2345 22 2019-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CyFA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

Any timeframe on when we will be able to install 3rd party applications viw google paly such as Litchi?
As we all know, this application has many functions that are not available in the waypoints of DJI.
Thank you and please can you pass this on to the developers dpt.

2019-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can download litchi via Amazon App Store, But litchi not working on SRC yet, I contacted litchi they said dji hasn’t released SDK for RC but if and when they do Litchi will get it working. So we should really ask the question When are dji going to release SDK for SRC .
2019-2-14
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

hallmark007 Posted at 2-14 10:13
You can download litchi via Amazon App Store, But litchi not working on SRC yet, I contacted litchi they said dji hasn’t released SDK for RC but if and when they do Litchi will get it working. So we should really ask the question When are dji going to release SDK for SRC .

Thanks for your reply, i do agree that its up to DJI and they should seriously consider this!
Amazon is great but i use play store so they can also include this by my opinion.
They are a lot of Litchi users out there and since DJI cannot offer the same or even better application functions at the present time ...
2019-2-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CyFA Posted at 2-14 10:29
Thanks for your reply, i do agree that its up to DJI and they should seriously consider this!
Amazon is great but i use play store so they can also include this by my opinion.
They are a lot of Litchi users out there and since DJI cannot offer the same or even better application functions at the present time ...

Having tried dji’s waypoints , it has a bit of a ways to go before it can compare to Litchi, so hopefully the release soon.
BTW just noticed we now have a SRC logo attached to our avatar .
2019-2-14
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

hallmark007 Posted at 2-14 10:35
Having tried dji’s waypoints , it has a bit of a ways to go before it can compare to Litchi, so hopefully the release soon.
BTW just noticed we now have a SRC logo attached to our avatar .

Indeed they do, so they should allow Litchi ASAP!
Oh yes, we do have this also but you have more ... its not fair LOL
2019-2-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi CyFA here’s a video will show how to download apps from google, hope it helps.
2019-2-16
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

hallmark007 Posted at 2-16 14:30
Hi CyFA here’s a video will show how to download apps from google, hope it helps.

Cant see anything ...
2019-2-16
Use props
spycorfu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1122989 ft
  • >>>
Greece

so we wait, for the moment i have to carry both controllers with me
2019-2-16
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

spycorfu Posted at 2-16 23:10
so we wait, for the moment i have to carry both controllers with me

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of that to be honest.
Have you got it working with the remote and telephone device?

So if someone like me who purchased the combo and "saved" some money, they will again pay more to get another controller?
Now thats a shame!!!
2019-2-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CyFA Posted at 2-16 21:29
Cant see anything ...

Apologies

2019-2-17
Use props
danwal1982
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40932 ft
Germany

This is how to install Apps sure not a big thing. But how does it help with the problems that no other apps than DJI GO4 can recognize the connected Drone?
2019-2-18
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

danwal1982 Posted at 2-18 14:31
This is how to install Apps sure not a big thing. But how does it help with the problems that no other apps than DJI GO4 can recognize the connected Drone?

Correct, it doesnt
2019-2-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

danwal1982 Posted at 2-18 14:31

I’m not sure what other app you are looking for ? Only other one is dji pilot or as is being talked about here litchi etc, I think dji Pilot will be available because they are working on RC to make compatible with enterprise, which needs pilot app.

Other apps apart from pilot will need SDK released from dji before they can make their apps compatible with SRC .

2019-2-19
Use props
danwal1982
lvl.2
Germany

I am not looking for any special apps. It i really frustrating that it is not possible to use the Smart Controller with the M2E cause DJI Pilot App does not recognice the Drone is connected to the controller. I don´t understand why this is such a big thing.
There is a part which is the controller and the other part is a chrystal sky monitor i think. It works if you use both devices and link an them with a simple usb cable. But both together packed in one device (which is sold as a premium product) does not work.
For me unbelieviable - but maybe i expect to much if i buy a product for round about 650€ and believe it will work without any problems with my M2E as mentioned on the german Smart Controller product site...
2019-2-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

danwal1982 Posted at 2-19 09:01
I am not looking for any special apps. It i really frustrating that it is not possible to use the Smart Controller with the M2E cause DJI Pilot App does not recognice the Drone is connected to the controller. I don´t understand why this is such a big thing.
There is a part which is the controller and the other part is a chrystal sky monitor i think. It works if you use both devices and link an them with a simple usb cable. But both together packed in one device (which is sold as a premium product) does not work.
For me unbelieviable - but maybe i expect to much if i buy a product for round about 650€ and believe it will work without any problems with my M2E as mentioned on the german Smart Controller product site...[view_image]

I think dji have said they will make SRC compatible with enterprise, i expect to this to be sorted soon, dji will have to put pilot app on SRC as it will be needed for enterprise.
2019-2-19
Use props
danwal1982
lvl.2
Germany

Problem is not to put the app on SRC. It seems to be a problem with permissions or some other communication problem. I was able to install Pilot App but Pilot app is showing "disconnected".
2019-2-20
Use props
roamer105
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3156145 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just got my smart controller. Android is new to me since I used iPhone and iPad until now.
2019-2-20
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

danwal1982 Posted at 2-19 09:01
There is a part which is the controller and the other part is a chrystal sky monitor i think. It works if you use both devices and link an them with a simple usb cable. But both together packed in one device (which is sold as a premium product) does not work.
For me unbelieviable - but maybe i expect to much if i buy a product for round about 650€ and believe it will work without any problems with my M2E as mentioned on the german Smart Controller product site...[view_image]

Exactly to the point, paying for such an expensive RC and not being able to use it as you could is just not right!
2019-2-20
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

danwal1982 Posted at 2-20 15:08
Problem is not to put the app on SRC. It seems to be a problem with permissions or some other communication problem. I was able to install Pilot App but Pilot app is showing "disconnected".

A remote for a specific drone is not a solution!
Why not be able to use it on other DJI drones and then again why not be able to install and work with 3rd party apps?
2019-2-20
Use props
CyFA
lvl.3
  • >>>
Cyprus

roamer105 Posted at 2-20 16:46
Just got my smart controller. Android is new to me since I used iPhone and iPad until now.

Am on the other side, never used iPad or an iPhone ;)
2019-2-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

danwal1982 Posted at 2-20 15:08
Problem is not to put the app on SRC. It seems to be a problem with permissions or some other communication problem. I was able to install Pilot App but Pilot app is showing "disconnected".

I think the problem for apps is dji are still configuring for pilot app, with others apps like litchi, it needs dji to release SDK to allow litchi as well as other app builders to configure their systems, I believe this was slow coming because of Chinese New Year which seems to go on for a long time, so hopefully over the next month or so we will see more stuff coming on board, whether we like it or not, it seems the way in the drone tech world, products being pushed out to get to market ASAP, and although we sometimes put the blame on producers engineers designers, a lot of what we see is an insatiable appetite from consumers for new products.
2019-2-22
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

roamer105 Posted at 2019-2-20 16:46

On a regular android phone you would go to "Play Store" app and simply search and install.  Smart Controller does not come with Play Store.  So that means using apk files to install the app.  This is discouraged by DJI as apps that use lots of resources can cause problems to the SC.
2021-7-12
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 7-12 06:38
On a regular android phone you would go to "Play Store" app and simply search and install.  Smart Controller does not come with Play Store.  So that means using apk files to install the app.  This is discouraged by DJI as apps that use lots of resources can cause problems to the SC.

bill, you are answering a question from over 2 years ago.  anyone who wants to install litchi on their sc can find the instructions here:  https://flylitchi.com/dji-monitors
2021-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules