at  $15USD it may not be amazing, but probably better than the internal mic. Thoughts? BHPhoto Link

2019-2-13
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

Nooooo, it doesn't work - look youtube

2019-2-13
Use props
hashiko
lvl.3
United States

BeterBan Posted at 2-13 11:08
Nooooo, it doesn't work - look youtube

[view_image]

I looked on YouTube for a review of that particular device and found none. Can you post a link?
2019-2-13
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

FWIW, that one doesn't work.  And if it did.... for 15US there's no way it could be better than the built in mics. :-)
Take note.  Those are not stocked by B&H.  You're getting a drop shipped device, plus notice the "not cancellable/not returnable" which tells me the claims and descripts are suspect.  I dropped a note to B&H customerservice because I was concerned they were misrepresenting a product, that is known not to work with Pocket.
2019-2-13
Use props
zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hashiko Posted at 2-13 11:20
I looked on YouTube for a review of that particular device and found none. Can you post a link?

I got something that looks exactly the same Even said it was for the Osmo Pocket

All my testing it failed to work with the OP all you can do is buy & try - but very much doubt it will work

As no DJI adapter is available I now use my external rode mics with a digital recorder and sync in post production
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this amazing accessory of your Osmo Pocket. For a friendly reminder please be cautious on using third-party accessories as this may affect the performance of the unit. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-13
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.4
United States

Nothing is going to work until DJI issues a FIRMWARE UPDATE that activates the mic port.  Do you think they have a magic port that nothing else will work on?
2019-2-13
Use props
zoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Upscaleman Posted at 2-13 17:16
Nothing is going to work until DJI issues a FIRMWARE UPDATE that activates the mic port.  Do you think they have a magic port that nothing else will work on?

Lets hope not
2019-2-14
Use props
NoëI
Second Officer

Netherlands

Upscaleman Posted at 2-13 17:16
Nothing is going to work until DJI issues a FIRMWARE UPDATE that activates the mic port.  Do you think they have a magic port that nothing else will work on?

Not true about the firmware update.
dcrainmaker never did a firmware update and got it working with the original adapter.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=177839
2019-2-14
Use props
BeterBan
Second Officer
Austria

It's the mystery of the century why all of these adapters do not work
(and all sellers are lying). When I need excellent sound, I use one of
my speech recorders, which record MP3 - and WAV up to 1536 kbps -
and you can place them everywhere.

... all from amazon ...

Voice recorder with color display also shows photos ... ebooks ...

2019-2-14
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-13 13:02
Hi, thanks for sharing this amazing accessory of your Osmo Pocket. For a friendly reminder please be cautious on using third-party accessories as this may affect the performance of the unit. Thank you for continued support.

Tony... be careful... by calling this an "amazing accessory" it sound like an endorsement (and that it works) even though you follow by saying -in essence- it's not supported and be cautions.  You seem to be sending mixed messages. :-)
2019-2-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 2-14 08:45
Tony... be careful... by calling this an "amazing accessory" it sound like an endorsement (and that it works) even though you follow by saying -in essence- it's not supported and be cautions.  You seem to be sending mixed messages. :-)

Hi, thanks for the inputs. I will take note of this and avoid this scenario in the future. Appreciate your feedback. Cheers!  
2019-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules